KIA of Des Moines

4475 Merle Hay Rd, Des Moines, IA 50310

New 877-765-8747
Used 877-765-2546
Service 866-649-1118

We strive to put each and every of our customers in their perfect vehicle, at our unbeatable volume prices.

Had Fun!

by from Des Moines |

I have never had fun buying a car...Until now. My salesperson was soooo nice. She treated me like a friend instead of just a customer. She also introduced her manager who actually gave me a suggestion which allowed me to take my new car home right away! Good job Des Moines Imports! Thanks for everything!

April 30, 2013

Thanks for the positive response. We love to keep our customers happy, we truly want to sell you all of your vehicles not just one.

Really listened to me!

by from Urbandale, IA |

When I walked in, I specified how I like my car buying process to go. Chris worked with me, following my "demanding" style. He realized I was the one buying the car and only engaged in side talk with my husband! That really impressed me. The whole process took less than 2 hours, including test driving 2 vehicles. I think I signed the paper work in under 15 minutes. I would and will recommend Kia and Chris to anyone I know buying a vehicle.

Worst Experience Ever!

by from Des Moines, IA |

Go to Omaha if you want a KIA. If you go to this dealership. Make sure that you are well educated on laws and regulations in the credit and origination of loans. Ensure that you know where or what entity you will need to file a complaint. I would even record your conversation or call a friend so that they are witness to the conversation taking place. BBB, CFPB, Congressional Office, Attorney General, you pick. Make sure your complaint has substance. Good luck but if you can don't go to this dealer.

December 10, 2012

I'm not sure what your complaint is, but it is our goal to have happy satisfied customers. We have an excellent rating with the Better Business Bureau and a good relationship with the Iowa Attorney General. If you like,contact me at 515-270-0706 and I will address your concerns. My name is Geoff.

that was a good move

by from Johnston |

Well, at least it's a step in the right direction since Matt isn't there any more. I might? try them again in the future. But if Matt were still there not a chance.

December 7, 2012

We hope you will try us again. It is our goal to treat everyone with professionalism and courtesy while assisting them with their automotive needs.

Long Wait

by from IA |

Took vehicle in for recall. Dropped off night before. Next morning they called and said recall done, vehicle ready to be picked up. Told them I'd be there 30 minutes before close to pick up. Went there to pick up vehicle and had to wait 30 minutes for service to bring vehicle to me. Went in twice to ask what was taking so long and they acted like they did not care about my wait or me as a customer.

Must agree

by from Johnston |

With "Seriously Guys?". I experienced the same treatment. They tell you one thing but do the opposite. You tell them something and they don't listen. If you want a Kia, go to Omaha. They treat you much better and trustworthy.

October 26, 2012

Keeping you local is very important to us. I am happy to personally work with anyone regarding the price and terms for a potential purchase. - Matt Sokolowski 515-270-0706.

Very nice staff.

by from West Des Moines, IA |

My boyfriend and I went to Des Moines Imports Kia last week and bought an Optima. Usually my boyfriend isn't very nice at car dealerships and has actually been asked to leave a few. Our salesperson was very very nice and patient - so was his manager. My boyfriend was rude to the manager but he was totally calm and professional(Mark or Matt) and said he'd get us all the information we needed and let us make our own decision. Well it was a good decision to buy the Optima! It's a GREAT car. In the end, we were all laughing and had fun with everyone at Des Moines Imports. AWESOME place to buy a car!!!

September 9, 2012

Thanks for the kind words! We love to hear when people have fun and are enjoying their vehicles. Your business is appreciated!

No problems-Treated well

by from West Des Moines, Ia |

I bought a new 2012 Kia Optima LX back in Mar. 2012 from this dealership and did not have any problems with the buying experience. Tina the salesperson was friendly, eager to help, and had great product knowledge in explaining the vehicles. Negotiation of selling price was straightforward with no tricks or deception. Don't understand the other reviews here, but my experience was great. I have had my car in the service dept twice for an oil change and key coding. Was treated professionally with service advisor explaining everything. Love my Optima and buy here again.

September 4, 2012

Thank you for the great review. We are happy that your experience was a good one. Congratulations on your Optima! It's a great car and will serve you well!

