Public Motors

2114 E First St, Santa Ana, CA 92705

Day after Xmas Car Shopping

by from San Juan Capistrano CA |

Spend entire day looking for the VW Jetta. Saw the listing from Public Motors but due to online reviews we decided to wait til the very last choice. We drove around several dealers in Orange County and could not find anything reasonable price or descent quality for our college student. Finally decided to stop by at Public Motors. Saw 4 vehicles at similar price and perfect and clean. No issues or error Lights, all of the 4 we test drove had safety completed by their service dept. We were able to settle with a black 2003 VW Jetta at the best price we saw possible, thanks to the patient auction representative who diligently worked with us for nearly 2 hours. Place is great A+!!! We highly recommend Public Motors to anyone who's looking for a great deal on a used car. Normal wear & tear but most of all overall mechanical quality and warranty on every car we drove. We are happy for our student to be on the road safe and have a reliable vehicle. Thanks Garrett & the rest of PM staff for making this happen. :) UC 12/26/12

GOOGLE 'OC PUBLIC MOTORS COMPLAINT', or CHECK BBB

by from Los Angeles |

This is a warning to anyone thinking of going to OC Public Auction to purchase a vehicle. There are SEVERAL issues going on at this place that you should be aware of. First off, there is no 'silent auction'. You ARE NOT bidding against anyone else. You are giving a price that the 'bank' will either accept or not accept. The prices that OCPM is asking for any of the 'silent auction' cars can be found online, and it is GUARANTEED the price the 'sales people' tell you will be much higher than the price on their website. Second, the 'three month warranty' DOES NOT cover anything near what a reasonable person expects a warranty to cover. To find out what the warranty covers, do a web search of OC PUBLIC AUCTION, COMPLAINT, or better yet, go to the BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU and take a look at the many people who thought the warranty covered more, only to find out after they bought the car and had to have it towed back to OCPM after it broke down what the warranty actually covered. Or, after getting it serviced there, it was never actually 'serviced', only to have continuing problems with the car. Third, this is high pressure sales like no other place. YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER THE DEAL IS NOT DONE UNTIL YOU SIGN THE CONTRACT, MAKE PAYMENT, AND THEN TAKE POSSESSION OF THE CAR!!! Any three of those do not happen, the deal is not done, contrary to what all of the slimy salespeople will tell you. It's especially important to remember this because if you give them a deposit, you are not obligated to follow through with the deal until all three conditions have been met. I am now still waiting almost 40 days for the return of my deposit to my cc, when it was supposed to be no more than 30. OCPM will not return my call, they will not take my call, and still have my deposit on a car I decided not to go through with after reading the many horror stories of others scammed by this company. If this is the nightmare you want to become involved with, feel free to go there. Also know that most of the 'favorable' reviews are questionable at best. Don't take my word for it though. Do your homework. CHECK THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU. There are thousands of places to buy a car in LA/OC. This isn't a good one to get involved with

December 28, 2013

thank your for giving Public Motors the opportunity and i certainly appreciate your feedback. While we strive to provide the best service overall at times we may fail to meet all expectations, we are not perfect but again do strive to provide excellence. I would like to speak with you further in regards to the specifics of your experience so that i may address them as we look to earn loyalty and referrals through experience not just a "car sale". Please contact me direct at (714)972-2500 xt. 131 Thank you, Mike Internet Relations Manager

Jesse Fangarian

by from Irvine, CA |

my car buying experience ended at public motors. Im thankfull to the happy and energetic staff, especially the management. I went to 3 differnt Carmax stores prior to visiting Public Motors. i found the honda accord i was shopping for and got the deal i count not refuse. The service department deserves a 6th star. They are really amazing. car needed minor tlc and was fully repaired prior to me taking posession. Aldo was the auction rep that I dealt with. He deserves a bonus ! please ask for him when you go in. Robert in service is a very nice person to deal with. I am very pleased with my A-Z experience. i will come back again. j.f.

Nikole J. Schmit

by from Newport beach CA |

Got my Jetta today from Public Motors and very excited. I was shopping for 6 days, and regret not going here right away. They had 8 jettas to choose from. I bought the Black Turbo model, while it was still being inspected by their service facility. found this very pleasant experience and easy transaction. Im thankful for the Happy and non-pressure auction staff. i was even offered free warranty on my vehicle and future service options. They're service manager "robert" is super friendly and easy to understand. Im glad i trusted this source and will gladly come back in the future.

