Riverhead Bay Motors

1521 Old Country Road, Riverhead, NY 11901

New 866-337-4220
Used 888-457-3248
Service 866-428-2413

We love Saving you Money!!

Great prices and customer service!

by from Sayville, NY |

Picked up a new VW Jetta hybrid. Not only was the price competitive but I also received excellent customer service. Joe and Tim kept me in the loop through the whole process and went over the entire vehicle with me. They even helped me get a clean pass for the HOV lane! Thanks again!

Friendly & Honest

by from Brooklyn, NY |

I went into Riverhead Bay Volkswagen as a first time car buyer. The staff was friendly, educated and not intimidating. It felt like shopping for a car from your best friend's dad - warm, genuine and honest.

Great car Buying

by from Holbrook |

I had the pleasure of of working with Bill Brienza probably the most knowledgable car salesperson in my 60 plus years and Rick the dealerships sales manager. From the moment my wife and I stepped into the magnificent showroom we were treated almost like family.....We did not experience the usual game that most dealers play......we were able to come to an amicable and realistic price on my trade...and a fair price on my new Golf....and the best possible rate on my loan.Bill thoroughly went over everything I should know about my new car and answered all our questions .

2014 GTI

by from RIVERHEAD, NY |

Besides buying a home, getting a new vehicle is one of the biggest purchases we make as human beings? thus making it a somewhat stressful situation. Bill and his team put my tension at ease from the moment I walked in the showroom, shook his hand, and sat down at his desk. I could tell that this dealership had a main goal, which was to put me behind the wheel of the car of my dreams. Riverhead bay VW was able to achieve this without the need for that typical high-pressure sales approach that so many other dealerships use these days. I told Bill what I was interested in (GTI) and the rest was history. Lucky for me, Bill has a plethora of knowledge when it comes to the GTI, so he was able to explain every detail and characteristic of this vehicle to me in a manner that was easy to understand. From working with me on his day off, to staying late to explain the navigation and Bluetooth features, Bill went above and beyond by accommodating me with my busy work schedule. Riverhead Bay VW, Bill, Rick (sales manager), and Jeff (finance manager), as well as the rest of their team is a must see when shopping for a new vehicle, especially if you appreciate fine German engineering. You will not be disappointed.

Bill Brienza - 2015 GTI

by from Suffolk County, NY |

From the no-pressure sales team to the bright and airy showroom floor, Riverhead Bay Motors has a lot to offer any car buyer. Bill Brienza sold me a 2015 GTI, and from Bill's extensive knowledge of the GTI to his ability to communicate and explain all the numerous features of the car, he made the entire process an enjoyable and stress-free experience. Bill went the extra mile to make sure I was satisfied, and Jeff (Finance) got me a loan at a great rate. If you're in the market for a new car, you owe it to yourself to go to Riverhead Bay Motors and talk to Bill. If you're in the market for a GTI, you REALLY need to talk to Bill. Great guy, great dealership. Win-win.

