Toyota of Greer

Service 866-906-9079

Make the Smart Choice!

Great Experience

by from Greenville, SC |

I recently visited this dealership but the car that I went to view had already been sold. The staff was great. Everyone there was very helpful and super nice. They still touch base with me to keep me updated on new stock and to see if I have any more questions. Great place.

June 15, 2014

Hi Terean, Thanks for your feedback- glad to hear that despite the fact that the car you were interested in was already sold, you were pleased with the customer service you received. If there is anything else I can do for you, please let me know at jlang@mceautomotive.com. Thank you again, and we hope to see you soon! Jilly Lang, RM for Toyota of Greer

Avoid misplaced trust in this dealer's practice .

by from Taylors/Greer, SC |

Buyers Beware and avoid the same as my misplaced trust in this dealer?s business practices. The recent sale of all my vehicles purchased from Toyota of Greer concludes my future purchases from this dealership. My questioning this dealership effort to provide dependable service prompted these actions. ======1. Year 2013-14: Toyota of Greer might have corrected my Camry Hybrid?s mechanical defect had they focused less on trying to discredit my complaint. I challenge this dealership?s inference that my driving habits were the cause of my 2013 Camry Hybrid?s poor city fuel consumption. Toyota of Greer refused to accept, verify or disprove my claims that despite both vehicles operating under identical conditions, my Rav4 repeatedly achieved 90% of rated city mpg as compared to the Hybrid?s consistent less than 75% of rated city mpg. I also challenge this Toyota dealership?s insistence that their 10-mile Camry road test that averaged 50 mph on a four-lane country highway with limited stops meets EPA city mpg test or is proof of my Hybrid?s actual city mpg. ======2. Year 2013: I foolishly purchased a used vehicle from Toyota of Greer accepting their VERBAL assurance of a limited warranty. This dealer insisted the 2008 Jeep problems were my fault until I produced a local Jeep dealer?s written inspection detailing the Liberty?s major engine defect. I felt compelled to accept this Toyota dealer?s only ?warranty? offer to upgrade to a more expensive model rather than accept the seriously defective Jeep ?as is?.

Worst Sales Purchase ever!

by from Boiling Springs, SC |

This dealership didnt even listen to what we asked for nor let us look on the lot for the car. The salesman just pushed the base model camry on us and then never went over our trade in or sales price of the car so when we meet with the finance manager we ask him and he tells us its a done deal they wete suppose to go over all of that and haggle on the price before you get to him. Then we have to go back to the dealership to sign papers we already signed, soafter looking over the extended warranty and realizing we were being charged $4,056.00 for a few oil changes and gap we cancelled it while we were there. They still havent refunded us! We also filed a complaint to resolve the sales process and the managers avoided replying til the sale was funded then they will call and act like they are going to resolve the problem but then they never call back , but they continuously tell us they want to do whatever they can to make it right to keep us customers!!! How about stand behind your word call me back to work out the trade to the car I came to purchase n the forst place! I have always drove a toyota and this was the cheapest made one and especially fpr their price. They charge $4-5,000 more than other Toyota dealerships so make sure you shop around. Now if for some reason they call me back and make it right i will let yall know.

Insulting process

by from Greenville SC |

Saw a used vehicle on line. Gave information and was subsequently contacted by an Internet salesperson. The next day I looked at the vehicle, drove it and was given a price. I was not ready to proceed but was given a significant amount of pressure to "commit". Returned two days later to examine another vehicle and encountered the same. Please understand, the salesperson was professional, the management involved in the process were not. I understand the Toyota "process", however, this protocol is an intellectual chess match that proves to be an insulting treatment of the buyer. Too much talking from the managers with very little listening. The sales process should be a meeting of the minds, not an endurance contest with aggressive shove at the end. I eventually found another vehicle at a dealer that uses none of the above mentioned tactics.

Overall unhappy

by from Spartanburg, SC |

Purchased a used car in May 2014 and it is now August, still waiting on the tags. The office personal stated she would walk it over personally 3 weeks ago. I believe she crawled. The purchase price was about KBB, which obviously I agreed to. Our next stop is Columbia. The DMV stated they would call them if necessary. The communications in this business is lacking from department to department.

August 14, 2014

Hi there, I'm Jilly Lang, RM for Toyota of Greer. I just wanted to assure you that I have passed this review on to our GM, Jed Holtzman, and he is happy to try and resolve the issues you have with us ASAP. Would you mind emailing me your direct contact info to jlang@mceautomotive.com so I can pass it along to him? Thanks in advance for an opportunity to make this right, and I apologize if you weren't pleased with your experience at our store. Jilly

Do not buy at toyota of greer

by from greenville sc |

very poor customer service and finance dept went to greer to buy 2014 camry and had nothing but problems after taking car home was told had no financing while tring to get this fixed 30 days and no return phone calls ann 3 trips to dealership still no financing!!! I wouldn't recomend this dealer to no body if u want the worse buying experience of a lifetime go to Toyota of greer

June 28, 2014

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed with your experience. We really do aim to please all of our customers, and if we didn't achieve this with you, I'd love to try and make it up to you. If you'd like, you can send your contact info to jlang@mceautomotive.com, and I can put you in touch with our GM, Jed Holtzman, who might be able to offer assistance. Thank you for your time, and I hope to hear from you soon, Jilly Lang, RM for Toyota of Greer

Bad customer treatment

by from Simpsonville, SC |

I was looking for a specific used car. I called the dealership before driving up there and they told me the car was still available on their lot. When I got there I had to wait a considerable length of time for the salesman, then he didn't know where the car was on the lot. After a considerable time while he searched for the car he finally came back to me to tell me that the car was sold that morning. He then, with his manager, tried to get me to look at a car I was not interested in and out of my price range. After wasting a whole afternoon with them I finally left in disgust. Their treatment of customers was terrible and I would not recommend them to anyone.