Buying a Used VOLVO

by from Santa Monica CA |

after reading all the reviews we took a rainy road trip this morning to public motors. wonderful experience. i strongly disagree with many reviews. for a used car facility / auction, this place deserves 10 stars. Clean location, even in a rainy day. Staff was super pumped up and we got the deal we were looking for. I actually got a better experience then expected. Car was flawless and drives perfect for the age. We were granted a 'rain check' for a free detail service after the weather. Im excited to deal with them. Will spread the "good word" to everyone. A+ service !

waste of time

by from Aliso Viejo Ca |

my husband and I made an appointment to look at two specific cars we were told was on the lot. when we arrived the 1 was sold the other was not there. we made a special trip for nothing. before we left another car came on the lot, the kind we were looking for, we were told it was not ready the salesman would call the next day. no call was received, the following week we called to see if the car was there again 2 cars were there, so we drove up again. big surprise neither was there. the people were rude nobody cared that we made 2 trips from Aliso Viejo to Santa Ana.

good place - great deals - very happy

by from dana point, CA |

waited around for black friday sale event and went car-shopping for my daughter since early am. went all over car lots but wanted to check out public motors. These guys deserve a review ! Very happy positive environment and easy to deal with. felt absolutely no pressure from their auction rep. Bought my daughter the VW she wanted and the best price. Car looked original and clean, runs perfect so far, These guys even gave us a warranty on it and free service coupon. im so glad i came there. it was worth the drive and time. my teenager is very happy now :)

Great car

by from irvine, ca |

Just found the car i was shopping for. I spent last three weeks looking for this Lexus RX330 SUV. Found it at PM. Great Price, perfect condition - considering miles and age. Their operation is very easy to work with. Garrett was helping us in the purchase process. Vehicle needed minor service which they took care of and gave us additional Warranty . We are very pleased with service and will always come back. Thanks Public Motors.

DONT GO TO THIS PLACE, TRUST ME ON THIS ONE!!

by from irvine |

went there to check a car, and before I even sat in it, the pushy sales man was already trying to run my credit, I told him to back off i needed to look at the car first, i tried to start the car with the key and it would only make a clicking noise and not start, obviously a dead battery, so I told the sales man, then he proceeded to lie on and on, about a security feature bla bla bla, not even he could start it, these people have no basic knowledge about cars, and worst of all, they think all their customers are ignorants i honestly dont know how that place stays in business, I would never buy a car from this place, they are selling junk, don't even prepare the cars with a new battery, much less change the fluids! do yourself a favor and save disappointment, you will lose faith in humanity after talking to these people.

December 28, 2013

Worst car buying experience possible. BEWARE

by from los geles |

I am not the type to write reviews, but this place is so shady that I feel obligated to warn people as my citizen's duty. First off, the guy showing me the cars could NOT have been less enthusiastic. He barely said a word as he followed me slowly around the lot, pointing at the car stickers when I asked questions instead of answering me in English. When we went on a test drive he didn't say a word, it was very strange and uncomfortable. I decided I liked the car so I would place a "bid" on the car (there are no actual prices on any of the vehicles). I placed a bid, they went to talk to the "bank" (yeah right) and came back with a much higher number and a RIDICULOUSLY high APR (I was looking for financing.) My credit score is in the 800's and these people were trying to get me to take out a loan at 7% APR. I have already been offered rates as low as 2.99% from other places. It was a joke! So I get up to leave, and the "chief financial advisor", this skeezy aggressive guy comes over and he won't let me leave. After a lot of hemming andy hawwing he finally dropped the rate down to 4% APR but for some reason the total cost was literally THOUSANDS more than it should have been. A car that I was going to pay 12500 for was going to cost me 17,250 when all was said and done. (I had a calculator with me) The guy couldn't explain why it was going to cost so much and just tried to throw around big words to confuse me. I got very uncomfortable and wanted to leave and he kept being confrontational and was like "Just admit it, you were never here to buy a car in the first place, were you?!?" I went to leave and realized the first guy was still holding onto my license from the test drive!!!! This place is HORRIBLE, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. DO NOT GO THERE.