Jim Barkley Toyota

777 Brevard Rd, Asheville, NC 28806

New 888-834-3380
Used 877-247-2044
Service 866-471-7276

No Haggle, Upfront Pricing!

Exceptional buying experience

by from Pine Island Florida |

I live in SW Florida. What started my journey at first was the posted price, but after 4 weeks of e-mails with 7 different Toyota dealers i quickly learned getting a bottom line out the door price on an e-mail was difficult to say the least. Then i emailed Aaron Sumner from Jim Barkley. Right from the beginning his his answers were direct and to the point, with a price i could expect to pay. After several emails i felt good about the trip to pick up my new 2012 Toyota Highlander. When we arrived at the dealership i realized how well this dealership was run. The customer service waiting area, you could spend half a day in if you had to. Little things like the coffee AND snacks were free. My new detailed car came with a full tank of gas not 6 gals. The young women i dealt with you could tell enjoyed there job. From running my own business for over 20yrs i realize that things start at the top. My emails and the tone of them with Aaron Sumner is why we drove over 700 miles to pick up my new Toyota. While prices can change daily sometimes, courtesy and demeaner IMO do not.

Pathetic service. Left oil cap off vehicle

by from Brevard |

My elderly mother took her car that she bought new from JBT in for the scheduled service, which they covered regular servicing as part of her contract when she bought the car. It had almost 10K miles on it. Their are alot of oil change places between where she lives and Asheville and I could do it myself even but she was just doing what she had paid for them to do at the time she bought the car and wanting to do what she was suppose to to keep her warranty up per them. They were extremely busy, from the sounds of it (too busy), and when her service was complete she drove it to her home which is over 50 miles away making a few stops etc... She did not drive the car once she returned home that day until almost a week later because she went out of town on a trip. Six days after the service when she finally did go to drive her car she noticed a huge, and not exaggerating huge, oil stain under the car when she moved it. I was at work so my sister and nephew sent me pictures and I looked at it later but when they opened the hood the oil cap was missing and everything was covered in oil. It was not registering on the dipstick. It was after hours but I called and left a message and the next morning I was contacted and the car was towed to JBT. Within a couple of hours they called and said it was good to go and she was 1.5 quarts low of oil when they checked it and they changed the oil again and cleaned it up. No real apologies etc... I had to ask them to call my mother and explain what had happened and offer an apology. Looks like they need to slow down a little and check things better for quality instead of trying to push through as much quantity as possible or just hire people that know to put the oil cap back on after an oil change.

August 7, 2015

We sincerely apologize for the incident with your mothers recent service visit. We truly appreciate her willingness to bring her vehicle to our Service Center, even though it is out of her way and feel terrible about what happened. We do have steps in place to keep this from happening, but that requires everyone to do their job, and in this case two different people failed at that task. We have addressed this situation with both employees so that hopefully we can prevent this from happening again in the future. We did make an attempt to right the situation and understand the frustration it must have caused you and your mother. Please let our Express Service Manager, Rusty Smith know if there is anything further we can do for you.

Unbelievable

by from johnson city, tn |

I just purchased a 2015 toyota tundra limited from JBT. I have bought many, many vehicles over the years and have never experienced anything like this. Prior to this purchase I contacted over 3 dozen toyota dealers across the country. The no-haggle price was the best I found and the value they gave me on my trade was very very good. Loir, the sales manager I dealt with, was incredible. We conducted almost all the negotiations via email and she was very quick to respond. Like most of us, I always have my guard up when dealing with car dealers. No need with these guys. They were all very honest, straightforward, and no games were played. When I arrived to pickup the vehicle I was able to inspect it, fill out all appropriate paperwork, get the vehicle tour, and leave in under 50 minutes. I cannot say anything bad about this dealership or the buying experience. If you are within driving distance of this dealership, make the trip.

June 1, 2015

We are so happy to hear you had a enjoyable experience while purchasing your new Tundra from us! We truly appreciate your business and hope that you thoroughly enjoy your new Tundra. If there is ever anything we can do for you in the future please let us know!

