2014 Chrysler Town & Country

2014 Chrysler Town & Country
Available in 4 styles:  2016 Chrysler Town & Country FWD LWB Passenger Van shown

17 city / 25 hwy

Overall

Very Dissapointed

by unhappy in ma from Gloucester, Ma | March 18, 2016

This car has great features and at first glance seems comparable with other leading brands, however here are the bad experiences I have had in just two months time of owning one. Just purchased a used 2014 Town and Country with 49,000 miles on it. Have literally had the car for less than two months and already have to change the motor on the left passenger door for $800. Apparently, your warranty only covers you for 36months or 36,000 miles. Seeing as we are slightly over the 36,000 mileage, we are not covered under warranty, even though we are way under on the 36 months. Spoke with Chrysler and they said the best they can do for us is to replace motor for $200, which is very nice however, like I mentioned earlier, this car is less than 2yrs old and has less than 50,000 miles on it and motors are already starting to go. Now I am scared we are going to have to fix the other doors motors in the next year and it is going to cost a fortune. Clearly, these cars are not made with quality products or the warranty would have covered the parts longer. From now on I am sticking with my Honda's!!!! So worth the money up front too not have these issues down the line.

Love my Town and Country!!

by Nana from Texhoma, Oklahoma | March 12, 2016

We absolutely love our Town and Country mini van!! It fits our family needs and we never have any trouble with it. It is smooth riding, and gets an average of 28 mpg on the road! We travel a lot seeing our children and grandchildren, putting 41,000 miles on it in the first year. We purchased it from Cooke Motor Company in Trinidad, Colorado, as always. They are friendly, helpful, courteous and bend over backwards to please us. Wouldn't buy from anyone else!

2014 Town and Country

by Sher from Minnesota | March 7, 2016

First of all...I just bought this vehicle and overall I love this vehicle. There is only one issue that I am concerned about right now. I bought this last Monday, and Tuesday it snowed about 2 inches. I couldn't get any traction at all. I was very upset. I called the dealership and they asked me to bring it back on Saturday to look at the traction control. Thursday, again about 1 inch of snow. My husband took the vehicle out this time and again, no traction at all. The wheels just spinned going up a very small incline. Saturday the mechanic said that the traction control button is meant for ice, not snow so turn the traction control button off when there is in snow. So far...no snow. Hopefully this has answered the problem. We'll see. Otherwise, I will be a very unhappy camper. Everything else...absolutely love the vehicle. I can't find any other reviews about traction control.

Uses car for Towing

Wish I Hadn't Bought It

by Tlawrie from Painesville, OH | February 24, 2015

I bought this van new in July of 2014. My T&C is loaded with all the nice extras, which is what I fell for. I really wanted DVD players for my kids, and the Honda Odyssey was really expensive for any bells and whistles. I got a good deal. The one thing that I detest the most about this car is the lack of get-up-and-go. If you enjoy accelerating and getting up a hill without losing momentum, this car may not be for you! It's slow, sluggish, and I fight with it every time I drive it. It's a battle I can't win. Horrible acceleration, period. It's like a sled. The incessant rattle somewhere deep in my dashboard has made me want to hang myself from the beginning (dealership says they may have to replace the dash). The console between the front seats rattles a lot, too. If you have a drink in the console, the bottle will rattle constantly. My latest adventure was today, when I got a flat tire in below zero weather with a van full of kids. I read the owner's manual to locate the spare, and low and behold, there was no spare tire! After a day of drama, I called the dealership and spoke to the woman who sold me the car. She informed me that a spare tire costs $295, and that there is a flat repair kit in the back. WHAT???? What I do like about the car: comfortable seats, love the heated steering wheel, very roomy, and the seats fold down easily. As for everything else...should have gotten a Honda.

Nicest Car I've Owned

by G'Pa the Chauffeur from Berthoud, CO | December 25, 2014

This is the second T&C we've owned (2010 & 2014). We love the style, performance and value. The fold down 2nd and 3rd row seats make it roomy for any occasion. Two awesome vehicles.

