Schmelz Countryside VW Saab

Service 866-627-8488

Family owned and operated since 1966

Great buying experience

by from Minneapolis |

I recently bought a new Jetta GLI from Schmelz, and had a great experience. Trevor Lunn was the sales person I dealt with. He was very low key and personable, had a good knowledge of the products and answered all of my questions well. He and the sales manager Brad worked hard to beat the price of another VW dealer. Trevor was very responsive by phone and e-mail during the negotiation process, and he followed up with me proactively. I highly recommend them.

Online Chat Help

by from Plymouth, MN |

I am currently looking for a used vehicle and saw one I was interested in at Schmelz Volks and SAAB. So I decided to chat with one of the the salesman. That salesman was Ralph Ludden. He was extremely quick to reply and very helpful with the questions I asked, and also went to look at the vehicle personally to fulfill my questions. I will be heading there on Saturday and hopefully have the same great experience I did online. Thanks Ralph!

Good service

by from River falls, wi |

Service was good seemed interested in trying to make sure I knew how the Car worked

great customer service

by from eagan, MN |

we have been shopping for a new VW for quite sometime - haven't purchased yet but Greg O'NEIL did an amazing job walking us through the differences options available.

I love my car!

by from Sheboygan, WI |

I had searched the internet for weeks before I found exactly what I wanted and in price range. The miles were lower than what I had anticipated, as well as the price. It was a pleasure and easy experience. I worked with Greg O'Neill from beginning to end via phone, email and finally in person. I bought a one way ticket and drove the car almost 400 miles home. That is how confident I was in my expectations that Greg had set and those expectations were exceeded once I arrived. The buying process was longer than I had anticipated and the clutch pedal is squeaky and was supposed to be addressed before I left the dealership that day. Other than that, I am very pleased! I highly recommend Schmelz Countryside VW Saab and Greg O'Neill.

GREAT DEALERSHIP & GREAT SALESMAN!

by from Boise, ID |

I've purchased a number of new cars over the years and was very impressed by Schmelz. When I lived in MSP, I accessed their service facilities and had a good experience. When I started looking for a new Saab 9-5 in the fall of 2011, I came across Schmelz in addition to a number of other dealerships throughout the U.S.. When it came to follow-up and actually doing what he said he was going to do, GREG O'NEILL was terrific! He and I started to look for a car in January of 2012 and, in the face of adverse circumstances, GREG found me a car in September (better than the one for which I was initially looking and at a better price). He told me he would find me a car and he did! My wife and I couldn't be happier with our purchase and with Greg. He has followed up with interest in our full satisfaction which, in my experience, is fairly unusual with car salesmen. I think this is indicative of the culture the Schmelz family requires of their team. I would definitely purchase a car from them in the future and encourage anyone who is looking for a car to do the same.

Patient Sales Guy

by from St. Paul |

Greg knew the car I wanted and patiently worked on a deal that met my criteria. Appreciated that he heard some of my hang ups on the car and the price. Knew some of the aspects of the car were not my first choice but worked on some details to make it to my liking.

Purchase of new car

by from Maplewood, MN |

I was treated very well Greg O'Neill Explained every thing & all the charges, was friendly & answered all my questions. When I picked up the car Greg went through the operation of the car & helped set up the menu's. I was given the cost up front with no surprises. When I brought it in for the 90 day check Greg met me & made sure I was still happy with the car & was given a car wash when the check was done. I am pleased with the service department also they are friendly & courteous, listening to what I say, and taking care of any problems or questions I have after purchase. Schmelz was recommended to me by a friend & I would recommend them to anybody thinking of buying a Volkswagom. The facility is always clean, the waiting area is comfortable seating.

Perfect timing!

by from Saint Paul, MN |

My husband and I were on a search for a not so common request, a Volkswagon Jetta Sportwagon TDI Manual drive and in Platinum color with one big requirement - we needed it before the arrival of our first baby! Greg put the word out for our limited find and did everything he could to have the car we had requested delivered in to us right on time. The baby arrived 5 weeks early just 4 days after the car came! It was such a relief to have our first "family car" when we officially became a family! It has been a dream to drive and Greg was wonderful thru the entire process. He made that last stressful event before the arrival of our baby no stress at all.

Greg O'Neill helped me get the deal of a lifetime

by from Evergreen, CO |

I got in got contact with Greg O'Neill at Schmelz Countryside Saab when I was wanting to buy a 2011 Saab 9-5. He helped me buy one of the auction cars that had just become available at Ally Financial. This was a smooth process end-to-end thanks to Greg. We communicated by email on a daily basis and the coordination on extra work and accessories at the the dealership was very quick. Greg got the Hirsch performance upgrade done also before shipping the car to Colorado. I could not be happier!