Grossinger Hyundai

Used 888-698-5973
Service 888-767-2864

bought new car

by from Chicago, IL |

Got my car from grossinger Hyundai. Gerardo baez was amazing. He picked me up from my house to drive me to the dealership. Treated me with professionalism as well as honesty. Very down to earth and made me as a fist time car buyer fell welcome and comfortable. From the moment i showed up to test drive the car to being handed the keys he made sure i was happy satisfied and always had a hot chocolate in my hand. I don't think i could have had a better representative helping me with my purchase. I've always saw and felt car dealers to be selfish stuck up tools fighting for large comissions, And solely interested in themselves. This was not the case. Gerardo is a awesome guy. Thank you for my ford escape. I will recommend grossinger Hyundai to my friends and in particular Gerardo baez.

Terrible dealership service

by from Bartlett, Illinois |

Purchase a (advertised as New) 2014 Santa Fe. Made an appointment to see it. Car was dirty and appeared to have been used. Was told that it was a demo (3109 milies). Salesman told me that if we did a deal, the car would be detailed before we left & done in 45 minutes. Did the deal but spent several hours at the dealers waiting for them to clean it. Problem was they were short on staff. Also, we noticed a paint chip on one door and was promised a touch-up bottle (should of been fixed). The following days I noticed more areas that were still dirty. I cleaned some but got a call from dealer asking me if I had any issues. I told her that I was disapointed on the detailing. She offered a detailing if I brought it back. I made an appointment & they had a fellow work on it (not a real detail). To my amazement it was still bad. I showed Rene & he agreed. He spoke to the shop manager who offered to have him do it again. NO THANKS. Told him I was upset (46 mile round trip) & time wasted. Have not even received an apology. Bought three cars in the last two months (two sons) and this was the worst experience.

Great service

by from Harwood height,il |

Gerardo was a great salesman helped us out. Put us in the right car for me also paul in finance isamazing and quick i recommend gerardo to everyone now

Want a New Hyundai? Go To Grossinger!

by from Chicago, IL |

We were looking for a white 2015 Tucson AWD Limited with a panoramic moonroof, & selected Grossinger Hyundai because they are 3.5 miles from our home - not a far distance to go for post-sale servicing. After checking their on-line inventory for several weeks, they finally had our ideal Tucson in stock! What luck! But, high quality customer service is of great importance to us & our buying from them would greatly depend on their customer service attitude. Our first example of it was from Leilae (Gem #1) when she promptly called us in response to our email request for additional info on the white Tucson. She was professional, patiently provided the info we wanted, & answered our questions. We made an appointment for very late that afternoon for a test drive. Upon arriving at Grossinger we noticed they were busy with other customers. Despite that, Jimmy (I think) (Gem #2) who, after finding out we had scheduled a test drive, asked us if we wanted a beverage & said he would get Paul, a former Sales Consultant now working in Finance. He had been assigned to set us up for the test drive because all the Sales Consultants were busy with other customers. Paul (Gem #3) also offered a beverage, found us a comfortable place to sit, & went to get the Tucson. Shortly thereafter, there it was - our ideal Tucson. Personable, easy-going Paul patiently took the time to explain the features we needed to know about to comfortably take our test drive. His confidence in & admiration of its exceptional features were projected in his explanations. So, off we went on our test drive! The Tucson is spacious, comfortable, & easy to drive. While there is a lot to look at on the dashboard, it is arranged in such a way as to not be distractive. The Tucson easily backed into our alley garage (a concern with a large vehicle) - the rearview camera helped a great deal! So, back to Grossinger for the dreaded negotiation! At this point, we met Gerardo (Gem #4), our Sales Consultant, who said "You love it, don't you?" to which I couldn't help but reply "We love it!" (Not good for our negotiation when they know you probably will not be willing to walk out the door without the car - but we're old & we want what we want - case closed!) Now, let us tell you about Gerardo: friendly, personable, easy-going, & charming with an excellent & warm sense of humor who, like Paul, is enthusiastic about Hyundai & proud of the entire line of Hyundai vehicles. The negotiation: our research indicated most dealers nowadays are quite transparent in their pricing, leaving little room for negotiation. There was some back & forth to achieve our out-the-door price, with us making some concessions & them throwing in a few extras to sweeten the deal! (Oh, Sales Manager Mel, you're a tough one, but Gem #5 nonetheless!) (FYI: We call Good People we meet our "Gems in Life!") It was nearing 9 pm, but Finance Paul was closing a deal with another couple & our Tucson had to be prepped for delivery. While we waited, Gerardo helped us with the on-line registration for BlueLink (complimentary one-year subscription). The young man (Gem #6) who prepped (& topped off the gas tank) the car brought us the keys & said "Enjoy your new car!" We got in & Gerardo explained everything about it, including all the comprehensive yet easy to understand manuals Hyundai provides. He is very knowledgeable about the Tucson, as we're sure he is about the entire line of Hyundai models. Finance Paul had all the paperwork ready & because we were paying cash this part of the process was a breeze! We signed, gave him our check, & were happily on our way home in our new Tucson! We give Grossinger Hyundai 5 stars in all categories except "Quality of Repairs" because we have no experience yet to provide a rating. We are waiting for some dealer-installed accessories & will provide an update afterward. So, please, if you know you want a new Hyundai - Go to Grossinger & ask for Gerardo. You will not be disappointed!

