Schmelz Countryside VW Saab

Service 866-627-8488

Family owned and operated since 1966

New Car

by from Stillwater MN |

Very helpful, No pressure, fair price, excellent service. Ask for Terrill Klecker

do not buy from schmelz

by from Chisago, mn |

My husband and bought a car in November from schmelz, initially we were very happy. We felt the price was fair and the process smooth. However not even a month after we bought the car, we had 2 service lights come on. We brought the car in for diagnostics and it took over 4 hours just to determine that it needed a computer update. Two weeks after the repair, the same light is back on. Also a missing compartment cover that was included in purchasing price has not been replaced yet. The company sent us the wrong part twice. Trying to get this issue resolved has been a huge headache. It should be a simple replacement part, but for some reason the company can't figure out the correct piece. Communication within schmelz employees seems to be non existent.

Schmelz Countryside VW Saab responded to this review

December 11, 2014

We are so sorry to hear that your experience was less than stellar. We never set out to start a relationship with a customer that is dissatisfied. We did assist in the repair on both occasions even though your vehicle has over 120,000 miles on it. I also understand that you are now in possession of the correct part, again our apologies. The comment on communication perplexes us as you were in contact with management and the owner himself who personally assisted you in resolving your concerns.

Great Service!

by from St. Paul, Minnesota |

I was greeted promptly by Patric Von Drashek at the door. He walked me through all my questions, allowed me to test drive multiple cars, was knowledgeable of the product, and was friendly as can be. I couldn't be happier with my experience and recommend Schmelz to anyone looking for a new car.

Happy Used Car Owner

by from Savage, MN |

I recently bought a car from Christine Bakken @ Countryside, and it couldn't have been any easier and stress free. They were very fair and efficient in everything they did. I would reccomend Countryside, and specifically Christine to anyone looking for a car. Very happy!

Highly recommended!

by from St. Paul, MN |

Excellent experience! I received friendly, informative service from Scott Sprecher. Every feature of the vehicle was explained to me. Low pressure buying environment. Scott bent over backwards to make sure I found the perfect vehicle to suit my needs. Five star service!

Good customer service. Easy car buying.

by from Minneapolis, MN |

Salesman Ralph Ludden made buying a used car very easy and enjoyable. He answered all my questions and helped me through the process. I feel a got a quality used car.

Sad customer

by from Hastings, MN |

Mr. Schmelz's response to my concern shocked me. If this is a "known problem of Saabs, Cadillacs and Buicks" why didn't they fix the car when I brought it in for this exact issue within a week of purchase and still under warranty? I've heard about dealers that say there is nothing wrong while the car is under warranty but frankly I didn't think Schmelz was one of those. Now I know better. I'm surprised he is willing to admit they ignored a "known problem"

Appreciated the sales style of Terrill Klecker

by from Minneapolis, MN |

We bought a 2015 GTI from Schmelz largely due to our time spent with Terrill Klecker. Greatly appreciated his genuineness, honesty and non-pushiness. Terrill is exactly the kind of guy we were hoping to work with and I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for an authentic car salesman. Thanks, Terrill!

Appalling treatment of a loyal customer

by from St. Paul, MN |

After purchasing and servicing 4 Saabs from this dealer over the past ten years I couldn't be more dismayed with the treatment I've received from both the service manager and owner of this dealership. No attempt to listen and problem-solve. Just irritation, accusations of driving too many miles and a begrudging offer of a minimal service discount and a cheerful offer to sell me an extended warranty. I would be VERY careful buying anything from this dealer. Very careful.

Schmelz Countryside VW Saab responded to this review

September 1, 2014

We kindly disagree that the dealership has dismissed or patronized Nancy with her service concern. The dealership has responded promptly to every request to voice her concern with the service advisor, then the service manager, and the owner every time taking her concerns seriously. On all 3 occasions, responses have been prompt and included offers to discount repairs as a gesture of her prior purchases. Unfortunately Nancy feels that the only way to problem solve for a previous customer is the cover 100% of a known issue on Saabs, Cadillacs, and Buicks 3 Years after her purchase from us new and 65,000 miles later. The new vehicle warranty would have expired after 50,000 miles (15,000 miles prior to the current concern). Unfortunately the dealership cannot warranty the repair 65,000 miles after purchase. Nancy clearly understood the warranty period at purchase and was offered to purchase an extended warranty 3 years ago that would have covered the repair now, but she declined.

Great buying experience

by from Osceola, Wi |

Staff was friendly and knowledgable, short waiting periods, and a great selection of VWs. Couldn't ask for more than that.

Friendly service, great support

by from St Paul, MN |

I was a complicated case - a foreigner with no US credit history, but my sales representative, Christine Baaken, guided me through the process to get a leasing deal from VW and she even helped me find a good auto insurance offer. I am not a technical type and I found Christine's down-to-earth, friendly approach to be helpful and reassuring, when selecting and getting to know the ins and outs of my new VW Tiguan. She was also flexible in getting me a suitable car quickly and accommodating my need for a bike rack. I was very happy with the service both from Christine and from the Finance representative Kim.