Hunter Subaru Hyundai

Service 888-565-5943

Proudly Serving Western North Carolina since 1940

My new SUV, Ethel, Danny, Chris, Hunter employees

by from Hendersonville, NC |

Ethel was extremely helpful. She tolerated me with ease and a smile. She was very polite a real go getter. She got us what we needed without any hesitation or irritation. I knew I was possibly a needy customer and she tolerated me with ease. She worked around us and made it a pleasure to purchase an SUV. I am extremely happy with the service we received from her and would happily purchase another SUV, Car, etc from Hunter, from Ethel. Also, Danny Prince the service manager, he is as helpful to us as Ethel was and is. Thanks to both of them for being so helpful. Chris as manager was a delight to work with as well. Hunter employees work hard, get the job done and deal with "Needy" people like me with ease and grace. Keep up the good work, actual, keep up the excellent job.

Service department does the right thing

by from Hendersonville, NC |

I recently posted a review under "Service department severely lacking". I have just been contacted by the service manager and he asked me about my experience at Hunter Subaru service. After our discussion I was very pleasantly surprised with his offer to "make things right and give me a good customer experience". I now believe that the Hunter family operates a quality business both from a sales and service perspective. I will be reccomending them to my friends

Service dept severely lacking

by from Hendersonville, nc |

My battery died in my 2011 Outback died and I replaced it. However, 3 of the dashboard lights remained on. I called Hunter Subaru service and explained the situation. They told me a simple computer analysis would determine the problem. Today is July 3, 2014, after waiting an hour and twenty minutes for the simple analysis I was told they can't determine why the dashboard lights are staying on. " we have no idea how long it will take the technician to figure out the problem". Very concerned about their process and what this will cost. Still sitting in the waiting room. Will post their findings and cost.

Never buy a car from a liar.

by from Greenville, SC |

why ad a car as an automatic when its really a 5 speed straight drive ? I played football in college.... bad right knee, ohhhh we apologize! We are so sorry.... blah blah... As I said, never buy a car from liars.

Sleazy salesmen

by from Western, NC |

Waste of time; their "huge end of year savings" was full list price, which was $500 more than the price they had listed on their website. I was treated poorly by both the saleman and the sales manager; felt like I was talked down to and not worthy of their time. Terrible experience. Fairway Subaru in Greenville sold us the same 2014 Forester Premium for $800 below invoice; head down the mountain if you want to buy a car; go to Hunter if you want to meet a sleazy car salesman like they have in the movies.

December 24, 2013

I'm so sorry that you had a negative experience with our sales department. We really do work hard to satisfy all of our customers, and it was definitely not our intention to upset you. If there is anything else I can do, please feel free to give me a call at (828) 693-8661. -Randy Hunter, General Manager

sales really sorry

by from Rutherfordton N.C |

I was really disappointed. Bought 2008 subaru 7/26/13, oil had not been changed.Just yesterday had to put new belts, and plugs in at a cost of 280$. On top of that one of the cv axles has pin hole. If that's not bad enough the warranty they sold me is no good because the axles were after market. Good Deal huh! Even small used car lots condition car's before selling.

October 24, 2013

Hi Jo Ann, Thank you for your review. We appreciate your honest feedback. I'm glad we had the opportunity to discuss this matter over the phone. Once again, I'm very sorry that you were not satisfied with our services, and I do sincerely apologize for our miscommunication and mistake with your warranty. Please do not hesitate to contact me again in the future if you have any other concerns or questions. Sincerely, Randy Hunter, General Manager 828-693-8661

Finally Found the Exact Car I Had Been Looking For

by from Hendersonville, NC |

We dealt with Jerry Long and we were very pleased with our experience, he was very easy to talk to, gave us good information and even went above and beyond the call of duty by finding the additional car remote which was not originally discovered with the car paperwork. Overall we were very please and will definitely return our business to Hunter if Jerry will be our salesperson.

TAKE MY ADVICE.....AVOID !

by from Hendersonville,NC |

GEEEESH! ....I've never been this dissatisfied with ANY company....EVER! Swore I would never go back after buying a new vehicle and returning with the "check engine" light on. Turns out I didn't have the gas cap on tightly... charged $20 to tell me this!........ Now tried to book appointment for a recall notice I received... got the runaround bigtime....Didn't want to book me until I had service done as well !!!! .... HATE this dealership.

September 6, 2013

I am very sorry about your experience at our service center. It is our goal to provide each customer with excellent customer service, and we have fallen well short of that with you. I would like to learn more about the details of your experience so that we can address the issues, or at least ensure that it does not happen again. Please call (828.694.2579) or email me (th@hunterautogroup.com) at your earliest convenience. Sincerely, Tom Hunter, General Manager

Great buying experience -- Subaru Outback

by from Hendersonville, NC |

Gala, from Hunter Subaru Hyundai, did everything possible to find the right matched vehicle for us. And even though she was inundated with customers and calls at the time, she was very thoughtful, courteous and informative every step of the way. Oh yea, and we love our Subie too!

great experience

by from Norcross |

I had a very good experience with this dealership. I came ready to buy a Subaru Outback. My sales person who I thing his name was Trey knew everything about the car. He showed me how to program the blue tooth and how my bike rack would fit. I was also introduced to the service department and I will go back to them for a check up after reaching 1,000. miles. Everybody was very friendly and very laid back. I was in and out of there in 1 hour. I decided to do financing and to put 5,000.down because the financing was so good. It did not make sense to pay cash for the car. I did not feel pressured and I liked the feel of the people who work there. Thanks and I will be a long time customer.

Love the Subarus-- dont like the dealership

by from Hendersonville,nc |

Did not buy car here--- sales pressure to HIGH... Took car back here in due to a minor recall--- They fixed it-- BUT EVER SINCE I have been bombarded with SALES cards in the mail, SERVICE REMINDERS IN THE MAIL>>>>>OVER AND OVER..... AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST TELEPHONE SALES PITCHES___RECORDED MESSAGES--- Last one said I need new TIRES! Since I have 7/32 tread left---- just what are they basing this assumption on? IS THIS WHAT IT TAKES TO OPERATE A BUSINESS??????????????