JDB Imports

Used 866-281-5784

The Nation's Leader in Used VW Campers

Knowledgeable & Honest

by from Memphis, TN |

The locking mechanism on the top of my 2002 Eurovan Weekender broke while on the road. I was going to be in the Denver area and found JDB imports on the web. I called and the owner, John, knew immediately what the problem was and turned me over to Rick the service man. I brought it in and it took Rick 5 minutes to fix. The cost was $25. These folks are very knowledgeable about VW Eurovans, have a nice inventory of refurbished vans, and most of all are honest good folks.

Bought 2003 VW Weekender Site Unseen

by from Bend Oregon |

We live in Bend Oregon and bought a 2003 VW Weekender from JDB site unseen. John honestly represented the Weekender for us. John picked us up at the airport and provided a good orientation before we left to drive the Weekender back to Oregon. John replaced the radiator grill after a small piece fell out somewhere in the Colorado Rockies. JDB had no obligation to replace this grill. This is but one example of the great customer service that we experienced through the entire buying process. We highly recommend JDB Imports and John Bigelow.

I've been very happy with JDB

by from Denver, CO |

I sold my 1997 VW Eurovan Camper to a private party this Spring and decided to replace it with a low-mileage equivalent. I?ve always hesitated using dealers because of previous bad experiences in purchasing vehicles from them. Good Eurovans are very hard to find so I started looking at dealers around the country while trying to avoid California prices. I found JDB Imports of Commerce City, CO online, chatted over the phone with the owner, John Bigelow, and visited his shop a few times before actually driving one of his vans. He was very open about vehicle histories, mechanical issues, and the pros and cons of his stock. I drove one and pointed out some body, trim, and accessory problems. John agreed to correct everything on my list (including a new propane tank). He even suggested I drive the vehicle for a day to make sure I liked it. I arranged for a pre-purchase inspection and found a few more problems that JDB agreed to fix. I?ve had the van for 3 months now and have driven it for 3,000 miles. I?m very happy with my decision to use JDB. I would not recommend buying a 17 year old vehicle unless you are knowledgeable of what you are purchasing. Eurovans have issues like many older vehicles, but if you do your research and go this route, I highly recommend visiting JDB. John is an honest dealer, has good vans, and is great to work with.

V Wexperts

by from Shenzhen Chins |

Inquired fron abroad. Very fast and professional response. Will buy my VW there as sion as we moce ti the US. Dr. Markys Wittmann

You should know what you are buying

by from Denver CO |

If you are purchasing a used German vehicle you should know what you are getting yourself into. If you are unfamiliar with the vehicle then you might buy something less than what you were expecting. My experience with John was fine. He has what people want and it is up to the buyer to inspect and make sure. My Eurovan had 158500 miles on it. I have put $1000 in upkeep since purchase. I fully intended for this occurance. I got an incredible Van at a great price and did my homework regarding the vehicle I was buying. I would suggest anyone do the same with their purchase. These vans are not Honda's. You shoud expect something to go wrong and fix it to make your vehicle road worthy. I have put 2000 miles on my van so far and not one thing has gone wrong. Is that any doing of John's? I think not. If my van broke down is that any doing of John's either? I think not. The man has the van you want just make sure you know what your getting yourself into. I will be putting another 1500 miles on my van this summer. Not before it goes into the shop and has some more work done. It is called maintenance and German vehicles require such. John is an ok guy and he has decent vans. I would never hesitate to deal with him again. You know people just like to complain because they are generally incompetant and want to lash out at someone rather than looking at themselves. Keep up the good work John.

An Excellent experience!

by from Boulder, CO |

We went to JDB Imports to look at an advertised trade-in. We left with an even more awesome vehicle at a very fair price that had not even been listed yet. John even included a voucher for a free Colorado emissions test. Great deal. Would use again.

Out of state purchase

by from Lynnwood, Wa |

Family and I were searching nationwide for a very specific year and option combination VW Vanagon. JDB Imports had exactly what we were looking for... unfortunately they were located 1,300+ miles away. John worked with me via phone/e-mail/text to broker a deal and arrange door-to-door shipping. Couldn't ask for much better service. Thank you!

We purchased a 2002 Eurovan Camper....

by from Salt Lake City, Utah |

We initiated contact while we were living overseas and the day after we got back to the US, I flew to Denver. John picked me up at the airport and drove me to his dealership. Our 2002 Eurovan Camper was ready and waiting. I took it out on a test drive and it was everything I wanted. On the way home to Salt Lake City (500 miles) my brake pad sensor light came on. I called John when I got home and he said to check it out that maybe just the sensor indicator was disconnected. I took it in to a brake specialists and they said that indeed it was the indicator. Replacement would cost $130. JDB Imports said that they would make good on the repair and the next week I received my $130. We have since taken it to Southern California (1400 miles round trip) and next week we head back east for a 1 month trip. We have been very satisfied with JDB Imports and our Eurovan Camper.

JDB Imports responded to this review

February 13, 2013

Thank you for the review and we try our best to take care of all our people....JDB

I hope that no one is lured by JDB's "guarantee"

by from Colorado |

We purchased our 1995 Eurovan Camper from JDB Imports this past spring. Although we were guaranteed a vehicle that was 100% road and camp ready, that is not what we received. Our first trip ended up with us stranded for a few days with almost $1,000 worth of repairs. We had further electronic issues "repaired" by the JDB mechanic but had actually left us with more electronic issues (we eventually had these repairs corrected by a local VW specialist). This experience with JDB Imports has not been a positive one, and I hope that no one is lured by JDB's "guarantee".

JDB Imports responded to this review

February 13, 2013

Thanks for the review and I am sorry you had a less than perfect experience. This couple had these repairs done while on a road trip 5 months after the sale of the van. When informed as to these issues I ended up splitting the repair costs with them. All of our vans are fully inspected prior to selling them and also include a 5-year 100,000 mile engine and transmission warranty.