Great Day Happy Service at Hyundai Fun day

by from Chicago il |

I was having a bad and my cars engine blew up it was a Lincoln l.s 2003 , I really needed to get to work and my car would barely move, I could not miss a day of work, I called my friend James Soto and asked him if he can send me or knew any were were I can buy a car quick , he recommended grossinger Hyundai at 6747 n Lincoln ,Chicago I'll, I checked it out and saw a Hyundai elantra 2013 , I instantly wanted it, gerado a sales agent took care of me he gave me all the details about the car , and it was a wise of me to purchase it , we filled out the paper work and within a hour I traded in my car and drove of in a new elantra , it was the best decision , they Gabe me the best warranty and protection plan, and the coustumer service was excellent , the car saved me so much money and I was extremely happy , every time I go to the dealership for a car wash ,the staff is friendly ,kind ,and happy I would recommend this dealership to all who need a new car and enjoy great coustmer service , best regards Felix rivera

Great experience I wasn't expecting at dealership!

by from Chicago |

Wow! What an experience! I personally dislike shopping for cars so much that causes lots of stress and anxiety just even thinking about it. I have shopped for cars before and I always had a feeling that someone is always trying to sell me something I am not interested in or even worst, to set me up. Not this place! At no point I felt pressured to make any decisions I wouldn't be unhappy with. I knew this will be a good experience the moment I walked in and when Mel Hanna, the store manager, said to me " how about if we start with bottle of water " Then he said " I'll get Neniveh to help you out" that was my lucky day because let me tell you, Neniveh was absolutely amazing! Her personality, experience, professionalism and knowledge was incredible and made me very comfortable. Long story short I was in and out of the shop for few days and finally on the third visit I drove away with a new car! Neniveh was not just helping me choose my car but she made the entire experience absolutely pleasurable, relaxing and super stress free! And bottom line, I got what I wanted! I have to mention Jonny as well who helped me make my final decision and change my mind last minute that probably drove Neniveh crazy but she handle it with a style ;-) My overall experience at this shop was amazing and all of the people I had a chance to interact with couldn't be more friendlier. This is what a car shopping experience should be like and cudos to all of you! Highly recommended and it will be to all of my friends looking for a car.

