Grossinger Hyundai

6747 N Lincoln Ave, Lincolnwood, IL 60712

New 877-465-6146
Used 888-698-5973
Service 888-767-2864

Great experience I wasn't expecting at dealership!

by from Chicago |

Wow! What an experience! I personally dislike shopping for cars so much that causes lots of stress and anxiety just even thinking about it. I have shopped for cars before and I always had a feeling that someone is always trying to sell me something I am not interested in or even worst, to set me up. Not this place! At no point I felt pressured to make any decisions I wouldn't be unhappy with. I knew this will be a good experience the moment I walked in and when Mel Hanna, the store manager, said to me " how about if we start with bottle of water " Then he said " I'll get Neniveh to help you out" that was my lucky day because let me tell you, Neniveh was absolutely amazing! Her personality, experience, professionalism and knowledge was incredible and made me very comfortable. Long story short I was in and out of the shop for few days and finally on the third visit I drove away with a new car! Neniveh was not just helping me choose my car but she made the entire experience absolutely pleasurable, relaxing and super stress free! And bottom line, I got what I wanted! I have to mention Jonny as well who helped me make my final decision and change my mind last minute that probably drove Neniveh crazy but she handle it with a style ;-) My overall experience at this shop was amazing and all of the people I had a chance to interact with couldn't be more friendlier. This is what a car shopping experience should be like and cudos to all of you! Highly recommended and it will be to all of my friends looking for a car.

Awesome salesperson and Awesome Service Department

by from Chicago, IL |

I was searching for a sedan for almost a year. I wanted a Sonata, so I went to a few dealerships. Grossinger Hyundai got my business. You know that "gut" feeling one gets when you know it's right? Well, my salesman, Harlow, was cool, professional, not pushy, informative, nice - it all just worked. Bought my beautiful Sonata in December 2013. Then yesterday when I wanted to get the snow and salt off of my car, the automatic car wash push the bodywork out of whack. Of course, they acted as if they didn't understand my English so I decided to take my Sonata to the dealership today. Wow! Andrew understood my frustration and re-aligned the seams of the body......with NO CHARGE! How cool is that? The entire service department could not have been more nice and as I perused the floor of the dealership I realized that everyone is very helpful and nice. (but Harlow is the best and Andrew is the best in service!!!)

Bad News Bears....!!!

by from Chicago, IL |

Beware of this place. My fiancee' and I set an appointment to go look at a Hyundai Tiburon that they had just listed. Left carmax and arrived there early. I got a bad feeling from the moment I drove up and "made" myself a park in the back of their facility within the congestion of New, Used, Beat Up and Employee cars. We walked in and were greeted. It seemed pretty busy so I began to feel a little better. The lady introduced us to a young guy whom was supposed to accompany us on the test drive. After finding the car, my fiancee' and I are looking the car over and what do we see? On the passenger side there is a HUGE puddle of water in the front floor. On top of that the tires seemed a little worn. The manager comes out and then notifies the owner who then comes out and tries to say he drove the car for a month and that had never happened. Keep in mind it had rained that day. He said they will clean it up and fix it for us so we can go on the test drive. As he goes to get into the car, he notices that the top visor over the sunroof had a piece that was hanging off. Now I'm sure it is no question by now whether or not we bought this car. We went on the test drive and the car just did not feel like a V-6 is supposed to feel. Not sure if it was the car or the issues it potentially may have had. We drove it back and let's just say that the manager didn't even remotely try to sell us anything that day. Overall, based off the ho-hum experience we had that day, I don't think I would be recommending this place anytime soon.

Great Customer Service, Thanks John Mcauliffe!

by from Chicago, IL |

I had a flat tire and took my Elantra to Firestone only to find out it could not be repaired. I found out shortly after that I had 24-7 Roadside Assistance through Hyundai. I was shocked and excited to learn that this dealership had service hours on Sunday. Before I got my car towed in, I called and spoke to John to make sure they had my tire in stock which they did. I rode to the dealership with the tow truck and worked with John. In addition to getting my tire on my car in under an hour and washing it, he also processed my MPG reimbursement. John was a pleasure to work with I would recommend him and this dealership to anyone needing service on their New or Used Hyundai. Thanks again, you made my inconvenient situation much more convenient!

What a nice guy!

by from Chicago, IL |

First of all, I was very hesitant to come here due to the poor reviews on another site. I did not purchase my car from this dealer, so I was going in blind. My USB port was not reading my iPod on my newly purchased used 2011 Hyundai Elantra. I also notice a huge scratch down the side of my car from what I'm guessing is from a wicked storm that came through just days prior. Huge Bummer! Little did I know that Hyundai has a dual Aux/USB cable that needs to be used, so that problem was not really a problem. I did, however, get pushed by the parts guy behind the shop desk to buy the $35 cable because "I won't find a better deal or one that actually works anywhere else." I told him I would like to just check out Amazon first and I could be back for it. He said, how about $5 off? I was like, um no thank you. He was a tad pushy, but the service tech was not. He was such a nice guy! On to the scratch...they provide the filler pens for you that you can apply yourself from around $17.00-$30.00. Mine was more expensive because it had both base and top coat. I'm super excited to get the huge scratch taken care of and it was such an easy process! I think I would definitely come back since it's so close to the city. (Chicago)

Black Friday shopping

by from Chicago, IL |

It was a first time experience, car shopping 5:00 a.m. in the morning, but it was worth it! New Elantra in my driveway by 7:15 a.m.! There were some glitches in financial department which wasn't ready at such early time of the day:), but overall experience was positive.