Midlands Honda

124 Killian Commons Pkwy, Columbia, SC 29203

New 888-252-3103
Used 866-630-8725
Service 866-616-6306

"Your Friendly Neighborhood Honda dealer of Columbia"

Beware of service changes in this dealership

by from Never again |

I have had mt car serviced for many years by this dealership. They had established my trust. All ths ended last week. I had an appointment on a Friday afternoon. The service person was named Trent. My problem was a simple air conditioning recharge. I wa given a $185 estimate. I went to pick up my car on Saturday and no one had even looked at it. By Monday Trent called with a $450 estimate and no explanation. When I called back a competent woman named Rachel explained the needed repair and explained that I would not be double charged. On Tuesday morning Trent called nd said I could pick up my car for $650. When I protested the obvious double charges, the service manager reduced the charges to the original estimate of $450. I requested a call from Carl, the service manager, but he apparently could not take the time to contact me. My advice...avoid this dealership. What was once honest work has become lies and deceit.

No coolant and low oil

by from Columbia |

Generally, we have been really happy our Hondas. We own three and mostly they've been great. Recently, my son's car and our oldest Accord (228,000+ miles) was taken in to investigate some extra noises that shouldn't be there. They replaced the battery, sparks and cleaned the rear brake drums. They also recommended replacement of the water pump, alternator and starter. For a car of this age, that seemed reasonable but I went to a different mechanic to have the work done four days later. He looked under the hood and noticed that there was no coolant in the system and the car was three quarts low on oil. How could their mechanics not have checked these things? How could they release a car back to the owner without noticing that there was no coolant in the engine and no oil on the dipstick?

bad service experience

by from Columbia, SC |

I was turned down two times asking to perform the very basic oil change. Both times I came early morning ? 8AM. The routine oil change should be performed on first come first serve basis without any appointments. Hire more technicians if you unable to serve cars you are selling. Designate some technicians who will only do oil changes or tire rotations. This is simply ridiculous.

Buyer Beware!

by from Augusta, GA |

We used USAA Auto Circle to purchase a 2007 Honda Accord from this dealership. First, I would like to say, the salesman, Carl, was nice. Not pushy. Not the usual "over-eager puppy" most used car salesmen are. After the test drive, we went into the dealership and were approached by a "sales manager" to talk about purchasing the car. We told him what we were willing to spend, he then had to "go talk to him" - don't know who "him" is, never did find out. The car had REALLY bad tires on it and we said we would come up on what we would spend if they put new tires on it - the sales manager said they could put "used" tires on it for us. Um, what? Why would you put used tires on a car??? We finally agreed to a price and then sat for an hour while they "worked out the paperwork". This was supposed to be an "express check-out" - we were paying cash! They asked us several time for our insurance card, even after I told them (several times) it had already been faxed to them by our insurance company. After the first hour, we were then led to the finance office to do the paperwork - this was another hour long process, during which we were asked to sign a blank power of attorney that would be filled in later. We were told this was usual practice. Um, what? (no, we didn't sign it. We had them bring the person who fills this in come into the office and fill it out prior to signing it.). The finance person gave a couple of indications he wasn't listening to us - he too asked several times for our proof of insurance (had USAA email it to him too) and repeatedly said the car would be registered in GA (our current state) even after we said multiple times we would most likely register it in TX (our home state). The final blow came when we got home a discovered we were given the valet key only - a call to the dealership revealed that is all they had (would have been nice to have been told that up front). So, now we have to come out of pocket >$200 for new keys on top of the >$600 we spent on new tires. I get that dealerships have to make money. I don't get some of the blatant lack of customer service and dishonestly by omission.

Annoyed Customer

by from Columbia, SC |

I took my car for some diagnostic work and it was the worst experience I have ever had at any service department. They kept my car for two days and couldn't tell me exactly why my car was shaking and driving rough. They said it was one thing and it should fix the issue. I paid for the repair and it still didn't fix anything. It actually made it worse. Then they said it was something else. I got fed up and asked for my car back. Then I checked under the hood later on and saw that the mechanic left a part off my car and then he broke something. They put the part back on my car, but told me that my part was already broken. Which is a lie. They said they will try to find a replacement, but the part is discontinued. I will never give back to this dealership. I finally got my car fixed by going to Auto Zone and there was a mechanic there who told me exactly what was wrong with my car. The part was only $40 and took less than 10 minutes to fix.

Beware of Midlands Honda

by from Columbia, SC |

Beware of Midlands Honda. If you are looking to purchase a Honda please do not consider Midlands Honda. I purchased a car from Midlands Honda three weeks ago and it has been a nightmare. I am now having to proceed with legal help to get what they promised and to recoup what they charged me over the advertised price.

Bait and Switch Dealer

by from Columbia SC |

My husband and I called about a used car yesterday that we saw on cars.com. We drove all the way out to the dealership to have a look and were told the vehicle had "just been sold". Hmm, wonder why it is still showing for sale here on the web.

Outstanding responsiveness and professionalism

by from Aiken, SC |

I was looking to lease two '13 Honda Fit Sports and started process online. Chris Shuler (internet sales manager) and Travis (sales manager) both offered outstanding service, responsiveness and pricing. I live elsewhere and ended up paying a higher price to lease locally rather than Midlands, only because I couldn't work out logistics on my end. I highly recommend Midlands to anyone looking for a new Honda...

New Car that they put holes in the bumper

by from Lexington, SC |

Andre Lewis, our salesman at Midlands Honda was courteous, professional and extremely helpful! He was a pleasure to work with. I purchased a 2014 Honda Accord EX-L. They had a very good price on the car, and had the car ready for me that night to drive home. We also appreciated the fact that Midlands has a very nice area for the kids to play or watch movies which help occupied the grandsons while we looked at and bought the car. Update: Watch out - this dealer puts vanity plates on and puts three damaging holes in the front bumper without asking if you want it or not. If you take the plate off you have three ugly holes in a brand new car!! I don't think it should be up to me to pay to have this repaired. And when you call the dealership to talk about the problem they don't return your calls. Once you're out the sales door that's the end of you. I would have given this dealer 5 stars the first day I bought the car but now will not.

bad service experience

by from columbia,sc |

scheduled for a major 60,000 miles service, they kept the vehicle for a whole day,charged 400 $, and forgot to do a oil change, we found this out on our trip to Washington d.c. when the maintenance minder turned on.we had to stop over and get the oil change done at a service outlet, where we were told that the engine oil was running low and no recent oil change was done. when we confront the service team one of the service guy wouldn't even let us talk to the service manager and was non-chalant about it , saying that they forgot to reset the gauge, i just wonder what else was forgotten.

Midlands Honda responded to this review

November 30, 2013

We apologies for your experience. Our service department has the highest trained technitions, along with several American Honda Master Mechanics. Customer service is very important to us. We take you comments seriously, and would recommend you contact out Service Manager directly his name is Pat Brooks. His direct line is 803-691-8547.