Awesome salesperson and Awesome Service Department

by from Chicago, IL |

I was searching for a sedan for almost a year. I wanted a Sonata, so I went to a few dealerships. Grossinger Hyundai got my business. You know that "gut" feeling one gets when you know it's right? Well, my salesman, Harlow, was cool, professional, not pushy, informative, nice - it all just worked. Bought my beautiful Sonata in December 2013. Then yesterday when I wanted to get the snow and salt off of my car, the automatic car wash push the bodywork out of whack. Of course, they acted as if they didn't understand my English so I decided to take my Sonata to the dealership today. Wow! Andrew understood my frustration and re-aligned the seams of the body......with NO CHARGE! How cool is that? The entire service department could not have been more nice and as I perused the floor of the dealership I realized that everyone is very helpful and nice. (but Harlow is the best and Andrew is the best in service!!!)

Bad News Bears....!!!

by from Chicago, IL |

Beware of this place. My fiancee' and I set an appointment to go look at a Hyundai Tiburon that they had just listed. Left carmax and arrived there early. I got a bad feeling from the moment I drove up and "made" myself a park in the back of their facility within the congestion of New, Used, Beat Up and Employee cars. We walked in and were greeted. It seemed pretty busy so I began to feel a little better. The lady introduced us to a young guy whom was supposed to accompany us on the test drive. After finding the car, my fiancee' and I are looking the car over and what do we see? On the passenger side there is a HUGE puddle of water in the front floor. On top of that the tires seemed a little worn. The manager comes out and then notifies the owner who then comes out and tries to say he drove the car for a month and that had never happened. Keep in mind it had rained that day. He said they will clean it up and fix it for us so we can go on the test drive. As he goes to get into the car, he notices that the top visor over the sunroof had a piece that was hanging off. Now I'm sure it is no question by now whether or not we bought this car. We went on the test drive and the car just did not feel like a V-6 is supposed to feel. Not sure if it was the car or the issues it potentially may have had. We drove it back and let's just say that the manager didn't even remotely try to sell us anything that day. Overall, based off the ho-hum experience we had that day, I don't think I would be recommending this place anytime soon.

Great Customer Service, Thanks John Mcauliffe!

by from Chicago, IL |

I had a flat tire and took my Elantra to Firestone only to find out it could not be repaired. I found out shortly after that I had 24-7 Roadside Assistance through Hyundai. I was shocked and excited to learn that this dealership had service hours on Sunday. Before I got my car towed in, I called and spoke to John to make sure they had my tire in stock which they did. I rode to the dealership with the tow truck and worked with John. In addition to getting my tire on my car in under an hour and washing it, he also processed my MPG reimbursement. John was a pleasure to work with I would recommend him and this dealership to anyone needing service on their New or Used Hyundai. Thanks again, you made my inconvenient situation much more convenient!

What a nice guy!

by from Chicago, IL |

First of all, I was very hesitant to come here due to the poor reviews on another site. I did not purchase my car from this dealer, so I was going in blind. My USB port was not reading my iPod on my newly purchased used 2011 Hyundai Elantra. I also notice a huge scratch down the side of my car from what I'm guessing is from a wicked storm that came through just days prior. Huge Bummer! Little did I know that Hyundai has a dual Aux/USB cable that needs to be used, so that problem was not really a problem. I did, however, get pushed by the parts guy behind the shop desk to buy the $35 cable because "I won't find a better deal or one that actually works anywhere else." I told him I would like to just check out Amazon first and I could be back for it. He said, how about $5 off? I was like, um no thank you. He was a tad pushy, but the service tech was not. He was such a nice guy! On to the scratch...they provide the filler pens for you that you can apply yourself from around $17.00-$30.00. Mine was more expensive because it had both base and top coat. I'm super excited to get the huge scratch taken care of and it was such an easy process! I think I would definitely come back since it's so close to the city. (Chicago)

Black Friday shopping

by from Chicago, IL |

It was a first time experience, car shopping 5:00 a.m. in the morning, but it was worth it! New Elantra in my driveway by 7:15 a.m.! There were some glitches in financial department which wasn't ready at such early time of the day:), but overall experience was positive.