Cal West Motors

Used 855-837-5838

Cal West Trades Best since1981

Very good service

by from Fremont, Ca |

When i walked on site the sales person was very good at answering all my question. I took a test drive and after it was all on me if i wanted to move forward with the buy. He waited for me to bring up cost. I would go back and buy another car from cal West Motors.

Cal West Motors responded to this review

November 20, 2013

Thank you for your review Alex. No pressure here. Just well maintained pre-owned vehicles. We appreciate your business. Mike Casey General Manager

Beware - Misleading Advertiser

by from Las Vegas, Nevada |

This is a small, unprofessionally staffed, "Hole-In-The-Wall". car dealer with no concern for integrity in advertising. The salesman was only somewhat familiar with the car's features while explaining that he sold Mercedes Benz for a length of time. What I saw on line was a beautiful example of what the dealer described to me over the phone as a "Cream Puff". No mention was made about the damaged leather upholstery, the sizeable dent on the rear quarter panel, the missing fog lights, the missing running boards, the multitude of noticeable scratches, the poor condition of window moldings, the plastic molding throughout the car was cracked and ready to break, the missing owner's manual, the rough idle condition, damaged rear glass panel, the corroded battery cable, the general exterior condition of the car was not anywhere near excellent. The car was only washed before my arrival - not detailed as the dealer stated and the upholstery as well as the interior was dirty. I reviewed the cars condition with the salesman before flying out to purchase this vehicle - a 2001 Mercedes-Benz ML 320 4Matic. He assured me the car was a "Cream Puff" with all service records to account for the car's Mercedes Dealer service detail. My wife and I spent the time and money to fly out to purchase this car based on the ad posted on line at Cars.com and the salesman's testimony about the car's condition. We purchased one way tickets as we had planed to drive this car back home to Las Vegas, Nevada. When we discovered all the problems and called them to the salesman's attention, he discounted all of them as minor issues typical of what is to be expected in the condition of a used car of this age. Upon hearing their views which were not honest and forthright, we decided to fly back home which cost us additional money at about twice the expense for a return flight since we were at the mercy of any airline that was going our way at the time of our arrival at the airport. Frankly, we were lucky to even find a flight that was going to Las Vegas at the time of our spur-of-moment-departure. My wife is disabled and cannot wait in airports for lengthy periods due to her condition. We were fortunate to have made the discoveries for the vehicle's actual condition - and that doesn't include any probing into the engine or transmission. Our discovery came at a pricy expense in both time and money but well worth not having to bear the consequences of a problem car. Although we are without a car at this time, since I sold my car to raise the money to purchase our next car, I have learned a valuable lesson about buying cars based on a salesman's assessment and pictures provided which can be photo shopped.

Cal West Motors responded to this review

November 21, 2013

Big E, We're sorry too we were unable to make a deal with you. You are definitely a very picky person.. but frankly you are extremely exaggerating and trying to bring discredit to our very thoughtful, classy and experienced sales representative and our business. As I explained to you personally 2 days prior to your arrival, our vehicle is not equipped with running boards or fog lights. This is also obvious in the 37 photos we have online. We do not Photoshop or alter our photos in any way! The most important detail you failed to mention here is the fact that made an offer to purchase our vehicle substantially below our advertised online price. You were quoted the total price 2 times, 1 time by our sales representative and 1 time by me before you traveled here. Somehow you thought you would be able to negotiate a lower price upon arrival when you said "I have what dealers want, Cash" when we chatted personally prior to your arrival. The truth is you made a cash offer to purchase our Mercedes ML in our office after your inspections, trying to pick our vehicle apart and test drive.!! All of this about our vehicles condition is extremely exaggerated. This Mercedes ML is a 1 Owner California Vehicle with 22 Service Records shown by Smythe European Mercedes-Benz in San Jose, CA on the Carfax Vehicle Report which we show for free on our web page(s). Talk about sour grapes!!! You did not get you way!! So you go public and try to discredit our business and sales representative, who picked you up at the airport and our business while leaving out the most important fact. Our family has been in business here in our "hole in the wall" for 32 years and our reputation is second to none! Now our readers know the full story.. Yours truly, Mike Casey, General Manager

Overal good experience

by from Berkeley CA |

I am still in the process of finding the right vehicle. Looking for a Lexus from the 2000 to 2004 range es 300. East Bay BMW was a good experience overall not to pressure orienated.

buying experience

by from Eaton, Ohio |

I bought a car at Jeff Schmitt chevy north, my salesman was Jeff Lail and he was excellent in listening to my needs and finding me a vehicle that I liked and could afford. Manager and finance manager were also very nice and helpful. I actually enjoyed my car buying experience.