If you need a Subaru - go see Linda

by from Patchogue, NY |

My Hyundai was flood damaged and I found myself in need of a replacement quickly. Since my wife is disabled, we needed a vehicle large enough to carry a wheelchair and a mobility scooter. We also needed a vehicle that did not require my wife to climb up into the seat. We decided that a Subaru Outback would be a perfect fit for us. At the first dealer we visited, we were told that all the salespeople were busy but someone would be with us shortly. 45 minutes later a salesman became available and ignored us in favor of someone who had just walked into the showroom. We left and went to another dealer who proceeded to tell me that I didn't want a 4 cylinder Outback ( because he had none). He insisted we really wanted a Forrester. This guy was pretty much a moron who thought his prospective buyers were idiots that did not know what they really wanted to buy. We left there quickly. At my wife's insistence we drove out to Riverhead and found ourselves talking with Linda Manning, salesperson extraordinaire. Linda was friendly, knowledgeable, and she actually listened to what we were interested in. My situation was more complicated because I was waiting for a settlement check from my insurance company before I could make a purchase. Linda showed us a 2015 Outback Limited with keyless start, navigation and sunroof along with the backup camera I really wanted to have. Linda didn't know if the blue Outback that she showed us would still be on the lot when I got my check from the insurance company but she assured me that she would have an Outback similarly equipped for us when we were ready. Based on my past experience with car salespeople, I was skeptical. Thanks to quick work by my insurance company, I received my check 9 days after my Santa Fe went swimming, we returned to Riverhead to find that Linda was able to deliver on her promise to give us what we wanted and the Blue Outback is now in my driveway. I would recommend Linda to anyone in the market for a Subaru. This lady is the real deal. She is able to deliver on her promises and there was no bait and switch or any other shenanigans that I have come to expect from car salespeople. While I had to travel a bit farther than I expected to, I could not be happier with the results. If you are in the market for a Subaru, make the trip to Riverhead and make sure to speak with Linda. You will be glad you did. THANK'S LINDA !!9

Great Staff - Everyone!

by from Floral Park, NY |

This place is the best! I live almost 70 miles away but drove out to get my car from them AGAIN. The entire staff is very helpful, efficient, professional, and fun to deal with. I will definitely keep going back with each lease expiration!

Stress Free Experience

by from Medford, NY |

My son needed a new car. We purchased his car from James. He was very friendly & very knowledgeable. No matter what the question James was able to answer without hesitation. He made our experience as stress free as possible. My son has never been happier with a car. My lease is up on my Nissan & I feel so confident and comfortable with James and Volkswagen that I am going to lease my next car with him. Thanks James!! Susan & Nicholas B.

A Great Expience

by from Riverhead, NY |

A Great Experience Joseph Passalacqua was a terrific, friendly, very knowledgeable salesman I would highly recommend to all. We'll be using him again in the future. Thanks Joe

sales and service is terrible

by from riverhead ny |

The salesman had the nerve to call me after I gave my online survey and complain I didn't give him better scores. What I was originally quoted and what my payment ended up being was different by almost 50$ a month. The service department takes 2 hours to do an oil change. They offer loaner cars but require almost 2 weeks notice in order get one. Service department is always over booked. I paid for an extended warranty and the first time I brought my car in for service they didn't have it on file. I adore my jetta but would never in a million years come back to this dealership.

Riverhead Bay Motors responded to this review

April 14, 2014

We at Riverhead Bay Motors are saddened to hear about your experience here at our dealership. Due to the lack of information provided, it has been difficult to try to contact you to resolve this. In regards to the issues you had, we can only go by what you have written here. That being said, let's touch on the issues you had- Many times we see payments change based on a client's credit. We have no way of judging what you will be paying before running your credit. Because many people want to know what they are paying before they commit, we are able to quote payment ranges. If your payment went up, then usually its because of your credit. Again, we have no way of knowing who you are or the situation that arose due to the lack of information you have provided. In terms of your oil change issues, we have recently upgraded to Service Express. This is a service that is designed for quick easy servicing so that you do not have to wait and can get through quickly. This service takes under an hour once your vehicle reaches the technician. Lastly we recommend that our clients keep their warranty paperwork with their other important automotive paperwork, so that if there is ever an error on our end, it can be quickly resolved. It may have been possible that your warranty was under a different name or address than you provided? We tend to see this happen more often than not when it comes to anyone who needed a cosigner or filled out a joint application. Again, based on the information you've provided we cannot know who you are or what the situation was when you bought your vehicle. As a recent Winner of VW's Customer First Award, we tend to take these situations very seriously, because we believe the customer experience is paramount, and because situations like this are truly few and far between. Please contact us directly so that we can show you how we truly take care of all of our clients.

Love my new Subaru :O)

by from Manorville, NY |

Bob Mall was very professional, Friendly and Honest. He worked with us to keep our payments where we wanted them and I got a free Subaru mug :o) I Highly recommend Bob Mall to anyone looking to purchase a new car. Thanks Bob!!