Harrelson Nissan

Used 866-729-4056
Service 888-867-1396

Awesome Internet Sales!

by from Charlotte/Rock Hill |

Wow, every other dealer played games with fees and prices. Harrelson Nissan's Internet department is AWESOME! I had a manager helping me from "information day" to ultimately (they let me set my own time table) I came back for "buying day". They beat my credit union's rates and EVERY dealer in Charlotte on my Altima. Sean Brown is the nicest and most professional Internet Sales Manger I have dealt with. Don't cost yourself money and a good experience by only reading reviews from people who couldn't get approved with no money down. More people that are happy should write reviews! Ross Palanker

They Do Take Time to Read Reviews and Make Right

by from Charlotte, NC |

This is a follow up review from our review a few weeks ago. We were quoted a price and the dealership did not honor it when we got there. We were extremely disappointed and left. However, we received a call back from Jeff who apologized profusely for the mistake. We truly believe it was an honest mistake. They quoted us a figure on the "wrong vehicle". So, instead of just leaving things as is, Jeff did take the time to be the middle man between us and management to make the issue right. We did agree on a new price that was fair to us and the dealership. We are extremely satisfied with our 2014 Pathfinder and glad that Harrelson took the time to read reviews and care enough to make things right. It's much easier to walk away for an issue, but, it takes a lot more work and effort to overcome an obstacle ! In closing, our final thoughts are that mistakes can happen and it says a lot about a dealership who cares enough to do the right thing. I would have no reservations about referring Harrelson for a new car purchase, especially with Jeff!

They won't back up their "Guaranteed Price" quote

by from Charlotte, NC |

We just got back from this dealership yesterday and what a disappointment! We really wanted to give them a "good review" and go against the grain of the bad reviews they already had. Our thought was to give them a chance since they went under new ownership a couple of years ago. Unfortunately, that did not happen. We started off by keying in our information online for an interest in a 2014 Nissan Pathfinder. Dealerships from all over called us, including Harrelson. They did not have the exact one in stock, but, were able to locate one at another dealership with the features, colors, etc.. that we were looking for. We received an email with the price guarantee of the vehicle to "hold for us" while they were looking for the vehicle. We finally got the call that they located one (this has been about a week and a half to two weeks of going back and forth). We called/texted about 10 times to verify that the price was correct and the features were everything that we requested before making the 45 minute trip (one way) on our off day. Everything was confirmed. When we get there, the vehicle was exactly what was ordered. The issue did not come into play until we go in to complete the paperwork. The vehicle price went up approximately $2K from what was guaranteed to us via email (we still had the email and the picture of the buyer's order along with texts). Being in the financial industry/credit industry for over 14 years, I was detailed to document everything we spoke about, so, I had my notes along with facts, figures, etc..... The old bait and switch tactic was obvious. Three employees handled our account either online and/or in person ....We were told someone made a "mistake" in figuring out the correct price. They quoted us the ?wrong price? on a different vehicle. Even with the guaranteed email, the verbal agreement, and texts.. it did not matter. With Harrelson, their "guaranteed pricing" means nothing. They won't even back it up. It's no wonder their reviews on Google are 2.5 out of 5 (while other dealers in the area are in the 4's), on Yelp they have a 1 star out of 5, cars.com 2.2 out of 5, and a D with the BBB. Now, we see firsthand, why the reviews are so low.

Harrelson Nissan responded to this review

July 13, 2014

Jennifer, I am sorry to hear your perception and description of what happened. I hope to clarify and resolve your concern. They exact color requirement you have was not in our inventory. We did however, locate one, work numbers (lowest in the Country) by deducting all dealer fees, holdback and rebates from invoice. Due to time going by from our offer, that exact vehicle was sold by another Dealer. We did however, locate, purchase and deliver the exact vehicle with the same deductions from invoice. Unfortunately Nissan, NOT Harrelson Nissan, had a price increase mid year. That cost is higher for all of us. I want to assure you, as we have tried to communicate, we will honor the price on another equivalent (price and equipment) on another color. I am sorry your first choice simply isn't available. Thank you for your consideration. Harrelson Nissan www.HarrelsonNissan.com Home of the Lifetime Warranty! 803.366.8171

