A Better Way Wholesale

A Better Way Wholesale

423 Rubber Ave, Naugatuck, CT 06770

New 877-249-1330
Used 888-751-2842

New England's widest selection and lowest prices | Financing for all credit tiers | Open 7 days a week

Sales person

by from Denver |

Sales person extremely rude. He was not trying to help with any questions.

bad dealership dont let the prices fool you !!!!!!

by from chicago il |

they don't even deserved any start but I have to put one! they are bunch of lairs with bunch of bad cars bringing them from auction selling them to people with retail prices covering with whole sale name to fool people around with that name!! they dont even inspect any car before they sell em !! i bought a car from them 2005 marquis they told the car in perfect condition body was all scratched up A/C did not works need brake rotors tie rod and front end !!! and with all these problems they said car was inspected !!!

STAY AWAY! THIS IS NOT A "BETTER WAY"!

by from New Britain, CT |

I bought a 2000 accord from "a better way" back in 2006, 62 days after I bought the car (2 days after the dealer's warranty) the tired popped off my car as I was about to get on the highway with my newborn baby in the car! I called the dealer and after getting the run around for a few days of phone tag they said their "warranty" had expired and there was nothing they could do. I looked into the $1500 warranty I bought and that didn't cover repairs either! Turns out the ball joint disconnected from it's socket (I'm no mechanic) but it cost me $1300 in repairs! if they really did the 30 point inspection they said they did, this shouldn't have happened! Anywhoooo, the judge agreed, I took the dealer to small claims court and won my money back for repairs, seems the owner was too busy to show up so he sent his "no nothing" mechanic to do his dirty work (he didn't do such a good job now did he?!) I'm searching for a new car now and I will never return here! Oh and I forgot to mention, ironically enough a co-worker of mine bought her Jetta here as well (before I knew her) and she's had nothing but problems with it ( she has since gotten a new car from a better dealer)!

Cheap is good, but not that good....

by from Massachusetts |

I buy a lot of cars. I was in the market for a Mercedes R Class vehicle for our business. They are great people movers without the mini-van look. A Better Way had the best priced R class cars, and we bought one from Dan Reagan, our sales advisor, having never driven it. Don't bother calling about a car -- whatever they tell you won't match what you find when you visit. The purchase agreement had a test drive contingency because the car couldn't be driven when we came to look at it. When we picked up our vehicle a few days later, our 2007 R350, which we were assured had undergone a thorough check, we were in for a surprise. A day later, the R350, which had told us it had a bad battery, needed service, and was overdue for a "E" service stop stopped working altogether. The Mercedes roadside assistance team, which came to help out determined that every major system in the vehicle had fault codes. My calls to Dan, who had been super responsive before the sale, have gone unanswered. So, here's the summary: they buy cheap cars at auction that they sell to you at a healthy margin for them, but still decent price for you. The prices are low, because the cars are often high mileage or bruised. If you have the tolerance for a project vehicle that needs a bit more love in its later years, these folks are for you. If you are simply looking for a good deal, you're better off with a more service oriented place. The savings from the vehicles at ABM will probably be repaid in service trips to a quality repair shop or dealer and trips to Naugatuck that you're rather not make. I wish it were better, but sadly, it isn't.

Oh Man

by from Podunk, CT |

OK maybe its not fair to review because i was only in the place briefly to ask about a car, but i could tell that the negative reviews are plausible. The place was crowded and chaos with desks and people everywhere. Unprofessional environment. Asked for the sales rep i spoke with on the phone -- guy gets on his cell phone and calls him at his home to come down ... lol. Didn't even tell me the guy's not around. finally decided to leave sensing this is not a great place to buy a car.

Worst dealership ever

by from Wethersfield, CT |

I purchased my car last year and the check engine light came on right as I got home. Brought it back twice and did nto do a single thing. They said they repaired my veh but they never did. Everything still does not work. They are a very sketchy and very untrustworthy dealership. I will never go there again, for sales or service.

WORST EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD

by from MIlwaukee, WI |

I am appalled by the customer service at this place. Over a two week period, I was told 3 different stories about a car that they continued to update online and show as available. The first time I was rudely told "it was sold" then when I mentioned that it had just been updated, the salesperson basically told me they were way too busy and then hung up. The second time- one should learn after the first time- my husband was told that yes, the car was in stock, the salesman took his phone number and then never called back. My husband called again, and was told- oh, it is going back to auction. Today, the car pops up again- I call, just to be sure. A very friendly gentleman actually told me it was there, checked the stock number and confirmed it was ready to be sold! I then told him what had previously occurred, and he kindly went to double check. After being on hold, the phone rang and a very rude man answered. Answering the phone with a mouthful of food- not a great start. Calling me "darling" and telling me he will not put me back on hold to wait for the other gentleman, because then the phone might just ring again by him... wow- he should lose him job. I then asked to speak to the manager, and was told- wow- and put on hold. After speaking with the manager- was it Joe? I don't know- he let me speak for about 30 seconds, then he actually hung up on me! Little do these unprofessional, rude, and frankly- not the brightest- used car salesman know is that this "darlin'" had 10k in cash to buy a car from them- My advice, stay FAR AWAY. As a professional business woman, I have never dealt with such disrespectful people in my life- and that is saying a lot.

Never got in touch with me

by from Albany, NY |

Tried to contact dealer through cars.com and through their web site: they never responded, and the vehicle I was interested in is no longer listed. However, based on the vast majority of the other reviews here, I may have dodged a bullet with this dealer.

A place that will make you wish to not buy a car

by from Naugatuck,Connecticut |

I went to this dealer after I saw a Toyota on cars.com.I liked the car, I took some money with me to make a downpayment....I was sure that that day I wold buy a car. Everything was ok until I meet the dealer employee. He's rudeness make me change my mind in 5 minutes. When we went to he's desk he make us wait so he could finish to clean his nails!!! First he told me that he will show me the car only if he was sure that we will buy it ?!....Unreal. After that when I saw the car and asked him about some scratches on the back of the car he told me and I quote : you know what I don't want to sell you a car. This place look like cheap but they won't show you any carfax or in my case even the car before they are sure that you are enough stupid to accept they's conditions. Don't waste your time people, the place isn't worth it.

Terrible Salesman

by from Naugatuck, CT |

I went with my wife to buy a car at this dealer. The salesman was really really rude. We ask to see the car and he told us that before that he want to be sure that we are going to buy the car ?!! At the end we decided ( ....also ask my self why we didn't go away from that moment....) to see the car. My wife saw some scratches on the back of the car and told me about. I asked the guy what happen, was it a accident or something and he responded, and I quote: You know guys I DON'T WANT TO SELL YOU A CAR ! My advice ? Go to this dealer only if you take pleasure to be treated bad....