Schmelz Countryside Alfa Romeo FIAT Saab VW

Service 866-627-8488

Family owned and operated since 1966

New Car

by from Stillwater MN |

Very helpful, No pressure, fair price, excellent service. Ask for Terrill Klecker

Friendly, honest, professional

by from Saint Paul, MN |

My experience with Schmelz was great, even though my process was out of the ordinary. I was moving from NYC to the Twin Cities and wanted to have my car lined up prior to my arrival. After requesting an email quote via the website, Patric responded within a day to start the process. Although the model/trim of Golf Sportwagon I wanted was not easy to find, Patric and the Schmelz team were able to locate my preferred vehicle at a dealership in another state. They could easily have pushed me towards something in their inventory - instead, they went way out of the way to ensure I received the exact car I had in mind. When I arrived to pick up the car, Patric was friendly, knowledgeable, and enthusiastic about the car and Volkswagens in general. Honestly, it was a fun process, and I was out the door in no time at all. I highly recommend this dealership.

The way buying a car should be!

by from Wyoming, MN |

My sales person was Christine Bakken. She did a great job covering all of the options, trim levels, engine stats, colors, etc. After I purchased my car she did a GREAT job going over the features in my new car, the warranties, and anything else I wanted covered. I loved working with her as she was patient, helpful, and never pushy (as we all know some people in sales can be). The whole staff was helpful and kind. The finance associate Kim Sanchez did a great job getting me to what I wanted my monthly payment to be. My schedule is difficult with work, kids and sports but they were VERY flexible and worked with me over phone, email and in person. To sum this up I highly recommend Schmelz, my sales rep Christine Bakken, and the finance associate Kim Sanchez... 10 out of 5 stars in my book. See you for my maintenance and in a few years for another new car!

Excellent Customer Service

by from St. Paul, MN |

I was on the fast track to find a used car and came across one I liked at Schmelz. I made arrangements with Ralph Ludden to come in and see it the same day. He was extremely accommodating and worked with me to secure a deal. I walked away feeling comfortable with my purchase as he took the time and answered all of my questions about the vehicle. After the paperwork was signed he spent time explaining the features of the new car that I was not familiar with. I would highly recommend working with him if you're in the market for a new car.

Very helpful, Nice, Courteous, No Pressure. Great

by from Saint Paul, MN |

I couldn't ask for anything better in buying a car. I will buy a car from Schmelz again, no question.

Sunflower 2015 beetle

by from Little Canada MN |

Great customer service, fast and friendly team . Highly recommended. Love the car. Thanks for everything. #TerrilleKlecker (our salesman)

Great service

by from Maplewood,Mn. |

I was in for a recalled part,the wonderful lady in service Shevawn Vork was so nice from exiting my car to leaving she explained everything they were going to do and kept me updated,and the very nice lady at the front desk Kath Kulman she was so nice and helpful, also had talked to Tim Kulman he's very knowledgeable about my car 2014 Jetta. It was so nice to go into a business that treated you so well.

Great overall car buying experience!

by from St Paul, MN |

Ralph Ludden at Schmelz was very helpful! We went to Schmelz to see if they had any Subarus on the lot that would replace our 2008 that had been recently totaled. Unfortunately, Schmelz did not have any Subarus at all. Instead of simply showing us to the door, Ralph made a call to another dealer that did have Subarus! We went to the dealer and were able to find the perfect Forester! Thanks again to Ralph for going above and beyond. Maybe we'll even buy a VW one of these days......

good buying experience

by from Eagan, MN |

Salesman was very nice, took us on a test drive and answered all of my questions. had to do a bit of negotiation but overall I was treated with honesty, which I appreciated. I would go back there again to buy which really is the highest complement you can pay to a business.

Addition to my previous review....

by from White Bear Lake, MN |

Just to be fair..... As I said in my previous review I ended up only with one key for my newly bought certified pre owned VW. The dealership was not willing to order a spear key for me, so I had to order and pay for it. After expressing my frustration to my sales person, the dealership agreed to program the new key for free. I also need to say that without this unfortunate situation I would have been totally satisfied with Schmelz. I want to thank my sales person Donovan, who was excellent. He made every effort to hook me up with the right car, and was available to deal with my issue, even on a Sunday.... He was available within minutes and called me back to follow up on my questions even weeks after my purchase... THANKS AGAIN DONOVAN... After a month of use, my car is still great. I got the perfect car for my needs... size, age, condition, stile etc. Thanks again...

DO NOT TRUST THEM !!!

by from White Bear Lake |

Very unhappy with the costumer service. I recently bought a used Passat from Schmelz and made a mistake. I did trust them. I did not have to buy a car for 12 years so I forgot to make sure that everything is in order before I left the dealership. Later at home I realized I have only one key for the vehicle and the valet key was missing too. Called my sales person who tried to locate the missing keys, but he could not find anything. I was communicating with the dealership for two weeks to resolve my problem, but they did not seem to be too concerned about my issue. At a point I tried to talk to the manager of the sales department, but he never even bothered to return my call. Keys for VW are not cheap !!! Eventually I get tired of this ..... and ordered a key myself. I felt they were blowing me off , thinking I was the one who last those keys....... Sad... It is sad to see how a bad customer service can ruin the reputation of a good product. Yes the car is great, and I am very happy with it. But next time will try a different VW dealership. By the way, the buying process is a pain too. Hours and hours of waiting. Financing department did not seemed to be too friendly either....

Schmelz Countryside Alfa Romeo FIAT Saab VW responded to this review

January 20, 2015

I'm sorry to hear of your frustrations in regards to the key. Each certified vehicle does come with two keys and the extra key would have been with the owners manual as with all our certified pre-owned vehicles. It was in the owners manual when you purchased the vehicle. I also apologize for the time it took in the finance department. Sometimes they are at the mercy of the banks/lenders that are approving the loan and can take some time if the banks/lenders are busy or there is a situation with challenging credit. The finance department should have kept you updated with the situation. We appreciate your feedback as it only helps us get better.