May 5, 2014

Hello there, I'm Jilly Lang, RM for Toyota of Greer. I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed with us. Our only goal is customer satisfaction, and if we didn't achieve that with you, we'd like a chance to make it up to you. I encourage you to email me at jlang@mceautomotive.com with your contact information so I can pass it along to our General Manager and owner, if need be. Thanks, and I look forward to hearing from you so we can resolve your issues. Jilly

Update on Toyota Tacoma 2013 used Truck

by from Greer SC |

This post is in reference to a post dated 12-28-2013. In regards to Used Toyota Tacoma Truck. When I wrote my first review I was really upset. I felt as if the overall experience was not good. Toyota of Greer called me back and they were more than willing to make my father Happy....making me. Happy Happy Happy. The bumper was replaced and the truck looks awesome. Josh went and stood by his word and made every effort to help us. I believe now that I can feel good about buying a new and used vehicle from them. Remember sometimes you have to wait ....to write a letter, email, text . That being said this experience for overall is clear Toyota of Greer is there for you and wants to make the buying experience a good one for you.

February 12, 2014

Hi Michelle, Thank you for your most recent feedback! I'm so glad Josh and the rest of our team could take great care of you and your father at Toyota of Greer. You're absolutely right- it might take a little time to make everything right, but we're so committed to pleasing our customers, and we think your satisfaction is worth is. If there is anything else we can do for you, please let me know at jlang@mceautomotive.com. Thank you again for your feedback, and please give our best regards to your father! Jilly Lang, RM for Toyota of Greer

Toyota Tacoma 2013 used Truck ....

by from Greenville SC |

My father came into Toyota of Greer to look at a Tacoma truck. He has been looking but not a the point That he had to purchase that day. Upon arriving he was greeted of course with a smile. He signed the papers that day and told the Salesman Josh /Sales Manager that he wanted several scratches and a dent in the rear bumper to be taken care of. Of course the Car Fax showed no accidents. He was told these would be taken care. He took the truck back and they painted some of the scratches.! I came down to see my father and noticed that the bumper was dented and was was not leveled . I looked under bumper and could see the truck was hit. We went to Toyota of Greer that day and the service department told us that we needed to talk with Josh. We waited patiently and looked at other Tacoma brand new and used and it was clear that it was bent back towards the body of the truck . My father was told ....I see that and it cold be fixed but would come out of his pocket. Even suggested if he could pay half. What???? I said . The truck was taken and we were told everything even scratches would be right. We want you to be happy. Now today he get a the truck back scratches gone. Dent and Bumper. Still there....this truck is paid for. This experience for anybody over the age of 65 should avoid.! He traded in a Highlander. I own a Highlander and there is no way I would BUY anything from them. I feel my father has been taken advantage of. Nobody will not be in to call us till Monday . Happy New Year. BTW Toyota of Greenville or Charlotte would not do this. Of course these are not the only vehicles we have as Toyotas......hope you can sleep feeling good about yourself. Just ask yourself what wold you do if that was your Dad....

Well......

by from Greenwood, SC |

So we purchased a 2010 Ford fusion from these guys back in the summer. Nice car. It had a problem right after we got home with the oxygen sensor being bad. Still, the car has been great. Our sales guy, Russ, was also very nice. Purchasing experience was ok. Made the mistake of getting the GAP insurance because i figured with my luck we'd wreck on the way home. Since i planned on paying the car off within a month or 2 i didnt think it would matter, and the finance guy said "oh, you can cancel that when you need to". so i thought "ok, sounds easy enough". WRONG! ive been trying now for almost 2 months to get that refund. i have emailed(x3), called(x3), left messages(x1). noone replies to anything. even direct questions in email "did you receive that last email" goes unanswered. Moral of this story is the they will lure you in with the nice and shiny exterior, but you will find the inner workings are not as shiny. You will be ok with this dealer so long as they want something from you (buy car, buy extra coverage, buy GAP insurance) but if you want something back, or have a problem you are taking it into your own hands. im willing to bet that any refund issued, if prorated, will not reflect that i started this process at the beginning of november...any takers?

December 30, 2013

Hi, I'm Jilly Lang, RM for Toyota of Greer. I'm sorry to hear that you were less than pleased with your experience with us. I want to assure you that customer satisfaction is our #1 goal, so we'll try our best to help you resolve your issues. I've forwarded your review directly to our sales manager, Jed Holtzman, whom you can reach at 8646624800. He will be waiting for your call in hopes of fixing the problem. Thanks, and please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you at jlang@mceautomotive.com. Jilly Lang

Review

by from Dana NC |

I recently purchased a 2009 Toyota Highlander. I love the vehicle! I also love the way I purchased it! I was actually looking on all of the websites for a new Highlander chatting and pricing. Then I went to Toyota of Greer's Website and I chatted with Nick Chermela. He was very helpful with the information I requested. Then he suggested I consider pre-owned. So i agreed to meet him at the dealership and wow! The car was amazing Nick was amazing and now I own a Highlander I will buy all of my cars from Nick at Toyota of Greer!

November 26, 2013

Hi Dana, Thanks for your feedback! I'm thrilled to hear you had such a good experience with Nick at Toyota of Greer. Your satisfaction is so important to us, and it sounds like we didn't disappoint! Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you at jlang@mceautomotive.com. Thank you again, and please enjoy your new Highlander! Jilly Lang, RM for Toyota of Greer (P.S. please feel free to change your review from "Do Not Recommend" to "Recommend" if you're inclined!)