City Lights Auto Sales

185 Grand Avenue, New Haven, CT 06513

Used 888-377-7052

stay away

by from Dutchess ny |

Called city lights about a bmw m3. Told mark who i believe to be the owner that i was driving two hours to come look at car, asked him if car was complete saying i know the car is ten years old i don't expect it to be new was told the car was clean and it was nice inside and out. Told him I'd be there on Saturday to look at car. That was a Tuesday, tried calling the next couple of days no answer. Saturday comes no one answering phone about to give up when finally someone answered. Talked to Mark again he asurred me car was intact. Drove two hours get there outside car was beautiful inside parts were missing part of back seat was missing he said i didnt know but i could get the piece at a junkyard for twenty dollars. The dashboard trim looked like it was painted with a brush to cover up stickers you could still see. The seats had tears in them i guess thats what they call nice. I go and open the trunk and it looked like it had a system in there that was ripped out with wires all over the place and the boards cut it was a mess wouldn't even know where to begin to fix it. I ask mark why he lied to me and wasted my time he kept saying car was good. This guy is why car salesman get bad raps . Stay away. I think all other reviews were written by him

Beat everyones price by thousands.....!

by from Franklin Lakes, New Jersey |

We found the deal of the century at Citylightsautos ! The car we bought was better than described over the phone. The History on Carfax showed a one owner car with no accidents and 29 service records for maintenance. We love this car ! I would strongly recommend this dealership to anyone who is looking for a great deal !

Beat everyones price by thousands.....!

by from Franklin Lakes, New Jersey |

Great prices ! Great people !

by from Guilford Ct |

We shopped around and found the best deal at Citylights Auto Sales ! They were very pleasant and even amusing ! They had a Carfax report printed when we got there! The General Manager told us that all their cars had good reports! Very professional and extremely knowledgeable about cars! I am sending all my family members and friends to buy cars there ! They are the most up front and honest car dealers I ever met !

AVOID. Terrible customer support

by from Chicago, IL |

If you want to ask questions about the conditions of purchase, then I will quote one of the managers of this dealership: "I think this car is not for you!" Terrible! To get this treatment I would have to ask if there is any room for price negotiation, and if they provide any warranty on the engine or transmission, which was mentioned by one of the salesmen when I called earlier. AVOID.

No problems....

by from New York |

Recently bought a BMW from them. Everyone was really nice and pleasant and my loan was quickly put through. I really shopped around and got a great deal. Had nothing but a positive and pleasant experience.

Amazing! