Riverhead Bay Motors

1521 Old Country Road, Riverhead, NY 11901

New 866-337-4220
Used 888-457-3248
Service 866-428-2413

We love Saving you Money!!

Great prices and customer service!

by from Sayville, NY |

Picked up a new VW Jetta hybrid. Not only was the price competitive but I also received excellent customer service. Joe and Tim kept me in the loop through the whole process and went over the entire vehicle with me. They even helped me get a clean pass for the HOV lane! Thanks again!

sales and service is terrible

by from riverhead ny |

The salesman had the nerve to call me after I gave my online survey and complain I didn't give him better scores. What I was originally quoted and what my payment ended up being was different by almost 50$ a month. The service department takes 2 hours to do an oil change. They offer loaner cars but require almost 2 weeks notice in order get one. Service department is always over booked. I paid for an extended warranty and the first time I brought my car in for service they didn't have it on file. I adore my jetta but would never in a million years come back to this dealership.

Riverhead Bay Motors responded to this review

April 14, 2014

We at Riverhead Bay Motors are saddened to hear about your experience here at our dealership. Due to the lack of information provided, it has been difficult to try to contact you to resolve this. In regards to the issues you had, we can only go by what you have written here. That being said, let's touch on the issues you had- Many times we see payments change based on a client's credit. We have no way of judging what you will be paying before running your credit. Because many people want to know what they are paying before they commit, we are able to quote payment ranges. If your payment went up, then usually its because of your credit. Again, we have no way of knowing who you are or the situation that arose due to the lack of information you have provided. In terms of your oil change issues, we have recently upgraded to Service Express. This is a service that is designed for quick easy servicing so that you do not have to wait and can get through quickly. This service takes under an hour once your vehicle reaches the technician. Lastly we recommend that our clients keep their warranty paperwork with their other important automotive paperwork, so that if there is ever an error on our end, it can be quickly resolved. It may have been possible that your warranty was under a different name or address than you provided? We tend to see this happen more often than not when it comes to anyone who needed a cosigner or filled out a joint application. Again, based on the information you've provided we cannot know who you are or what the situation was when you bought your vehicle. As a recent Winner of VW's Customer First Award, we tend to take these situations very seriously, because we believe the customer experience is paramount, and because situations like this are truly few and far between. Please contact us directly so that we can show you how we truly take care of all of our clients.

Love my new Subaru :O)

by from Manorville, NY |

Bob Mall was very professional, Friendly and Honest. He worked with us to keep our payments where we wanted them and I got a free Subaru mug :o) I Highly recommend Bob Mall to anyone looking to purchase a new car. Thanks Bob!!

Subaru Forester :)

by from Hampton Bays |

By far the purchase of my new to me Subaru Forester was the most pleasant car dealer experience I have ever had. Bob Mall and his co-workers strove to get me into a reliable and affordable car without being over bearing and relentless. Being in the midst of life changing events and feeling a bit uneasy about purchasing a vehicle Bob reassured me. He helped me out immensely, answered my many questions, got me into an awesome vehicle, and gave me sound advice. I feel like I was treated like family and not like a sales number. I would highly recommend visiting Riverhead Bays Motors and speaking with Bob.

Great purchase Experience!

by from Miller Pl |

Great experience from Joe P. (Tim was great too!). Really 1st class sales effort ! ( special accolades to Chelsea- she's amazing!) Hands down most professional and pleasant sales experience I've had for a new car purchase. John is personable and very knowledgable about his product line. I SO appreciate that Riverhead VW has grown from good to Great- this is my third vehicle from them... By the way- my other car purchases include Cadillac,Honda,Acura, and Infinity, in my experience Riverhead VW and VW trump these strong dealer brands. Thank you! Mark C.

Great Service and wonderful sales people!

by from Wading River, NY |

I gave this high rating to Riverhead Subaru because 3 yrs ago I bought my first Forester (used) and my experience then was good and for the past 3 yrs I have been dealing with Mason Voss , Service Consultant for the repairs on that car. I cannot say enough about Mr. Voss's knowledge and his way in dealing with people. He is a gem and Riverhead Subaru can be very proud of him. I actually came in on Dec 4th to service my existing Forester, but because I had time to wait for my car, I went and spoke to Linda Manning and asked her what she had available in her used car inventory. She patiently showed me what cars she thought I might be interested in and I immediately was interested in the 2007 Forester she had on the lot. She was beneficial in securing the price I wanted to pay and with the help of her sales manager Joe and the Finance Mgr Ken, I left my old Forester there and drove home in my new Forester! Such professional people...all of them! I will continue to be happy with this dealership.

Best dealership experience!

by from Bridgehampton NY |

I was originally looking for a honda ,after visiting some near by dealers I was very disappointed by their customer service and attitude towards a younger shopper. Even after finding the perfect civic si. I walked away. I looked riverbay VW website later in the night and found a very nice jetta SE very well equipped and for the same price as the civic si, I went ahead and emailed them thinking I was going to get a response in the morning. Bay motors responded with in an hour, I was surprised and made an appointment to look at the car. After work the next day I met Joe P. He was professional and very kind. Even with my 4 year old daughter having the worst day Joe P. Was very patient and helpful, I decided to purchase the one I had originally looked at after he showed me a couple options in that price range. The paper work was quick and smooth I believe his name was Tim he was also great. The next day I noticed that the radio antenna was missing and left a message on Joe P voice mail he got back to me in an hour or so. He had a brand new one at his desk waiting free of charge. The best dealer experience so far!!

Couldn't be happier.

by from Long Island, NY |

Riverhead Bay Subaru is awesome. Their attention to detail is excellent. The sales associates are willing to do whatever it takes to satisfy you and your needs, from car choice to the financing. Super friendly and super great cars!

Great Service

by from Riverhead, NY |

I special ordered a 2014 Subaru WRX 9/23/13. Like any special ordered I expected to wait 10-12 wks for delivery. After what seemed like years, I received an early Christmas present from Riverhead Bay Subaru. My salesman, Jeff sent me an email after just 4wks that my new WRX will be on the show room floors in the next few days. After the much antiquated arrival of my new car I have never heard of anyone take delivery that quickly for a special ordered WRX. When the car came of the truck Jeff took pictures and emailed them to me (a great service touch). The rest was history- Saturday 10/26/13 I picked up my brand new gorgeous Silver Hatchback Subaru from Riverhead Bay Subaru. I could not be happier with the build quality of the vehicle and the customer service at Riverhead Bay Subaru.

Overall excellence

by from West Babylon, NY |

The entire staff was attentive, knowledgeable and helpful. Salesman Bill and GM Anthony are at the top of their game! I heartily recommend Riverhead Bay Motors.

Bill Brienza, Riverhead Bay VW

by from Southampton, NY |

After having a bad experience at the Ford dealership in Southampton and a mixed experience at the Toyota dealership in Riverhead, it was a relief to be treated well by Bill Brienza at the VW dealership. Bill spent a lot of time with me. He was patient, friendly, understanding, and very thorough. In the end, I got a really great car for a really great price. (Passat TDI SE)