Piece of junk

by from Gastonia, NC |

Live about an hour from the dealership. I emailed to get some basic info on a classic Datsun. Immediately started getting phone calls, when I wanted email contact. Asked salesman to describe car to me, he said interior was in great shape and car had 180K miles on it. Got to dealership, car had obvious rust issues, interior was missing radio, passenger armrest had fallen off. No brake lights or turn signals. Dodgy suspension, needed shocks wandered across road at speed. Actual mileage was 230K. Wanted full asking price for car, plus doc fee. Car was not worth more than the doc fee alone. Could have done better taking chances on eBay.

Very disappointed!!!

by from Indian Trail, NC |

I emailed this dealership regarding a car I was interested in seeing but I live about an hour away so I wanted to make sure the car was in great shape before I made the drive. They immediately called me back. I spoke with a representative and ask him specifically to look at the car and let me know if there were any scratches, dents, dings, chips in the paint etc. He "went to check it out" and called me back to report that the car "looked great", "has no scratches or anything". So, I drove there only to be totally disappointed that the car had scratches all over and very noticeable dings with chips in the paint!! There were issues on ALL sides of the car. Needless to say, I was very unhappy that he had wasted my time and gasoline making that drive.

Good visit to Harrelson Nissan

by from Florence, SC |

I was served by the Internet gentleman Chris who was friendly on the phone and in person. They did have the car I wanted to see but for my own reasons I didn't even test drive it.. But I found another one there and had a ball driving it and would have loved to buy it. From the get go, I said that I couldn't buy that day and there was no pressure to make it happen that day. I left and went home and a few days later was contacted by them. This is good service and i appreciate it. Who knows what I will do and when I will buy a used vehicle, thus this place although its WAY out of my way is a good place to go to if they have the vehicle your interested in. I would recommend it and Im not used to doing write ups. :)

Beyond disappointed!

by from Columbia, SC |

I found the exact car I was looking for at this dealership. I called to ask them more questions about the vehicle and they were quick to give all the right answers and have me set an appointment to come look at the car. I called back a second time to verify that the car was mechanically sound because I live over an hour away from the dealership. The lady on the phone told me, yes, it has been thoroughly inspected and there are no problems with the vehicle. After making the long drive up there with my two kids, I walked up to the front of the building where I introduced myself to the salesmen and told them about the car I was interested in. They looked at me like I was from another planet and said they would go find out. After a little while they allowed us to go look at the vehicle only to find out the back hatch was not opening. The salesman tried to say that it was probably just a dying battery in the remote. I tried to ask him more about it and see if he could replace the battery. He was trying to show that it worked for other things like the remote start only to find that the engine would not turn over even after he put the key in the ignition to start it manually. He immediately asked who I talked to over the phone and told me it was in good condition. I told him it was someone who said it was their first day. He said, "Oh good, so one of our new hire's lied to you." I was flabbergasted. He then said he was sorry and that he'd get another vehicle for me to look at. We went back and forth for a while and tried to get another vehicle in my price range. I talked to the internet manager who was also incredibly unhelpful and all he did was give excuses as to why I wasn't given accurate information about the vehicle. After waiting 15 minutes for the salesman to go pull around another vehicle for me to look at "real quick", I left. I will never go back and fear for anyone who does.

Terrible service

by from Rock Hill, SC |

They had a sale and lost it due to their pushy sales techniques.

Got a New Car

by from Camden, SC |

This was the easiest experience. I expressed interest on the website. I received a call immediately. I met with the dealership the next day to look at cars, but I left with a new car! The customer service was excellent! I read up on a recall on the car I purchased and took it back to ask them to check mine. They looked at it and replaced mine. They had to keep it a few days. They gave me a car like mine to drive for my trouble instead of any rental car. I received my car back better than ever and they changed the oil, gave me a tune-up, washed the car and put gas in it in addition to the recall. I would recommend them to anyone!