Preferred Auto Sales

679 Newark Ave, Elizabeth, NJ 07208

Used 866-296-9888

Beware

by from Elizabeth, NJ |

I was looking for a user car at the facilities after they advetised a price which was not the actual price of the car. I went and bought the car as I needed one for my new job and its been a nightmare since first it failed state inspection. The car then needed the water pump and several cracked hoses replaced and the dealer was less then helpful and stated these replacement were not covered under there warranty. Please consider very carefully before buying a car at this location.

Preferred Auto Sales responded to this review

July 2, 2013

Although we make every effort to make our customers happy sometimes we fall short. The advertised price was explained to this customer whom I remember vividly, it was also explained in our sellers notes as it is with every vehicle. This particular buyer did fail inspection however she has failed to say how we told her to come back and we repaired a minor issue and she then went through inspection and passed. We explained at the time of purchase that we guarantee N.J. state inspection and that anything outside of that we do not cover but did offer a warranty that would cover things of that nature.She declined to take the warranty. We have a signed letter by her stating that we offered her a warranty and she declined in her file. We do make every effort to help our customers and work with them. Although many believe that the dealer is usually wrong, not all dealers are bad nor are they always wrong. We are honest and upfront with evryone across the board.

Cars.com helped my life

by from Central Nyack, NY |

You guys have a great variety of cars to choose from. What makes you guys even better is that the prices are cheap and reasonable. You can definitely benefit financially of of cars.com.

Bait and switch on price

by from Woodbridge NJ |

Bait and switch!!! The price they had on the Internet was $2000 less than the price on car at the lot. I drove 30 minutes to buy the car and they had some BS in the small print that said the Internet price was after "special" financing.

Site Review

by from New Jersey |

I was buying my first car they made is easy and were very helpful

I love this place!!

by from Newark NJ |

I purchased a 03 GMC Yukon and I was amazed at the service! They worked with me to make sure that everything went smoooth. I will come back when neccessary to get my lady a car ASAP!!

Very professional

by from Newark, NJ |

I recently purchased my 2004 VW Touareg from Preferred Auto Sales. I didnt have the best of credit, but their experience with helping people with bad credit got me into the car that I was looking for. Good overall experience....

Switcharoo

by from New York |

They advertise one price and tell you another, they do seem like good people with bad marketing I will say! Good luck to all

Deceptive Advertising

by from New Jersey |

Advertised price on various websites not actual price of vehicle. Bait and switch. Cost of car listed only financed price. Actullay cost of car at least $3000.00 dollars more. Buyer beware.

purchased this vehicle

by from bronx ny |

Good customer care. Quick, convenient, and answered my questions.

Preferred Auto Sales responded to this review

July 15, 2012

We are glad your purchase was a happy one. We look forward to answering any questions you may have in the future. We sincerely appreciate your business and the positive feedback.