Value Kia

6501 Essington Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19153

Used 215-937-1000

Unprofessional and Poor Customer Service

by from Philadelphia |

After a month and several follow up phone calls, I finally received my refund. I typed a long discertation last evening but when I got to the end , I lost my connection. Exceptionally poor customer service on 8-22-14 and very unprofessional. There should be documentation about this since I had to call so many times. Many times Alex or Aidan were supposed to call me back and did not and Anthony took down my information on 10-4 and when I called him on Monday, I was told he resigned. Aidan was supposed to call me one time and when I called they said he was off. Other times Alex couldn't come to the phone because he was in the middle of a deal. Joe was supposed to call me about my paint and I had to call a month later. I will never set foot in there again. The receptionists all act like they are too busy and seem annoyed when you call. Too much talk and very little action. Totally disenchanted with the way I was treated and ignored on 8-22-14 when I was there for an oil change.

Very Unprofessional

by from NEW JERSEY |

When we got there, we browsed the lot for about 1/2 hour before someone said anything to us. when someone did acknowledge us, a sales lady, she was already working with a customer. So we went in and signed in awaiting a salesperson. The same sales lady approached us and said that no one else wanted to work. So i aksed her did she work on comission and she told me no, therefore it made sense why no one was in a rush to help us. Nice lady but didnt know anything about any of the cars and when we finally found a car we liked and asked her the price, she had to go in and ask. she came back out telling us "somewhere between mid twenties and low thirties". keeping in mind that the saleslady told us this paticular car had been sitting for a very long time and no one was ever really intersted in it because of the color. Anyway they didnt really make and effort to make a sale so we just left.

Scammers, buyers BEWARE!

by from Philadelphia Pa |

I saw several cars on the site I wanted to see. None were there in the dealership. They will not give you prices, and they let you test drive the vehicles unless you put your own insurance on the car. If you don't have a current vehicle, meaning you don't have insurance. They will have you purchase it through them, or test driving is not an option. The sales person I had had no personality, and knew absolutely NOTHING about the cars. Everything we asked him, he had to go and asked someone behind the desk. I was there 6hrs the first day! I was back and forth a total of 4 days until the deal was done. If the car wasn't such a good car, mileage etc. I would have walked soon as I got in the place. It was so very crowded with tables of people just sitting. The salesman admitted that they don't take cars down off the site so people will come in and just look for something else when that car isn't there. They also because there were a few scratches on the back of the car said "oh that's fine, we will take care of it" but I had a feeling they were shady so I put it in writing and said if they signed I would sign. The salesman tool it to the booth where the managers sit. It wasn't until then they actually came down to look at the car. He looked at the scratches and tried to then show me a different car! i did eventually get the car. Which I was going to say the heck with it. But I'd spent so much time in the process I just stuck with it.. I could go on all day about my experience. But I will some up with my niece purchased a vehicle from here also. She started the process, had a minor issue on her end to clear up. They told her she could leave a deposit on the vehicle and come back soon as it was resolved. She came back the next week, they had sold her car! Then said they had something that was the same as the other, just a different color. She asked was it the same price, was told yes. Got the paperwork, realized it was a few thousand dollars more. Shady place.

TRANSMISSION FAILED NOT ONCE BUT TWICE!!!!!!!

by from PHILADELPHIA PA |

I purchase a brand new Kia Sorento 2011. The transmission went out not once but twice. The last time the transmission went out was on 6/3/2014 prior to that the transmission went out in 2012. My husband was driving when the the transmission failed. He had the car towed to Value Kia where we purchase the vehicle on 6/3/2014.As of 6/18/2014 my car is still sitting at the dealership not fixed. I have been without my vehicle for the last 3 weeks and they do not offer you a loaner car. The reason for the long wait according to the service department was that the 'transmission were on back order and they should be in on 6/16/14. Well its Wednesday 6/18/14 and the car has not been fixed. Prior to that the service dept said that the parts was suppose to be in on 6/11/14. It is always a different date each time.The service dept never follows up with us to give us a status, we have to call each time. When we do call we always have to follow up with 2 more calls because they are too busy to speak to anyone.Please I am busy as well. i do not have the time to call Value Kia twice or three times a week just to find out information on my car that I am still paying for plus I am inconvenience by not having a car to drive around in. I did call their corporate office to file a complaint and the regional manager at the office is looking into my case. I will never purchase a kia brand not will I ever deal with VALUE KIA again this is ridiculous!

TRANSMISSION FAILED NOT ONCE BUT TWICE!!!!!!!

by from PHILADELPHIA PA |

Awful Experience!!!!!

by from Horsham, PA |

My husband and I went there this morning certain we were going to make a deal, because we saw this one car on their website we really liked the price, mileage and year...anyway, I called in first because I didn't want to drive one hour and a half to get there and the car isn't there, so I called and the receptionist said (this were her exact words " If the car is on our website we have it here." Fine! We went there and the moment we got there we were greeted by a very nice sales man and he started off by saying all this great things about the dealership that they don't price the cars there, what they do is they work with the costumer to find a price of the car THEY WANT that will fit their budget (I thought it was strange but okay), so I told him what we were there for and guess what??? They did not have the freaking car!!!!!! However, they had a similar car, but the price wasn't listed(apparently they only have prices listed for the brand new cars - that's what the sales man said "huh??") Anyway, we looked at this other car and we were kind of interested, I kept asking for the price and it seemed to be a big deal for him to tell me...just so confusing...then he took us inside and we waited for a whole hour!!! just for him to get us the price...(craaazy)...but before even he told us the price he wanted us to sign a terms and condition that we agreed to purchase the car if they offered a good price, but on this agreement i didn't see the IF part, plus it was hand written by the sales man right in front of us...who does that???? the weirdest part is that the dealership is huge and seems to be a trustworthy place to buy a car, however, I am not buying a car with them...just too confusing and strange! Hated it!

by from Philadelphia,Pa |

This was a crazy experience. I woke up early this morning to be able to get ready to go to Value Kia I heard over heard on the radio. The advertisement stated no CREDIT CHECK. When I pulled on the lot I was met by a attractive sales women who introduced herself. We walked around to see what cars they had after a hour and half I saw a car I liked and we went inside to make a deal. I waited for about another hour doing nothing just waiting. The sales women return with a financier business guy and stated that if I turned my car into the bank I was dealing with my trade in. WAIT A MINUTE WHAT?. He wanted me to turn my car into my bank so I could buy a car from them. MOMMY I SEE A SCAM OR SOMETHING. I ask the financier guy what ever he is what are you talking about and he said this was the easiest way for me to get a low payment. WHATTTTT. anyway don't waste your time.