Jim Tidwell Ford

Service 888-372-0559

You'll Do Well at Jim Tidwell Ford

BUD IS AWESOME!

by from Kennesaw, Georgia |

Just bought a 2010 mustang here & had been searching for months for the right car. I was to the point of giving up because I was so stressed. Stopped by Jim Tidwell one day & a salesman named Bud greeted me & was so friendly & helpful. He got my contact information to call me when the right car came in for me. He didn't call me obnoxiously or email me 24/7 like most dealerships do. He got me in my dream for a GREAT price. I highly recommend everyone to go to Jim Tidwell & ask for Bud! He's great & will take the best care of you!

Wonderful experience - ask for Zane!

by from Smyrna, GA |

If you are like me, you find the process of buying a new car grueling and time consuming. Between dealing with the salesperson who seems to care more about his next sell than what you really need and the lengthy paperwork, it's just not a pleasant experience. Well, I can say that I have now bought three cars at Jim Tidwell Ford and have never been disappointed by the quality of service and care that I receive. However, today's experience exceeded all of my expectation. I had Zane as my salesperson and I honestly wish I knew someone who needed to buy a car so that I could send them to him. For the first time in my life, I dealt with a car salesman who GENUINELY seemed to care more about making sure that I walked out of the dealership satisfied and with what I really needed than about just making a sale. Within minutes of walking into the building, he was offering me tea, coffee, hot chocolate, water and ensuring that I was comfortable. I made his life difficult with my tight budget and unwillingness to budge and he just worked with me tirelessly until we came to an agreement. While the process was long, it was absolutely painless and I walked out of there happy as can be. If you are looking for a car and want to deal with someone who will really take care of you, please visit Jim Tidwell Ford and ask for Zane - you won't regret it. Vanessa in finance was also an absolutely pleasure to deal with. By the time you make it into the finance department, you're exhausted from being there all day and negotiating and yet she made the time fly by and was easy to talk to while still remaining professional. I 100% recommend Jim Tidwell Ford and I know that if I ever need a car again, I will be going to see them in a heartbeat!

January 20, 2015

Thank you, Annie! We are pleased Zane earned your trust and customer satisfaction. Enjoy your new car!

Great teamwork!

by from Canton, Ga |

My husband and I have been buying vehicles from JTF for a few years now. We bought a Ford F-150 in May 2014. We came back and bought a 2015 Ford Fusion in Dec 2014! Josh and Greg were amazing!! They worked very well together and got my payments to where I wanted even if it was giving me a little more for my car and with the Ford incentives. They responded quickly to emails, text, phone calls or greeted us at the door every time we have ever been there. We have referred four people there in 2014 who also purchased their vehicles!!! The paperwork process was fast thanks to Greg!! I will continue to do business there and will keep referring friends and family!! Great jobs Josh and Greg for all your hard work, dedication and always fighting for the customers happiness!!

January 8, 2015

Thank you for this great review on Josh and Greg. We hope you are enjoying the F-150 and the Fusion!

Great service!

by from Canton, GA |

I've been working with Jim Tidwell these past few weeks and my experiences have been great. Each time I showed up, I was promptly greeted and asked how they could help me. After discussing my needs, service not only took care of everything, they made sure that I was completely satisfied. I look forward to doing more business with them in the future, and I'll definitely be recommending them.

October 21, 2014

Thank you for your kind review! We look forward to further assisting you in the future!

Josh Harris and Greg Richeson are the BEST!!

by from Acworth, Ga |

My son and I were just driving by and stopped at the Jim Tidwell Ford dealership just to look at the 2014 Ford Escape. We were greeted by Josh Harris who was nice and pleasant he allowed us to look at the vehicles. I told him that I was just looking and didn?t want to work with their financial team because I had already received a quote from my credit union for an auto loan. Josh insisted that Ford finance team could bet the credit union, I of course said "I bet they can?t the credit unions have the best rates". Needless to say after testing driving the 2014 Ford Escape SE my son and I were hooked. The car drove great and had all the features I was looking for with the exception of the sun roof. So I decided to take on Josh and Ford's finance team and you would not believe they did bet the credit union. Greg Richeson, F&I director, was awesome he was able to get me the car with the price I wanted as well as the bumper to bumper extended warranty and maintenance warranty!! Josh took me around the dealership and let me meet the service team, who were also very friendly. He made sure my new Ford Escape was detailed and had a full tank of gas before me driving it off the lot to its new home!!! I have to say Josh, Greg and the rest of the Jim Tidwell team are awesome. Most of all thank you Josh Harris and Greg Richeson for taking care of me and treating me with the up most customer service experience!!! By the way I called the credit union and told them about he low APR% I received and they too said OMG that was great and that could never bet that percentage. She even said she will be telling her friends and family to Jim Tidwell Ford dealership ( 2205 Barrett Lakes Blvd Kennesaw, Ga. 30144) to check out the great deals and of course to see Josh and Greg!!!