Great service!

by from Candler,nc |

Purchased a 2011 Toyota Tundra and absolutely loved the truck and the customer service.. From start to finish everything went smooth! Will be back!

May 20, 2015

Thank you so much for the 5 Star review! It makes us so happy to hear that you had a great experience while purchasing your new Tundra. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

southern hospitality

by from asheville nc |

i purchased my camry from jim barkley toyota, they make the process so easy, i was there less than 1 hr

May 20, 2015

We are so happy to hear that you had a enjoyable experience when you bought your new vehicle from us and that you would recommend us to a friend! We look forward to seeing you in the future!

2015 toyota tundra 5.7 4x4 sr5

by from rogersville tn. |

i would not recommend this dealer to any one icould go on and on but it is not worth wasting any more of my time on them please do yourself a favor look some place other then jim barkley toyota

May 18, 2015

Daniel we are sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the experience you had shopping for a new vehicle with Jim Barkley Toyota. Although we wish things could have gone differently, we would like to hear more about what occurred so we can make sure that it does not happen again in the future. Our goal is always to take care of our customers and we do our best to learn from the good and bad experiences. Please feel free to reach out to New Car Sales Manager, Aaron Sumner at 828-667-8888 to discuss things further.

Best Buying Experience Ever

by from morristown tn |

Found this place in 2010. Did not believe them when I was told the internet price was really the price of the car. We drove 120 miles to find out. They did not lie. The internet price was the price, and there were no add-ons after moving to the business office. Absolutely the least stressful place I have ever visited to purchase a car. So much so, we visited again in 2013 for a second purchase and again March 2015 to buy a used vehicle. The buying process was the same for both New and Used... All three visits we were in and out in about an hour - including test drive.

April 13, 2015

We appreciate your continued business and hope that if you ever need another vehicle you will come back and see us again!

Couldn't be happier

by from Anderson, MO |

I was in the market for a Prius, but my local dealers (local being up to 1.5 hours away) did not have the color I wanted and were unwilling to negotiate below MSRP. I saw a cars.com commercial late at night and checked it out. I found exactly what I wanted for thousands less. I sent an email for more information and was called the next morning. Less than one hour later, an agreement was in place. I ended up buying a 2015 Prius for around $3,500 less than I could have locally...and that is after airfare and expenses to fly there and drive 800+ miles home. I also got 0% financing where locally it would have been 6.9%. The Sales Manager Aaron Sumner was great! There was absolutely no pressure, he kept me up to date on every detail, overnight shipped paperwork so my wife would not have to travel and even had someone at the airport to pick me up and take me to their location 8 miles away. I spent around 45 minutes at the dealership purchasing the car, but most of that was waiting for the paperwork person to finish a sale for someone else. The car was cleaned, fueled and ready to go. My wife and I were absolutely amazed at how smooth everything went. We were constantly looking for fine print or add-ons, but there were none. We talked about their business model and agreed that we had never seen any other company (in any industry) that had a business model so efficient and focused on the customer experience...then Aaron called making sure I got home safely. Amazing! I highly recommend this dealer and will start here myself with my next car. Also...my local dealer called me after this and stated they did some digging and were able to drop their price $149. I really enjoyed that phone call and telling them how much I saved by going through this dealer!

No Contact - Wonder why they are on Cars.com?

by from Williamston, SC |

Requested information on a vehicle, but never was contact by phone or email. Guess they were not interested or are making too much money and didn't need anymore sales. Would not recommend leaving information to contact as they are not reliable.

Quality abounds at Jim Barkley's Toyota Dealership

by from Asheville, NC |

The young salesmen were helpful and polite without being pushy. They gave me information and respected that I was just looking at this point. I would recommend this dealership to anyone.

Great Experience!

by from asheville,nc |

I recently purchased a vehicle here and would totally recommend them to everyone! Very fair deal!