Strong Volkswagen

1070 S Main St, Salt Lake City, UT 84101

New 888-548-4838
Used 888-458-1850
Service 888-620-3822

Strong VW Serving all Salt Lake City Utah and its surrounding areas since 1955!

Happy customer

by from Boulder City, NV |

I recently purchased a 2010 Jetta Sportwagen TDI from Strong VW, and the customer service was great. I live in the Las Vegas area, and worked with Eric and Matt in the internet department by phone and email after finding the vehicle on cars.com. They took a credit card deposit and two days later I flew out to complete the purchase. They were both a pleasure to work with and the buying process was very smooth and easy. Shelly in finance was very nice too, and everyone I came in contact with during my short time at the dealership seemed authentic and friendly. Even though they are 450 miles away I will consider buying from them again in the future. They even picked up the cab fare from the airport.

Great Service

by from Sandy, UT |

I took my 2013 VW CC for service and it was done fast while I waited. Overall it was a nice experience. VLC

Customer Centric Service

by from Park City, UT |

As much as I dislike pouring money into my car, there are times that call for an investment in service and surpassing 200K miles is one of them. Brian Edwards talked me through all the issues my car was facing and prepared me for the cost I would incur at the end. Since the maintenance and repairs would take several days, he set me up in a loaner car. In the end, my car ran like new and the bill actually ended up being a couple hundred less than expected. Now I am ready for another 200K...thanks Brian.

Chip Bryson at Strong VW is great!!!

by from South Jordan, Utah |

Chip Bryson at Strong VW is the best I've ever had. He is the only person I would ever take my cars to because I know he makes sure everything is done correctly the first time. He knows and loves cars. I recommend him to everyone.

Great Service!

by from Midway, Utah |

I recently had my New Beetle serviced at Strong Volkswagen for it's 100,000 miles. As always, Chip Bryson and the service team exceeded my expectations. I am considering purchasing a new vehicle and have looked at other products that are not Volkswagens. I hesitate going anywhere else because I know I won't receive the same service that I receive at Strong Volkswagen because there is only one Chip Bryson. See you in 5,000 miles.

Bad Customer Service

by from Salt Lake City, Utah |

I had a really disappointing service experience here today. Last week I made an appointment and ordered a few parts for my car. When I came in for my appointment, the man at the service desk made me rehash everything I needed done and treated me like an idiot when I tried to describe a part I did not know the technical name of. I let him know that I'd be taking the shuttle and he told me to go wait in the waiting area. He didn't give me any more information on when the shuttle leaves, how long it would take to make the repairs on my car, or anything else. After waiting for 30 minutes, I went back to the desk and asked how often the shuttles came. He said that they came and went as the driver dropped off customers. I asked if there was any way he could check to see how far out it would be and he called the driver. After he got off the phone with the driver, he said "She's a way's out". That did not help me at all. I asked how long it would be and he said that she didn't know. I asked him where she was and he became rude and said that she didn't know, that she couldn't predict traffic, that it's hard to tell. I asked him if he thought it would be more than 15 minutes, and annoyed he said, "If it were only going to be 15 minutes, I would have said that". Again, treating me like an idiot. At that point, I called a ride and left. By the time I got to work, I was 30 minutes late. I expect a lot more respect from people in this industry. If they think it's going to be a while, I'd appreciate them letting me know. When I have questions, I think they should be happy to answer them. My family has purchased several cars from Strong Volkswagen and Audi and this is unacceptable. We'll be reaching out to a manager in the next day or so about this employee.

Strong = VW manglers

by from Salt Lake City, UT |

We purchased a new Jetta SW from this dealership. Upon getting the car home we noticed that the glue from the car wrapper was still on the car and took it back to get it buffed out. When we went back to get the car not only had they not completed the buffing but where they did work they had damaged the car roof. When this was called to their attention they had the audacity to claim it was like that when it came in. Management has been adversarial and insulting. I would not advise using this dealership.

Worst Experience Ever

by from Boring, OR |

They tell so many lies they can't keep their story straight. Bait you in with what looks like a great price. Then they raise it up and delete ad. Or, if that doesn't work they say its only for a lease after you have come to terms. Or, the incentives they offer will disappear. Or, not sell you the car as advertised when they know you have cash. Make sure you print your ad and are ready for the ride of your life to save some money. Trust me when I say you will earn every penny you save by buying here. Oh, and women buyers beware. If you are a woman buyer they will continue to reference your husband, not you. I was willing to drive from Oregon to buy their car. But after so much drama decided against it.

Strong Volkswagen responded to this review

January 9, 2014

We are sorry that that vehicle was sold locally in Salt Lake City before you could make the trip. Pre-owened vehicles difficult to buy, trade, or keep in stock. If you run across a vehicle you like in our area again please contact me directly Frank Carmona and i would be happy to accommodate your needs. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Good warranty and nice people

by from NSL, UT |

I bought my 2012 Jetta from Strong's and have been very happy with the treatment I received both in sales and with the folks in service. They fixed my air conditioning earlier this summer and they were very easy to work with. Thanks and I'll be back!

Totally Worth the Drive!

by from S_Valley, Wyoming |

This was the best car buying experience that have ever had! My husband and I started online looking for a fuel efficient new suv. Living in Wyoming we also needed an all wheel drive. We babe across the 2014 Tiguan TDI, and decided to look into those. After a lot of price shopping we came across Strong VW and they the best prices out there. We contacted dealership and they were very helpful, even had us pre-approved for our financing. They even offered to have the paperwork and vehicle delivered to us in Wyoming, but we wanted to drive before we bought so we took a Saturday and planned on making a day of it. When we arrived they had the vehicle for a test drive and answered my long list of questions and the many options the car had. We Loved it. Since we already approved the paperwork needed reviewed. I had a few questions and the general manager came out and answered them we signed. The delivery of the Tiguan was great the salesman answered all my questions and was very patient with me. What we thought would be an entire day of paperwork and car buying crap turned out to be two of the most informative and entertaining hours I've ever spent shopping. We will make this drive the next time we need a new and we'll recommend Strong VW to all of friends and family.

Long Distance Buying Made Easy

by from Coeur d'Alene, ID |

I bought my new GLI long distance through Strong VW. I had a great buying experience and the team at Strong was attentive and responsive. As a first time car buyer, they were willing to walk me through every step and worked with me on a price that helped make the deal possible. Being that the sale was done long distance, I was very pleased with the time it took to receive responses to my never-ending questions. I love my new car and cannot wait to drive it every day!