Car City, Inc.

Car City, Inc.

4550 Merle Hay Rd, Des Moines, IA 50322

Used 866-596-1358

Your Satisfaction Is Our Success.

very easy. very helpful

by from Omaha |

Extremely friendly. Extremely easy buying process. Would highly recommend to anyone looking to purchase a vehicle. Staffc was unreal regarding purchase and trade process. Not sure if I will ever go elsewhere for a vehicle purchase.

You make the call

by from Waterloo, Iowa |

After finding the car online and contacting the dealership, I was invite to take a test drive. I drove 100 miles to the lot and found the vehicle buried 5 cars deep in a corner. It would have taken 20 minutes to free it. After not getting approached by any one, we went into the dealership. I was handed over to a salesman who called me the wrong name twice and insisted that My son was buying the vehicle. I learned that the vehicle needed serviced and I was quickly led off the lot and encouraged to come back. After repeated emails to learn more about the status, I was constantly given very short answers that it still wasn't available. Absolutely no follow up on the part. I eventually asked who the sales manager was, and I received the response "I am". Needless to say, I finally stopped contacting them...and not surprisly, I've never heard back. This place is very fishy!!!!

KIA soul

by from Boone Iowa |

I recently stopped in to look at a jeep and they pressured to test drive multiple other cars. I came to like the KIA soul. They kept in touch trying to speed of the process of buying. They did a good job on service.

Poor customer service

by from Duluth, MN |

I recently called on a vehicle in their lot. On he first message I recieved I got a vey welcoming message left. But when I called back I got a saleman un-willing to talk about the vehicle. I asked several questions on the vehicle and recieved an answer of "did you see the website". Obviously I have seen the website or I wouldn't have called. I was looking for more detail on the vehicle as I live 400+ miles away. You can not write everything on the website. After about 4 minutes of talking and several more one word answers I was done wasting my time talking with the salesman. I would not recommend this dealer to anyone who is serious about buying a vehicle.

Good people make a company look great!

by from Thayer, IA |

After driving all over the city of Des Moines I was ready to drive home and call it quits and keep my original vehicle. My husband convinced me to stop at one final car lot to just take a peek. I was there for seconds before Mr. Ali quickly noticed I was browsing the vehicle selection. Within a hour I was signing papers to a car I fell in love with immediately. Car City's customer service was the best I've ever experienced. Mr. Ali made me feel comfortable in buying my dream car and walked me through every question I had for him. Once I'm ready for another new vehicle I know I will have only one stop in Des Moines and it will be to Car City to see Mr. Ali!

Great dealership

by from Olathe, KS |

Living 300 miles away, working through email was a very important need for me in shopping for a car and Car City came through with flying colors. Not only did they respond to emails quickly, it always answered every question I had. Once we decided to buy from them, Tony Martinson made sure every single thing was set up and ready for when we arrived. I have never been in and out of a dealership quicker in my life. Everything was as described in the ads, everyone was friendly, and everything was ready to go for us once we showed up. This was the easiest purchase I've ever made. 5 stars for Car City!

2002 Firebird

by from urbandale |

Found a great car with low miles and we were able to come up with a price that worked for all parties. There were a couple of repairs needed that were both taken care of right away. There was even something fixed that we had not asked for. My wife was very happy.

An Awesome shopping experience until...

by from Omaha, NE |

I never received teh title to my car. No one ever called me and let me know what was going on, 38 days later I had to report them to some governing body over Iowa Dealerships. Finally got the title end result, but didn't need to be that stressful. Up until that point the process was great, got a good deal on a car, and would have had a super experience if their administrative processes were better and they communicated better.