Dave Edwards Toyota

New 888-813-3182
Used 888-902-2361
Service 866-697-2989

Welcome to the Family!

Great experience - just like the other three times

by from Simpsonville, SC |

One of those times when everything goes so well it's almost fun. The quoted price was exactly as we asked and not any pressure to change a thing. If we need another car, this will be our first choice. Everyone we spoke to was excellent at their position.

Didn't handle the issue....

by from Spartanburg, South Carolina |

The initial experience was ok, and Roberto did a great job, but the accessories department fell through and ruined the experience. Was shown a picture of black leather seats, and decided to purchase them, (twice what the cost would be anywhere else). I had to go up to the dealership to ask about when they would be put in. Nobody ever called, and when I arrived I was told it was because someone was on vacation. I took my truck in, and had to leave a credit card number to use a loaner vehicle while mine was having the seats put in. When I arrived to pick up my vehicle I noticed the color was a gray not black like I had selected. I went back in to talk to the gentleman who had originally sold them to me and he apologized and told me from now on he would make sure and let customers know it won't be exactly what's on the screen. This was of no help to me, and now I am out $1300 and not happy with the product I received. Was also told by the accessories guy that my truck would be filled up and to make sure and bring it in empty. I drove my expensive mistake off the lot still on empty being told another lie. The service department also left several tools in my vehicle. Not a good experience at all. You can get a better deal with less pressure and much better service over in Greenville. Don't waste your time at Dave Edwards.

Bought 3 vehicles here.

by from Spartanburg, SC |

I checked prices in three states and went to 2 other dealers. Each time Dave Edwards had the best price.

Very Poor Service!

by from Spartanburg, SC |

First of all facilities are excellent, but who cares how clean a place is. Just the other day I went in for repairs on my car. While waiting forever, an older couple came in and was sat day. They were older and slow to move, but very nice. A Dave Edwards lady came out and told the older lady that they couldn't start the car. The older lady grabbed her purse and went to stand to go out to see why and the Dave Edwards lady rudely stated, "Ma'am there is no need, we all tried it doesn't work and we are getting a traffic jam". The lady was explaining that this key always works. She was being so rude and I felt so bad for the older lady. The older lady continued to walk out the door and I AM NOT LYING when I say, the Lady from Dave Edwards was behind her, almost pushing her saying, you have to hurry we have a traffic jam, lines are getting long, go go go go, and rolling her eyes. It was completely embarrassing to watch. I then had to go back yesterday and sure enough, there was the rude technician. Bet nothing happened with this. I would drive to Easley to get repairs before going back to them! ridiculous!

No follow up

by from Jackson, MO |

Contacted dealer through Cars.com with specific questions about a vehicle they had listed. Got the "canned" response e-mail so I called and asked my questions again and was told someone would call back with answers. Never happened. If you do not want to deal with internet buyers then do not advertise in that forum. Would not do business with you in future.

Very deceptive

by from Anderson, SC |

Initially dealt with dealership in search of a new 2015 Camry, but couldn't get a payment that fit my budget due to my current credit situation and overall value of my trade. About a month later, I received a phone call from Kim Calder asking me if I was still looking for a car. I was told that current offers could mean that they might be able to make a deal that would work with my budget. After a few phone calls over the course of three days, Kim said that they would indeed be able to make me a deal. I repeatedly asked her if she was sure that the monthly payment would not exceed my budget, and was told they "would do whatever it takes to earn my business". Upon arriving at the dealership, after driving to Spartanburg all the way from Anderson, and selecting a car in the color I wanted, I was told that the best monthly payment they could offer was $160 above my budget. What made everything worse, is that Kim Calder wasn't there even though she was supposedly scheduled to be there; I guess she didn't want to find herself face to face with the person that she lied to.

Dave Edwards Toyota responded to this review

March 13, 2015

We are sorry about your disappointment in being able to obtain the kind of financing that would have been within your budget. There are many reasons why the situation had changed by the time you drove to Spartanburg, nevertheless we understand your disappointment in not being able to buy the vehicle within your monthly budget. We were disappointed as well in not being able to sell you the vehicle. Just by the way: the sales associate with whom you dealt is no longer with us.

quick and easy

by from Greer sc |

It was quick and easy. Saw the car on the internet. When in and bought. They gave me good deals on price and warranty.

Very satisfied customer!!

by from Columbus, NC |

I just bought a brand new 2014 Toyota Camry. I love the car & the dealership was awesome. It is a very nice facility. Heather (Internet sales), Robert (sales) & Vince (finance manager) were all awesome & great to work with! We have some credit issues from where we got behind when I lost my job years ago & no one would give us a loan to help build it back even though my husband makes really well now. Dave Edwards worked hard to find a lender that would work with us & Vince really put time into getting us the deal. I am very impressed with Dave Edwards Toyota & the people who work there. Everyone was really nice & we will definitely use them again for our next purchase of a truck for my husband. Do yourself a favor and go to Dave Edwards Toyota when you ar e looking for your next vehicle!!

Service isn't good

by from Lyman, SC |

Bought a Toyota and it was reasonably low maintenance, then there where a number of recalls in which I took the car back to Dave Edwards and they claim to have found the water pump going bad but under pro rated warranty it only cost me $30.00. a year later the water pump was failing so I took it them and they have no record of ever replacing it, though they show they replaced a window switch? So at that point I was not willing to risk driving the car any further and causing any further damage so I had them repair it. They charged me $450. to change out a $71.00 water pump. If you have bought a vehicle from them check your paperwork for accuracy. These folks are pathetic and Toyota doesn't make cars like they used to.

Dave Edwards Toyota responded to this review

June 19, 2014

Thank you for posting your review. We are sorry to have disappointed you; usually we exceed customer expectations. Our understanding is that, our service manager has not received a reply to the message he sent you privately. We do want you to know we take customer satisfaction very seriously, and we would be extremely grateful, if you would give us a chance to earn your business.

Great experience!!

by from Greenville,SC |

Very helpful!! I would recommend this dealership--Christine took the time to talk with me and explain the car features. Great experience test driving a RAV 4.

Perfect experience

by from Aiken, SC |

We were searching for a new 2014 Highlander (March 2014) and inventory was very limited. My two local dealers advertised prices were $2k above the advertised price offered by Dave Edwards. We decided to drive the 100 miles to purchase. The Highlander was ready when we arrived, paperwork was ready to go. No surprises. Jennifer Kelly (sales) was great, John closer was also great. We even met Mr. Edwards and he was very nice and thanked us for our business. The dealership is really cool. There are over 300 photos from all over the world taken by Mr. Edwards (mission trips :-)). We would drive the 100 again when we are ready for another vehicle. They are a volume dealer, so they move units by offering a great price.