Disappointing to Say the Least

by from Ankeny |

My wife and I went in one Saturday to test drive a new Kia. We were just getting into the buying process and wanting to test out the waters, which we told our salesperson. After the test drive he kept asking at what price it would take to for us to drive this car home today. I told him multiple times we're not buying today but he kept wanting to discuss price so we did just so I would have a reference to compare it to other cars. I was concerned that the price he was quoting me included a Xylan coating which I didn't want and he told me it didn't. We're getting ready to leave and he says that we should put a deposit on the car because they only have one that kind of fits what we're looking for. He said it was totally refundable, no big deal and doesn't mean we've agreed to anything. Well if it's refundable and not a big deal to them, why not? So we did. Then we were leaving and I looked at the price in the window of the car and it was $600 less than what we just negotiated it down to. I went back inside and found the guy and told him, you included Xylan, I don't want that. He said he'd get that taken care of. We came back a few days later wanting to actually discuss price seriously and buy the car. When we got there the people at the dealership acted like it had already been sold. They wanted me to sign over the title on my trade-in and everything. I said, whoa we haven't even agreed on a price yet. I said I want to see the price without the Xylan coating and again was told by the salesperson, wel get that taken care of. I said no, we need to go sit down and discuss this again. After wee sitting down at his desk he finally tells me, the Xylan comes already on the vehicle and there is nothing he can do about that. At this point I realize Ie been lied to by these people and I just want to leave because I not going to buy a car from someone who is trying to deceive me. I tell him that I don think wel be able to do a deal today because the price with the Xylan is higher than I want to pay. Then he starts lecturing my wife and I about why are we even looking at this car if we can afford it. I tell him the car would be affordable if you include the Kia discount for recent college graduates. He already knew I was a recent college grad and never once mentioned the discount. I had to bring it up myself. So now he goes and gets the new price with the discount and is trying to get the deal done. I said no way at this point am I buying this car. So he goes and gets his manager, Matt. This is where the story goes from bad to worse. Matt comes over and starts off by explaining how they gave me much more for my trade than it worth, but theye going to still honor that, like they are doing me a favor. They made the offer on my trade without ever seeing it on the day my wife and I were test driving the new vehicle. I didn rush them to make an offer that day or even say t in great shapewhen it wasn. They did that all on their own. Then I tell him at this point it not about money, it about trust. I not going to buy a vehicle from someone who is dishonest. He keeps trying to bully me into the sale and I refuse. Finally in a last ditch effort to get the deal done he tries to scare me into the deal by coming back to trade again. He says hat happens if the transmission goes out tomorrow and now that car is worthless? I giving you more than it is worth. Plus we have the right vehicle at the right price. It really hard to find the right car. Now trying to scare me that Il never find another car I like. Finally he gives up, refunds my deposit and my wife and I leave, her in tears over how we were treated.

September 4, 2012

We are very sorry to hear of your experience. It is always our goal to make purchasing a car easy and even fun. Your feedback is appreciated and will serve to help us improve.

New car

by from Clive, IA |

Fist time we went in, we had just begun the process of car shopping. They wanted to talk us into an " awesome deal" but we left without it. After doing our research we went back, wanting to buy and actually spend way more than we first anticipated. We got brushed off with: you can't afford this car. Oh well..we left and spent our money at Toyota instead.

August 13, 2012

I am very sorry to hear of your experience. I wish we could have provided you with the deal you were seeking. Please contact me directly if you need anything in the future or if you would like to share more about your experience - Matt Sokolowski 515-270-0706. Thank you.

NEW CAR ADD-ONS

by from Waukee |

Why when I go to the dealer(DSM IMPORTS)I have bought several cars,and I am ready,to buy a new car but they add over 1000.00 dollars in garbage to the new car price,are we all sheep to pay this offensive overcharge. Well no thanks DSM Imports,I will shop somewhere else.

June 28, 2012

Thank you for your feedback and thoughts. You are correct that we do add things to our vehicles but we try to add items of value. If you wish to purchase a vehicle without accessories, please call me directly - Matt Sokolowski - at 515-270-0706. We want all of our customers to be happy.