Fairway Ford Subaru

2323 Laurens Rd, Greenville, SC 29607

New 877-582-8004
Used 855-244-0883
Service 855-627-5523

Third-generation family business on the Motor Mile in Greenville, "Where Customers Send Their Friends"

Terrible salesmanship

by from Greenville, SC |

I rarely like leaving badreviews mostly because I understand that the majority of people just have bad days. However, I've been in the market to buy a car for the past month. I had done extensive research and narrowed down my search to a Crosstrek and Mazda CX5. I went to test drive the Subaru and a gentleman named Steve Bailey approached my brother and I offering us help. From the start Mr. Bailey was rude and talked down to us. After looking at the cars I was interested in I requested to test drive them. Mr.Bailey seemed to be alright with that request at first, until I went to get my drivers licence. When he learned that I wouldn't be paying for the car by myself he told me that he would not let me drive the car. When pressed for an explanation he essentially told me that I was wasting his time and that he's been in the business for 'many years'. Apparently not, I was ready to sign and he lost a sale. Every other salesperson treated me well, this is the first time I've been treated so poorly. Google reviews has given this car site a consistently poor rating for the past few years. Find another subaru location. These salespeople are rude, especially Steve Bailey.

No pressure to buy, and very good solection

by from Hendersonville N.C |

Came from Hendersonville to another car lot(Breakaway Honda ) to check out a used Ford Focus,was very dissapointed that the car that was showed to me was very dirty and had not been cleaned up yet, The salesman at the other dealership tryed to sell me other cars (that needed to be cleaned ).we left and went to Fairway Ford to see if they had any used Focus,they had a nice 2008 with very low miles, the Salesmen came out ,test drove the car ,made him an offer and bought it,no hassels and no pressure,They even threw in floor mats and filled the car up with gas,and by the Kelly blue book ,I know i got a great deal.I would buy another car from these guys......

Great Service Department

by from Greenville, Sc |

I noticed there were some bad reviews on here about the service department, so I thought I would let you know about my experience. I purchased our car a couple of days ago (which I posted a review) and noticed the door handle was sticking a little. We called the dealership and they asked us to bring it in right away and they would fix it quickly for us. I really was not in a hurry to fix it, but was impressed they wanted to see it and fix it quickly. They even offered a rental car if they repair was going to take awhile. As it turned out it just needed a little lubrication and it was quick. They were very through and listened well. I even received a call from Landers Rice (The salesperson who sold me the car) making sure we were happy and everything was fine with the vehicle. So I'm not sure why the other reviews on the service department are not very good. The service area is so clean and it looks like you could sit on the floor in white pants and not even get any dirt on you. When you walk into the service area you don't feel dirty. Very impressive. Jerry and Marc where great! We were well taken care of and our experience was excellent.

Great Service Department

by from Greenville Sc |

Great Experience and no pressure

by from Greenville, Sc |

I had a great experience at Fairway Ford with Landers Rice. He actually showed us cars in the rain and didn't seem to be bother by my...I would like... etc. He was very patient and helpful in finding me the right vehicle. There was no pressure, to try and put me in a car that was not exactly what I was looking for. His knowledge of the vehicles was very good. He had no under the table stuff, just very upfront and honest. He listened to exactly what I wanted and found the right car for me. I also didn't purchase the first car I saw, I went to other dealerships over a period of a week but returned to Landers at Fairway Ford. He was so refreshing compared to other sales people at other dealerships. The sales manager Gerome was great too, no pressure and walked me through ALL the costs not just the bottom line and answered every detailed question I had. Once I decided to purchase the car, I let them work on all the paperwork and I came back later that evening to sign the papers-so no rushing there either. I even got a tour of the service department, which I would say was very top notch. The service department was quick and friendly. They were professional and not like your typical "auto sales" dealership. I had a great experience at Fairway Ford.

Eddie Watson - Internet Sales - Excellent

by from Greenville, South Carolina |

Bought a 2014 Mustang GT Premium with a few amenities from Eddie Watson. I knew exactly what I wanted when I contacted him, and he found it for me. I was paying cash, and they had the car all prepped and ready for me and it took 20 minutes to do the paperwork. Eddie was not pushy and handled all my requests (such as communication via email due to PCI compliance policies at work). My all weather floor mats were thrown in. I got a great deal with no hassle at all. No pushiness, no issues. Eddie is excellent to work with. My experiences with the service department have not been so great, unfortunately. When I had my Ford Focus, I used to always take it to Fairway for service. I always requested Full Synthetic. On two occasions I got dino oil instead of synthetic. Just yesterday I made an appointment with them because I ordered a GT500 Axle Back exhaust system (bolt-on) from Ford Racing Performance Parts. I called to set an appointment, and the service writer explained to me that it could take several hours to do the install (three other shops have said it would take less than an hour to do, and do it right). The ford Service Writer seemed a bit clueless about the whole thing. But I want Ford to do it so there will be no question of Warranty issues down the line, but I am concerned about their competency of handling the simple bolt-on procedure now. I still have the appointment so we will see. I expected a bit of a higher price, up to double over what the local shops were quoting me (50-75 bucks for the swap), but the Service Writer said it could be as much as $300.00.... We'll see about that too. I also forgot to mention that once I received the focus back with a stain on the seats. Luckily I had installed some custom leather seat covers in the Focus when I first got the car due to the color of the interior being a stain magnet, so they came out easily enough with some work on my part.