October 6, 2014

Derinda, thank you for your kind review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed purchasing your new Ford Escape with Josh and Greg! We hope you are enjoying your new car and come back to see us!

Confused service

by from Atlanta, GA |

I would STRONGLY recommend buying a vehicle at another dealership. Aside from the main issue, explained below, my car was $1400 over market value, which we were able to get down to a reasonable price. After selling me the car, I left the lot on an empty gas tank. They didnt even offer to fill it. I purchased that used car from Jim Tidwell about 6 weeks ago. The car only came with one key. Being that it is a used vehicle, I can understand that. I requested we have a second key made through Honda Carland who I have used for about 10 years now. At the table, when purchasing the vehicle, there were a lot of courtesies in which my sales rep explained I would receive. He agreed to purchasing the key from Honda Carland at Jim Tidwell Ford's expense and I would pay for the programming. That sounded fair. He told me the key would be ready to be cut that Thursday (72 hours later). When that Thursday arrived, I called my sales rep to investigate the spare key situation. He began sputtering, hesitating and blaming others for not even getting started on the process. He assured me everything would be arranged by that following Monday. When I called him the following Monday, he began making excuses again. As an apology, he said they would pay for both the key and the programming because it had taken so long. But in order for him to pay for all of the key services I had to go to Cars.com and write 3 positive reviews using his name and Jim Tidwell Ford's name in the reviews. To me, that sounds very dishonest. Blackmail-ish even. I told him I would get back with him on how I wanted to approach the situation. When I called again, I left 3 messages over a span of 3 days expressing my concern for the status of the key arrangements. About two weeks ago, I called one final time and explained I was going to have to speak with the used cars manager instead of him. He said he had been in the hospital for a couple of weeks. The dates didnt match up because the last call I made where I actually spoke with him would have lined up with when he was "in the hospital." I spoke with a used cars manager at Jim Tidwell about 10 days ago. He was very apologetic about everything that had gone on. He wrote up a contract for reimbursement of my costs if I got the key made myself. So I had a key made at Honda. The contract stated that upon arrival with the receipt from Honda I would receive reimbursement for the key. So I just drove up there, about 30 miles from my home, after calling to notify them I was on my way to receive the reimbursement check for Jim Tidwell. When I got there no one knew anything about the contract the gentleman wrote up with me. I spoke with another used cars manager, Dan, and he said they would process it and i would have my check soon, but not today. That is an immediate violation of contract. I drove 30 miles to be told I would receive my payment at their convenience, after getting approval to receive the check today. I asked for a copy of my contract, which should be on file. Dan explained how difficult it would be to get it, How long it would take him to do it, and he told me it wasn't his issue. He said you can speak with someone else if you want. I was treated SO poorly throughout this whole experience. If I were able to give them no stars, I would. This place is dishonest, inconsiderate, and not welcoming. Apparently, I am not the first person who has had this experience, according to other reviews and a family friend who found us the car there shortly after he purchased his Ford Focus.

June 15, 2014

Mr. Windham, Thanks for taking a minute to speak with me this afternoon. I can't thank you enough for sharing the details of your experience with me. We try to learn and improve each day, and your welcomed feedback teaches us important lessons. I look forward to meeting you in person. Sincerely, Jeremy Smith General Manager Jim Tidwell Ford 404-983-7585

Service Department needs improvement...

by from Marietta, GA |

We purchased an F350 Power Stroke Diesel brand new from this dealership in 2012. The buying process was fairly simple, and we have no complaints there. Had a great selection to choose from, and we got the truck we wanted. The service department here is another story. I don't know if it that they have so much work, and not enough time to get to everyone, or what the deal is....but dealing with them is always frustrating. The truck had a serious issue last week, and I needed to speak with someone in service. I was told everyone was unavailable, and that someone would call me back in approx.15 minutes. No problem! I understand that things get busy...however that was 4 days ago, and I am still waiting for a call back. I called another Ford dealer in the area, and someone picked up immediately, answered my questions, and seemed honestly interested in helping me rather than taking a message and having someone "get back to me."

