Midlands Honda

124 Killian Commons Pkwy, Columbia, SC 29203

New 888-252-3103
Used 866-630-8725
Service 866-616-6306

"Your Friendly Neighborhood Honda dealer of Columbia"

Disappointed

by from Columbia |

Just bought a used Ridgeline from Midlands and it turns out i paid $2,000 over the retail book value. Simply put, it's my fault. I believed the sales person and the manager and took them at face value concerning the value of the vehicle. I should have checked the book value ( which you can get on your phone these days ). The thing that I struggle with is that I realized my mistake before paying and chose to be a man of my word rather than continuing negotiations. Can you not make enough of a profit charging full retail for a vehicle that you let honest but ignorant people pay as much as $2,000 more? Seriously disappointed in myself. In the future I want to buy a car from a dealership ( and individuals ) that do not take advantage of ones ignorance or honesty. A fair profit and nothing more.

Great Experience

by from Charlotte, NC |

Buying a car is one of my least favorite things to do but Midlands Honda did a great job easing me through the process. David Outen was awesome! I did not feel the usual pressure associated with buying a car. They were diligent at giving me the best experience and i even think i got a good deal.

Review of our purchase experience

by from Columbia, SC |

We were very favorably impressed by the personnel and inventory displayed, as well as the facilities - so many wonderful amenities! Thanks to the sales manager, Steve, and salesman, Dwayne, for their excellent service and willingness to work with us to achieve our final goal, the purchase of a beautiful Obsidian Blue Accord EX! We are looking forward to many years of happy driving in this wonderful vehicle.

Never again

by from SC |

Wife went in to purchase a used Honda. Good salesman, good Finance Manager. However, take her advice and do NOT shop there if you are a woman by yourself. Very high pressure. Also, we have elected to cancel the extended warranty she originally purchased, as we believe now she was lied to. According to the document, the warranty expires when the odometer reaches 100k. However, when I called and spoke to Wes for a clarification, he told me that the warranty was good for 100,000 miles from the mileage at the time that my wife purchased the car, or about 138000, and that the actual figure was, quoting now, "in the background on the computer". What does that mean??? At any rate, my wife called the warranty company, verified the correct mileage, and we cancelled the contract. Thanks to Wes, Midlands Honda has lost any chance of making up to four additional sales over the next year or 18 months....myself, and three of our kids. We will never set foot in that facility again. Ladies, be forewarned.

Midlands Honda responded to this review

October 23, 2012

Hello, I am disappointed that you and your wife did not have a positive experience after your recent purchase. At your earliest convenience, please contact me at 803-691-8500 as I would like to discuss this matter further and hopefully make amends. Thank you. Sincerely, Greg Nalewaja General Manager of Midlands Honda

Excellent and Prompt Service

by from Columbia, SC |

Brought my vehicle, Honda Civic Hybrid 2010, in yesterday for routine check-up and maintenance check. I was able to schedule one quickly, and it only took an hour for everything. Car is running very quiet and smoothly.

Always Great Service

by from Columbia, SC |

I've been having my vehicle service here for almost two years. Always a great experience. Thanks Midlands for a great waiting area!!

Service Visit

by from Columbia, SC |

Service Advisor Johannes Algra provided excellent assistance during my visit. He helped me determine the required service for my Acura, which consisted of changing the transmission fluid and rear differential service. The work was completed in the 1.5 hour time estimate he provided and at a reasonable cost of less than $150. I also found that my car mats had been cleaned while the car was in the shop.

Car Servicing

by from Columbia, SC |

Brought my vehicle in for 30,000 mile service. Was told it would take 2 hours, and it did - yeah! My service rep was very professional, checked into all my concerns about the vehicle, and was able to re-assure me that my vehicle was in excellent condition and ready for a road trip. Other plus' for using the service center are you can make an online appointment for service/repair, they have a nice wait area with internet access, and a place to do work, or relax, and have found the service reps to be professional and friendly.

Great, fast service

by from Columbia, SC |

Just went in for first oil change. Quick and "no cost" thanks to the PSC Autoshield's Oil Change Program which provides free engine oil and filter changes, tire rotations and multi-point inspections for your vehicle. Received experienced, candid advice, too. Thanks for the service.

Will Never Purchase from Midlands Honda

by from Columbia, SC |

We met with three of the outside salesmen over a couple of weeks of searching for a nice used car. Each were very personable and easy going as they showed us various cars. When we decided to seriously discuss the price of a used Civic, we were introduced to an inside sales manager who was very arrogent and had no personality. I kept asking for his best Out the Door price but he continued to defend his original price. I had to continue insisting on a final price which in frustration he quoted the original asking price plus tax tag and their excessive "processing fee" on his 2009 Civic with 66K miles and a bad clear coat problem on the roof. For less than $3000 I purchased a new 2012 comparable car recommended by Consumer Reports magazine, which recommends the Civic as one of 5 cars to avoid. I will soon be looking to replace another car, but I will never purchase from Midlands Honda. They must think all their customers are either uneducated or stupid.