Warranty Repair Taking Forever!

by from Greenville, SC |

I recently purchased an 07 Chrysler 300, and have had poor experience with warranty service. Day 2, took the car in due to sound coming from front passenger side wheel and the ford mechanic put folded paper between fender liner and car frame and told me to test that. Day 3, took the car back because that was not the issue. They arranged for me a rental and took the car back and had it for a week and a half supposedly to fix the issue. Received the car back, and drove it for a few days, and had to take it back as the issue was still there. I was told it would be taken to the local Chrysler dealsership for repairs, which they had it for another week and a half, only for me to receive it back and the issue was still there. They put me back in a rental, which I am currently in and have been for going on three weeks now, was told by Ford they had paid Chrysler for the repairs and I would be dealing with them directly, basically Ford is wiping their hands clean. I am about to make my second payment on the car and only drove it about 14 days out of two months. When I first purchased the vehicle, did not receive a full tank of gas ( after asking for it. 1st bad sign). The warranty is up and I am still without my vehicle. They have had me in a rental the entire time, but this is not what I originally purchased. This was a bad experience for a supposedly certified pre-owned car.

Terrible Service Department

by from Spartanburg, sc |

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!! I brought my brothers car in a month ago to see what was going on with his car. Me being a women.. I was told they would have to look at it and tell me what was wrong. I waited in the waiting area for 4 HOURS!! i decided to go in and ask the service guy what they found out.. the paper work had been sitting there and no one even bothered to come and tell me. I was informed that they would have to order the part and they would call me in 2 weeks.. i asked if it was still under warranty..and the man held up a stapler and said ..you see this stapler..where the stapler may be covered the staples inside may not be. I was soo humiliated!! 2 and half weeks past and my brother had to call to find out if the part was in..he was told yes and to bring it in Friday Nov. 1st at 10:30. I took my brothers car in just to be informed that it was an ALL DAY JOB and i was looking at 5 or 530 before it would be ready.. NO ONE EVEN TOLD MY BROTHER ANYTHING ABOUT IT TAKING ALL DAY!!! i am from spartanburg so yes i did get a rental car which is the only good thing out of this whole service experice. I called at 2:30 to find out about the car and the service man told me he had not received anything on it and he would call me when it was ready. No call that day..Saturday went by.. and Monday morning i had to call and check on it..I was told again no paper work that he had already spoken to me friday and he would call me when he got the paper work back. 4 hours past and i finally got a phone call saying.. we have received the part and it should be ready by 5. I got the call at 3:30 saying it was ready... as if that was not bad enough..i brought the rental car back to pick up my brothers car.. after waiting in the service department for 20 mins with no customers in there..i was finally waited on...i was handed my brothers keys and told my car was out back...i looked at the service guy and was like can you be more specific as to where outback it is.. he then drove my car up the front. I actually drive a nissan xterra and the service department there is awesome!! i can not praise them enough!! After this experience i am soo thankful for not owning a ford!! worst attitude ever and most horrible service ever!!!

November 9, 2013

We are terribly sorry about your experience here at the dealership. We take great pride in making sure our customers are completely satisfied. On that note, would you be willing to discuss this further? We would like to address this issue so we can make sure it is avoided in the future. Please contact our service manager at fred.sizemore@fairwayford.com or by phone at 864-752-6662. Thanks so much.

Not the place to for warranty work.

by from Fountain Inn, SC |

My 2 month old F-150 started making noises from one front wheel that sounded like someone shaking up a can of spray paint. Their service department told me my truck isn't making any noises that it shouldn't, and there was nothing wrong with my new truck. I had to take it to Vic-Bailey in Spartanburg.

February 15, 2013

Kevin, thank you for your feedback! We are sorry to hear about your problem with our service department, and we have addressed this issue with our Service Manager. Our company prides itself on taking good care of our customers, so we hope you will give us a chance to make things right with you!

A lousy dealership

by from Greenville, SC |

Poor sales attitude like in the 80s. They got stuck in times when cars were sold like loafs of bread. Salesman waiting on the doors like vultures. Had the car back in for service and the micro filter exchange was on the invoice but the car does not have a micro filter. I guess this is to make up some money for the useless sales guys and the lame people working there. Summary: Buy somewhere else, Charlotte or Asheville since all Ford dealers in Greenville are run by the Good Ol Boys!!

February 15, 2013

GG, we hate to hear about your negative Fairway experience! We are happy to re-examine your service invoice, and will gladly fix any problems. We pride ourself on taking good care of our customers, so we hope you'll give us another chance to make things right with you!