Magnussen's Lexus of Fremont

Used 877-843-9270
Service 888-513-4912

Save your hard-earned money

by from Fresno, CA |

Worst dealer ever. Stay away at all cost. The online sale manager should be ashamed for lying to me. After our conversation, I drove all the way from Fresno with the presumption that the vehicle we talked about was available to be purchased. We arrived and found out that the person that we were supposed to meet had left for the day. The key to the vehicle was nowhere to be found. We couldn't even do a test drive and ended up driving back to Fresno. Thank you for lying to me and wasted 6 hours of my time.

Best car buying/leasing experience!

by from Morgan Hill, CA |

We popped in to find a specific Lexus white paint colour for our hot rod we're building. The easiest, painfree car buying/leasing experience ever. Props to our salesman Bennie Carter and also Stevie Chu for showing my wife all the cars bells and whistles.

Easiest car shopping EVER!

by from Morgan Hill, CA |

I would like to take this time to thank Bennie Carter for a pain free purchase of our beautiful new Lexus! Also, Stevie Chu was so helpful in teaching me what our car has and how to use it to it's fullest! Cheers! Sue Rossi

Don't be fooled.

by from East Bay, CA |

I was very disappointed with my visit to this dealership because of their incorrect posting of the Mini Cooper S. Apparently, they have posted the photos of a Mini Cooper S under a base model's specs and price. I had called Neil Chandra to verify that this indeed was the S model for the correct price, and he confirmed it was. After coming in, we had found out it was actually the wrong listing and had wasted our time coming to see the car. We were ready to buy, if the deal was honored, but instead we left upset. I suggested to Neil they update their listings to match the correct car for sale. I checked today if the listing had changed, though it is still the incorrect car posted.

November 27, 2013

Hi Kristine, Thank you for bringing your concerns to my attention. I would like to apologize for your experience here. We strive for 100% customer satisfaction and never want our customers to feel that we were wasting their time. There was a miscommunication on the image of the Mini that was posted online. I am disheartened to hear of your unhappiness and would like to speak with you at your convenience to see how we can earn back your business. Thank you, Neil Chandra 510-657-6600 nchandra@magnussenlexus.com

Best place to Lease or Buy a car. Ask for Bennie!!

by from Sunnyvale/Fremont |

I leased my IS 250 C back in 2011, and I love it and it not just about having a great car. They have 2 flat screen TVs, separate room for kids, and a nail salon onsite. I like to schedule my oil changes on Saturdays so I can get my nails done while I wait. Bennie Carter sold me my car. He is super friendly and very funny, and he knows is stuff!! He always makes it a point to say hi when I drop it off.

clean facility

by from San Leandro |

i enjoyed my experience. They had the car I was ready to see waiting for me :) After I found out the APR they made it sound as though it was not possible for me to leave with a Lexus or any other car. I would have loved for them to check on me personally after my experience but they did not. I would have loved to leave in a luxury car.

September 24, 2013

Hello, Thank you for your feedback. We never want our customers to feel pressure to purchase a vehicle or have them feel that they can't leave with a car of their dreams. I apologize that we were not able to get you in the car you wanted when you came into our dealership. Have you been able to locate a car? If we can be of any assistance, please let us know. We would love to hear from you. Thank you, Bo Magnussen General Manager

Great car, Great service

by from Alameda CA |

I am thrilled to give 6 stars to Kathleen Xu who help us purchase a LEXUS IS 350 if possible. She gave us the best deal and service!

