Marietta Toyota

750 Cobb Pkwy., Marietta, GA 30061

Used 770-422-1490

Horrible experience

by from Chattanooga,Tn |

Worst experience ever buying a car! .... Drove down from Chattanooga (2 hr.drive) after being assured by salesman Perry Kinney on the phone that he had a Highlander platinum package demo in the showroom "ready to go" that had everything I was looking for in my price range.We arrived at the appointed time of 9:00 a.m. and he is not there. We were told by another salesman that Mr.Kinney was out gassing up the vehicle we were to test drive. After 10-15 mins. Mr.Kinney approaches us and proceeds to tell us the car I came to look at was taken home by the manager and he will not be there until noon.So the red flag goes up in my head and I tell Mr.Kinney I believe he is playing games with us i.e.;the old bait & switch routine. He gets nervous and says hold on let me check on something. As he goes inside we head for our car and he comes rushing back out and says the highlander is now across the street getting detailed if I want he can go get it. REALLY! At this point I feel I cannot trust this man to be honest and forthcoming with me so we left. ...... Moral of the story is Stay away from this dealership!

Marietta Toyota responded to this review

June 20, 2014

Hello Ms. Radosta, Mr. Perry Kinney has been a valued member of our team for over 16 years. He has a long record of honest and straightforward dealings with his customers. Upon receipt of your online comments, our Management team did have a conference with Mr. Kinney to discuss your concerns. We would like to point out that Mr. Kinney had already apologized to you via email, before your online comments were published. In talking with Mr. Kinney and looking at our inventory, the original vehicle he discussed with you was available at our dealership. However, it was not being displayed in the showroom as he thought it was, nor was it being driven by a manager. The Highlander Limited AWD was across the street (at our secondary detail bay) being cleaned and detailed. Mr. Kinney is human and he made a mistake. He assumed the vehicle he wanted to show was ready & located where he thought it was. He should have checked the physical vehicle and ensured he knew (1) where the vehicle was located and (2) that it was ready to be shown to you. If our Salesperson had prepared for your visit properly, this entire misunderstanding would have been avoided and you would have had a pleasant experience at our dealership. Mr. Kinney has already apologized to you while you were here and via email. He sincerely regrets disappointing you and is very upset with himself. We at the dealership also extend our apologies. This is not how our staff is trained, and we are very sorry that we disappointed you. Please know: This was not "bait and switch", nor a scam. The vehicle discussed was available, but the Salesperson "assumed" he knew where the vehicle was and its state of readiness. We all know what happens when you make an assumption. If you are reading this review, please know that if you have a concern about pricing, equipment, or vehicle availability, our Management team is always available to discuss any concerns you may have, whether in person or by phone at (770)422-1490. Our New Car Managers are: Mr. David Swaggerty and Mr. Robert Glover Sr.

EASY BREEZY

by from Marietta, GA |

Went in on a Sunday, it was so busy. A salesman by the name of Tivory Geddie came over to my husband and I, apologized for how long we waited and proceeded to assist us. We didn't mind since it gave us a chance to look at cars without A sales person hounding us. I found this 2002 Toyota Camry LE which was perfect. Low mileage and everything. Mr. Geddie pulled the Autocheck report for us and everything checked out. 1 owner, low miles, clean ride, and more bells and whistles than i wanted. We told Mr. Geddie that we were not going over a certain $$ amount since we were paying cash for the vehicle and he made it happen!!!! Mr. Geddie was very personable and I would recommend that anyone going to Toyota of Marietta ask for Tivory Geddie. He even thanks us for being so patient and that we were a breath of fresh air. I would recommend this dealership to anyone. It was very easy and painless and haggle free just like they advertised.Thanks for my new ride!!!!

Great Buying Experience With No Upsell

by from Atlanta, GA |

This was one of the best car buying experiences ever. I was quoted a price online ($3000 off MSRP) and my salesman did not try to upgrade the car with more extras. He easily answered all my questions. Overall, a great buying experience.