Toyota of Colchester

Service 888-791-1636

Like Having a Dealer in the Family

untrustworthy Dealer

by from Deep River ct |

we brought a toyota tacoma from here 2 years ago and the whole underneath has rusted out to the point that it is unsafe to drive.In bringing it to another toyota dealer they told us the only way that it would have rusted out in 2 years time is if they coated over an already rusted frame.We have written a letter to the attorney general's office reporting them for there untruest worthy dealings.We would never buy another vehicle from them and would highly recommend that you think twice about buying any thing from them

March 18, 2014

Mrs. Ammermann, we are so sorry to hear you are frustrated with the 2005 Toyota Tacoma you purchased from us in 2011. We take our customer's safety seriously, and would welcome the opportunity to make your situation right. Since our records reflect that you have not returned to our Service Department since you purchased it, we would appreciate a chance to inspect your vehicle as well. Please feel free to contact our General Manager Chris Antonino to make arrangements to do so at your convenience.

NEVER AGAIN

by from colchester ct |

Never again will I make a purchase from Toyota of Colchester. while looking at the vehicle, the sales rep had absolutely no idea about anything on the vehicle I chose. when asking questions the answers were, "I'm not too sure" or he would try to change the subject. they left me sitting at a desk while 4-5 people looked for missing keys for 20 minutes. All of the paperwork and payments were taken care of by Tuesday and they told me they would give a call by close of business on Thursday. Not only was the staff extremely pushy throughout the buying experience, they blatantly lied to me, making me call them to find out when I can get my new-used vehicle. when I called today (Friday) they put me on hold for about 12 minutes before I decided to hang up and call again. the second time I was only put on hold for another 3 minutes. When the sales rep came back to the phone he told me the car wouldn't be ready today... the call they never made was suppose to be to tell me when today (Friday) I can pick it up. when I asked the guy why, he proceeded to tell me they are waiting for parts and detailing it. I went in to look at the car a week ago from today, this should have been done long before. (considering the fact that all the work could have been done by me on jack stands in a half day if need be.) If I wasn't so dead-set on buying that specific model I wouldn't have stuck around; overall an awful buying experience and I will be telling everyone I know, including my sister who is on the market for a new Camry to stay away!

March 12, 2014

rjm, we are truly sorry to hear that your experience with us was so negative. Our Sales team understands that the purchase process can be frustrating, even more so when there is a breakdown in communication. We will be using your remarks to evaluate our weaknesses to ensure that no other customer shares your experience. Please feel free to call our Management team if you wish to discuss your situation further.

No need to shop around

by from Columbia, ct |

When you find the right vehicle, at the right price, and the right sales experience (no hassles, no pressure), you don't need to shop around. Maybe I could get the same Camry at another dealership a little bit cheaper, but the buying experience was worth all the money. I will recommend this dealership to all my relatives, friends and co-workers. It really is "Like having a dealer in the family"

didnt seem right

by from colchester, ct |

I saw their add on cars.com for a 2007 tacoma 6 speed. I get there and it was an automatic. Then i take it for a test drive and the sailsman had zero knowledge on the truck. Next i test drove a tacoma pre runner and i asked the sailsman if it was 4wd and he told me he wasnt sure. I ended up looking it up on my phone at his desk, it was in fact a 2wd truck. Next they told me they would certify the original truck i was looking at, and they would throw on a 7 year/100,000 mile warrenty on a 7 year old vehicle. I asked a freind who works at a toyota dealership if this was possible and he said "no way". So i didnt buy the over priced tacoma. It seemed far to good to be true, and the sailsmen need to study up on their toyoyas so they can make a knowledgable sale.

January 24, 2014

We are sorry to hear that you were so frustrated in shopping for a Tacoma, John Doe. We realize that our customers rely on us to be the experts, and in this situation it appears we failed to live up to this expectation. We do apologize, and we will make the necessary changes to ensure that no other customer shares your experience.

horrible experance

by from bozrah conn |

called to have "friend" hold used 4runner had hold tag on it showed me truck tested my trade made me a deal then said it was already sold after 2 hours in snow storm oh and they ran my credit tried to sell anything accept what I wanted horrible dealer

December 18, 2013

Mr. Contino, we are truly sorry to hear you felt your recent experience with us was so unpleasant. As your Sales Consultant has known you for many years, he was confident he could find you another suitable vehicle, but unfortunately that did not work out as he had hoped. Again, we do apologize, and should you wish to speak further regarding your situation, we encourage you to call our General Manager, Chris Antonino.

I'd recommend these guys to anyone!

by from colchester, ct |

Well, I did my homework, and it paid off. I shopped the guys in Middletown and Hartford and was left with a bad taste in my mouth. Last on the list was the dealer closest to me...the one who is supposed to be like having a dealer in the family. I called in and got a Sales advisor...Bob Stillman. He know more about the the Prius Plug ins than anyone I'd spoken to and took me out for an excellent test drive, showing me each of the drive modes, the Entune stuff and NAV...and we got 132 miles per gallon when I took over the the wheel...I couldn't believe it. So far it's the best car we've ever owned. The process was so easy...no negatives about the negotiating. Jim and Mario were very helpful...it really was like having a dealer in the family. Thanks to Toyota of Colchester for making this a great buying decision.

Excellent Purchase Experience

by from Moodus |

I had the experience to buy my car through Toyota of Colchester. Chris Antinino and Pasha made the sale very easy and conveient. This was my second purchase within 5 years and love the way I was delt. I recommend this dealer to everyone and will send my friends and family to them for their purchase.

September 26, 2013

Thank you, Erin, for sharing your sales experience with us. Pasha and Chris are delighted to hear that they were able to make your purchase such an easy transaction. We truly appreciate your loyalty, and look forward to seeing you again for your first service visit!