Not exactly for the discerning

by from Fremont, CA |

Once again, I succumbed to the temptation of using a service coupon mailed from Magnussens Lexus and the convenience of being close to my home, and boy did I regret it big time. Yesterday, I took in my Lexus RX for an oil change w/ a coupon. The first warning sign occurred when I lined up for service. It was like driving into a tough neighborhood: a bunch of sullen and rude people arbitrarily assigned priorities to incoming cars and blocked me from taking my place and let someone of their ethnicity ahead of me - and then I discovered that they did not have any record of my online appointment (and for the record when I tried calling for the appointment during business hours, nobody at the service department ever picked up the phone, therefore I went online). I acknowledge did get angry and yelled at them. I also tried to complain about them to the service manager, who simply sided with his staff and repeatedly threatened to turn me away and to not honor the coupon. Furthermore, he unquestioningly accepted his staff members' allegations that I "tried to run them over with my car" and that they were intimidated by me (they certainly weren't intimidated given they proactively walked in front of my car to block me from driving forward in line - and later kept glaring at me and walking aggressively in my direction). The service manager did eventually honor the coupon (and, by way of exercising his power over me true to his obvious blue-collar culture, did it for free - big deal, $38, I'm impressed!) but repeated at least 5 times before, during and after that "should any of my staff members complain about you again, I will ask you to leave." He also threatened in advance that if I was not going to give a positive feedback to Lexus, they would not take me in for service. Wow. And after we were past that, he tried to sell me tires and additional services at heavily marked-up prices (I know because as in the past I did check w/ another Lexus dealer and eventually just got the job done at a reputed tire store) because the alignment work that was done by this dealership less than 25000 miles ago failed and the tires they had replaced at that time were dangerously worn out (the car has been driven by my wife, who is a conservative driver, for the record). Double wow. And when I asked to speak with Bo Magnussen (the owner), I was stonewalled. All in all, a consistent and increasingly negative experience w/ their service department over the 14+ years I've known this dealership, and unbecoming of a luxury car dealership supposedly catering to an upscale clientele. I find it incredulous that I've actually bought 3 cars from this dealership over the past decade+, and the earlier experiences were in fact positive - they've been visibly deteriorating since the last 5+ years. I am tearing up all remaining coupons as well as the (not honored, and evaded) free detailing coupon I won at a drawing from them and shall bite the bullet and pay a little more elsewhere. As it turns out, though, the service quotations from Magnussen Lexus are consistently 50% higher than nearby Lexus dealers (check it out if you don't believe me). I shall not set foot in that dealership again. My philosophy: when I pay a premium to purchase a luxury vehicle, I have the expectation of avoiding the typical rudeness and low-quality experiences that one has at auto dealerships, especially in the service departments. That is the primary reason why I've bought Lexus cars instead of perfectly-fine Toyota alternatives. I do accept full responsibility for not learning my lesson from past run-ins with this service department and simply going elsewhere. It is also possible that this behavior (including mysterious deletions of my appointments) was reserved for me due to my past complaints, and I'm sure this dealership and its service department are a good cultural fit for a certain segment of the population - but most certainly not for me.

August 22, 2013

This customer came speeding into our dealership and almost hit the valet who was waiting to greet him. He started to curse and swear at our staff. Our service manager got involved immediately. We are unsure how the customer can complain that we didn't honor the coupon when we gave him a free oil change to try to make him happy. Additionally, we saw that his tires were worn and suggested that he replace them. We showed the customer our prices versus other tire store prices and he still was not happy. We feel insulted that someone would accuse us being prejudice, when a large amount of our staff are of various backgrounds and cultures. Our goal is to treat every customer like a guest in our house. This is the first guest in my 13 years as General Manager that is not welcome back.

Great Service, great buying experience

by from Modesto, CA |

My son saw a used car he was interested in purchasing last week. I emailed the dealer through cars.com and received a call from the sales person, Mustafa, by 8:30am the same morning. He said the car was still available. Since I was driving over 70 miles and could not come until after work he said he would call me if the car sold during the day. Mustafa called at 3:30 stating the car was still available and he would hold for a few hours it since I was driving from a distance. My son met me there and we inspected the car and it was as nice as the photos made it look. Magnussen does not negotiate the internet prices but their cars are priced fairly - we bought the car. They did throw in a large service the car was going to need in the near future and a full tank of gas. The car was not detailed so we could not take it with us when we left. Then it was not ready on the two dates we were given to pick it up. Due to the inconvienance Magnussen delivered the car on a flatbed trailer to my house 70 miles away. Once I received the car I did notice that one of the rear turn signals was burned out which is something I would think would be part of their safety check. I am getting that fixed today at the Ford dealer due to safety concerns. Mustafa was a great sales person to deal with and I would definitely consider buying my next car from Mustafa at Magnussen.

Nice service

by from Fremont ,CA |

Quick 20,000 miles service. Thanks Mr. Verner Padilla.