April 4, 2014

Thank you for taking time to let us know about your experience last week. It's obvious there was a breakdown in our call handling process. We would like to try to make this up to you and begin the process of earning your trust again. Please give me a call directly at 678-784-1235 if you have time. Jeremy Smith, General Manager

Extremely friendly and courteous

by from Smyrna, GA |

Just recently purchased a used Mazda CX-7 from this dealership and the process was extremely fast and efficient. The car had a major crack throughout the entire windshield and the dealership agreed to replace at no charge. I would definitely come back here in the future to purchase a car.

February 28, 2014

Hi Shane, Thank you for sharing your experience. I am pleased to hear that you had a great car buying experience with us. I hope you are enjoying your Mazda CX-7! If there is anything else I can do to further your satisfaction, please let me know. Jeremy Smith, General Manager

Beyond Bad

by from Kennesaw Ga |

Bought a used car from JTF(3rd one in a year), and where do I begin explaining why you should not buy a used car from them. Communication between departments, plain and simple it doesn't exist. Finger pointing and claiming ignorance seem to be the method of choice here. Below is a breakdown of the first few weeks with my recently purchased car. December 20th Bought a 2011 used car December 23rd turned the car over to the Sales Manager(Dan Higgins) for a nail in the tire. Not going to even go into how that could have been missed by their multipoint inspection they claim to do. Asked Dan to pass to the service department to check the rear sunshade and seal on the window. December 28th : Receive an email from the service department saying the car is done (no call from sales) December 29th: Go in to find nail still in tire(was told an alignment was done) Rear shade and seal on back window were not addressed. Everyone I spoke with acted as if it was the first time hearing these problems. Dan I personally told you about these issues! Dan suggested that the nail shouldn?t present a problem and that I could take the car to a Dodge/Chrysler dealership myself(Should have done this) Since I bought the car from them I saw that it should be their responsibility to fix it so I left it with them. I was assured that my car would go into the service department first thing Monday(30th). December 30th: Happen to drive by the dealership, car still in the same parking spot. December 31st: I called for an update, was told they had an appointment with Chrysler dealership in Canton(Don?t go to Cherokee Chrysler Dodge in Canton, but that?s a different story). Come to find out that wasn?t the case. As I was told by Tina in the service department, the sales department casually gave her the keys on the 31st presumably after I called asking the status of my car. January 6th: Still don?t have car back and find out that the dealership in Canton was never told about the rear window seal. Told the dealership to finish what they were currently working on and that I was picking the car up tonight. If this is how they treat their repeat customers I fear for you if this is the first time you buy from them and you run into an issue. I will now be taking my car to a dealership that has a service department that can handle the workload.

January 16, 2014

I can't thank you enough for your feedback. I appreciate you taking time out of your day to let me know about your experience with us. I want to sincerely apologize that your experience at Jim Tidwell Ford was anything besides excellent. Please contact me at Jssmith@group1auto.com or give me a call at 678-784-1235. I would like to discuss your experience further, and I would also like to see if there is anything we can do to make this up to you. I look forward to hearing from you. Sincerely, Jeremy Smith, General Manager

Fantastic Experience

by from Cartersville, GA |

Work with Mike Mckenzie on a used car sale. Mike was very helpful and informative. He wasn't pushy either which made us comfortable dealing with him.

December 7, 2013

Thank you for your kind words. I am pleased to hear that Mike was both helpful and informative. If there is anything else I can do to further your satisfaction, please let me know. Jeremy Smith, General Manager

Very helpful and went way above to help me.

by from Ball Ground GA |

I came in to Jim Tidwell Ford late Saturday with a problem with my 2011 F 150 Ecoboost. I did not think the truck would make it home. I was afraid I would cause more damage by driving it. I tried to get a rental car so that I could make it home. Unfortunately all of them were closed. The salesman Patrick McCloud asked me how I was doing. I told him I was not too happy and informed him of my situation. He asked that I come inside and he would see what he could do. He then brought the General Sales Manager George Figueroa over and I explained my situation. Mr. Figueroa said that they could loan me a vehicle to get home, he asked that I treat it as my own and returned it with the same amount of fuel that it currently had. Again I was not buying a vehicle, just getting mine fixed. These two went above and beyond to make sure I was satisfied and got home safely. My next vehicle purchase will be at Jim Tidwell Ford.

December 2, 2013

Thank you for your kind words. I am pleased to hear that both Patrick and George did what they could to make sure you arrived home safely. If there is anything else I can do to further your satisfaction, please let me know. Jeremy Smith, General Manager