Schmelz Countryside VW Saab

Service 866-627-8488

Family owned and operated since 1966

Awesome Dealer!

by from Cleveland, Ohio |

I bought a 2011 Saab 9-5 this month from Schmelz Countryside. My salesperson Tim (TK) was simply awesome and made the whole process much easier than expected for an out of state purchase. TK was very attentive to detail, nice to work and talk with and great with follow-through. I especially liked that he knew a lot about the cars he was selling and a great fan of Saab. After driving around 700 miles to the dealership to pickup the new car, everything was EXACTLY as discussed over the phone and no surprises. I was also pleased with the very reasonable amount given for my trade-in. I definitely got the sense that the dealership cared about its customers. The Saab service department was one of the nicest I've seen... the service garage was extremely impressive as it was nearly spotless! If I lived in the area, there is no doubt I'd get my car serviced there. Thank you so much Tim for the seamless and pleasant purchase experience where I was able to get my favorite car of all time! I would highly recommend Schmelz Countryside Saab and VW to all.

Great Experience

by from Minneapolis, MN |

Trevor Lunn was extremely knowledgeable and helpful during my car shopping experience. I've leased several VW vehicles and have always received excellent service from both the sales and service departments at Schmelz Countryside.

New Passat purchase

by from Beldenville, WI |

Bought a new Passat TDI from Trevor and he did a great job handling the sale and delivery. Brad also went out of his way to get the exact car I wanted. I would highly recommend this dealership when purchasing a VW product.

Satisfied Customer

by from Shoreview MN |

My wife and I have been very satisfied with our purchase. Trevor did a great job of listening to us and finding the vehicle that met our wants and budget. We look forward to the same experience when we are ready to purchase a Passat for my wife at your dealership. Trevor has been in contact with us since the purchase and I appreciate the approach either Trevor or your dealership takes on this. I have had dealerships that completely forget about you after the sale and I have also dealt with dealers that have called almost every day and did not understand the meaning "do not call me again". Trevor has hit the mark on follow up and customer service! Although we were at your dealership well after closing, we appreciate the courtesy everyone took with us. Your Finance department did not rush to answer any questions and provided the same level of assistance throughout or visit. This is a dealer that I will conduct business with again.

Christine Bakken

by from Lindstrom, MN |

Buying a car from Schmeltz Countryside Volkswagen is so easy when you deal with Christine Bakken..quit a few cars have purchased with help from Christine! Keep up the good work, you make car shopping sooooo easy!!!!! Donny B.

Great Experience!

by from Woodbury, MN |

I had a great experience at Schmelz Countryside when I leased my first Jetta from Christine Bakken! I love the car and recommend anyone looking for a VW to go to Schmelz. Christine made everything very easy for me in my first leasing experience.

worst ever.

by from Sn Fernando Valley, Ca |

bought the car I wanted for a good price, but dealing with the finance manager about my credit score was the worst with take it or leave it. since I'm in California bought it from web site and now that its here, there's issues with the vehicle. and the sale person will not return my calls the service manager is not wanting to work out any problems since they say there were no problems with the car in there lot. Have the vehicle inspected by another mechanic before buying from this place. and don't buy it from out of state. Buyer BEWARE.

Schmelz Countryside VW Saab responded to this review

December 15, 2012

We apologize that your perception was less than stellar. We strive to have only premium pre-owned vehicles on our lot and only retail premioum pre owned vehicles. We here at Schmelz HIGHLY encourage a thrird party inspection on any of our pre-owned vehicles. Especially out of state purchases. We also encourage customers whom are not satisfied with the terms of vehicle financing to obtain such financing on there own that are at terms suitable to their likes.

Will work for your business

by from St Louis Park, MN |

I had gone to Schmelz before when I owned a Saab, and found the service department to be of high standards. When it came time to purchase a different vehicle, I was looking at the VW line this time. I worked closely with Chris and Brad--along with Johnathan. Initially, they didn't have any cars that fit my criteria, but they worked with me and kept their ears open until we found the right car at the right price for me. Very good experience.

Awesome Salesman

by from Woodbury, MN |

I am in the market for a, 7-09 Jetta. A co-worker highly recommended I go to Schmelz and specifically seek out Ralph Ludden. My co-worker had only great things to say about him as he had recently purchased a car from Ralph himself. This past Saturday I went to Schmelz and met Ralph. He took the time to find out what exactly I was looking for. He was professional, courteous, friendly and very knowledgeable. Although I did not make my purchase that day, I will be back to do so soon. As a person who has worked in Customer Service for many years, I am very impressed with Ralph. I will definitely recommend him to everyone I know who is in the market for a vehicle.

Great buying experience

by from Minneapolis |

I recently bought a new Jetta GLI from Schmelz, and had a great experience. Trevor Lunn was the sales person I dealt with. He was very low key and personable, had a good knowledge of the products and answered all of my questions well. He and the sales manager Brad worked hard to beat the price of another VW dealer. Trevor was very responsive by phone and e-mail during the negotiation process, and he followed up with me proactively. I highly recommend them.