Great Car

by Van Crazy from Washington, DC | October 11, 2014

Great ride, comfortable I recommend this type to all of my friend and family. I love the comfort of riding over five hundred miles seating of my family.

2014 Town and Country S

by Snowbound Scout from The Dakotas | October 4, 2014

Pros: Acceleration, new larger and upgraded brakes, Sport tuned suspension (this is an S model) that unfortunately seems to be unavailable on other models. Fit and finish is excellent. The transmission shifts smoothly and flawlessly. Much changed from the older versions (I previously owned a 2008 Grand Caravan SXT and a 2009 Town and Country Touring). Older versions had iffy brakes and a terribly clunky transmission that banged into gear and was always searching for someplace other than in the car. Cons: Not much. The only thing I can think of is the fact that data cannot be entered, or changes made to the navigation unless the car is in park. I understand the reasoning, but it makes it hard even for a passenger to do anything with the nav without pulling over and stopping. I understand this is industry wide, and a safety thing because some dimwit would try to program while driving and hurt them selves or someone else----but,,, there comes a point when big brother can't legislate and anti-litigate stupidity away. Our cars (and everything else) are so constrained and plastered with warning stickers, you just might get distracted trying to read one and hit a tree!!!! Overall review: I recently traded my "so-so" 09 T&C for a new T&C "S", The similarities between the two is superficial only. The 2014 "S" is related to the 2009 through family resemblance, yet so far removed from the older version that you have to wonder about genetics. Same Mother Chrysler, but Father Fiat seems a so much better parent than Deadbeat Dad Daimler ever was. The fit and finish of my T&C are flawless. Lines are straight and even. Paint is deep, pearly and glowing. Gone is the cheap jagged edged plastic and poor upholstery from the former marriage. In it's place is soft touch door panels and a nicely finished sculptured dash that swoops down to a highly functional, conventional console.The sport suspension standard on the "S" is vastly improved. The ride is a little stiff, but the cornering and steering is sure and quick, with nary a rattle. The old clunky shifting transmission s gone. In its place is a smooth shifting, 6 speed pleasure. The 283 HP engine pulls strongly up to cruising speed. I have averaged just over 20 MPG over a 700+ mile average that includes about half and half 25-40 suburban type driving, and highway speeds. The brakes have been vastly improved with 13 inch dual caliper discs in the front and 12 inch discs in the rear. The dash is well laid out, and the switches and controls appear durable, and function well. The media center works very well, and the new dual DVD system includes both conventional, and HDMI Blueray capability now. The screens are high definition and are much crisper than the earlier versions. To summarize, this van is now what you would expect a vehicle that bears the Chrysler logo to be. Hopefully, they will continue to evolve and improve the product. In closing, I would imagine that media reviewers who post that this car is inferior to the other brands, are either just reading and repeating old outdated reviews, or they have an agenda of some sort. This vehicle is as good as the competition, and in most areas, such as power, features and bang for the buck, better.

Most practile van for the family

by Fasil from Elk Grove, IL | October 1, 2014

Best van for the family. All seats stow away and van becomes a cargo van. We bought the Town and country S which has two DVD for the kids. Great for traveling, going to downtown and perfect for parking in the small spots. Very practical interior. Not the best warranty.

My first American made vehicle

by K from Va | September 8, 2014

Nice smooth minivan . Kids love it and if course the kids mother as well . I made this purchase after careful consideration towards other minivans in the market and I did that with town and country without braking my pockets . It has more than enough features for its price as any body would need on a daily basis . Reliability I don't know as I had the van for only few weeks but I feel if u keep the maintainence up than their should be no major problems . I am very happy with my purchase

So Far Soooo Good

by NoNickname from Albany, New York | September 8, 2014

I've had the car for about 3 weeks and it is a nice ride for a minivan. Lots of accessories, comfortable and stylish. I had rented T&Cs in the past, so I knew it was what I wanted (fold down seating, eyc.). I hope it is reliable for the term of the lease.