Preferred Auto Sales

679 Newark Ave, Elizabeth, NJ 07208

Used 866-296-9888

Great Experience at Preferred Auto

by from Elizabeth, NJ |

I had a great experience with Preferred Auto. I just purchased a new truck and the staff at Preferred Auto made it so simple and pain free. They worked with me to ensure I got the best deal. Merlyn, Scott, Ann I thank you all for the positive buying experience!!!

Bad experience

by from Jersey city, nj |

Before I could get on lot they wanted to do a credit check . Said they had to do a credit before a test drive. Really? I don't think so. Also price of vehicle, there are two prices, one to get you there and another one to purchase. Too old to play these games. I told them I was't interested and left. Got the impression they are looking for suckers (bad credit and people who want a vehicle at any cost). Sorry, that is not me.

April 2, 2014

Sorry C ju that you did not have a quality experience with us. However pre qualification is sometimes necessary only because we try to be effiecent, let me explain. For example if we ask you some pre qualifying questions and realize that we cant get you approved then there would be no need to go on a test drive and risk an accident or waste time. If we do see that we can get you approved or that its close then by all means we do a test drive. We service all of our vehicles and are confident that you won't find any mechanical issues when you do drive. As far as there being two prices we do explain in detail our pricing in our sellers notes. We advertise an amount finaced after cash down, however when paying cash we can honor the advertised price. I hope that this helps bridge the gap between you and our dealership. We apologize for the tardy response.

Great Customer Service

by from newark,nj |

I recently bought a 2006 nissan sentra from Perrferred Auto and I must say I don't regret any of it. It was my first time financing a car and the guys made it very easy. They uunderstood my budget and took care my every need. Even Ann the receptionist at the desk was very nice. I couldn't ask for a better experience! !!!!:-)

Poor service

by from Millstone N.J. |

Contacted dealer twice and they said they would get the car in and call me back- but none of this ever happened....

August 28, 2013

Reason we haven't called you back is because we still haven't received the vehicle back.

Positive buying experience!!

by from Union, NJ |

I purchased a 2008 VW Jetta for my daughter. The car was pristine, haven't had an issue with it since it was purchased. The salesman was very helpful, and answered any questions we had. He was very knowledgeable of the vehicle he was selling. Price was more than fair and financing was easy and painless. I would definitely buy again from this dealership, and have recommended a couple of friends who have also purchased a vehicle there.

Beware

by from Elizabeth, NJ |

I was looking for a user car at the facilities after they advetised a price which was not the actual price of the car. I went and bought the car as I needed one for my new job and its been a nightmare since first it failed state inspection. The car then needed the water pump and several cracked hoses replaced and the dealer was less then helpful and stated these replacement were not covered under there warranty. Please consider very carefully before buying a car at this location.

July 2, 2013

Although we make every effort to make our customers happy sometimes we fall short. The advertised price was explained to this customer whom I remember vividly, it was also explained in our sellers notes as it is with every vehicle. This particular buyer did fail inspection however she has failed to say how we told her to come back and we repaired a minor issue and she then went through inspection and passed. We explained at the time of purchase that we guarantee N.J. state inspection and that anything outside of that we do not cover but did offer a warranty that would cover things of that nature.She declined to take the warranty. We have a signed letter by her stating that we offered her a warranty and she declined in her file. We do make every effort to help our customers and work with them. Although many believe that the dealer is usually wrong, not all dealers are bad nor are they always wrong. We are honest and upfront with evryone across the board.

Cars.com helped my life

by from Central Nyack, NY |

You guys have a great variety of cars to choose from. What makes you guys even better is that the prices are cheap and reasonable. You can definitely benefit financially of of cars.com.

Bait and switch on price

by from Woodbridge NJ |

Bait and switch!!! The price they had on the Internet was $2000 less than the price on car at the lot. I drove 30 minutes to buy the car and they had some BS in the small print that said the Internet price was after "special" financing.

Site Review

by from New Jersey |

I was buying my first car they made is easy and were very helpful

I love this place!!

by from Newark NJ |

I purchased a 03 GMC Yukon and I was amazed at the service! They worked with me to make sure that everything went smoooth. I will come back when neccessary to get my lady a car ASAP!!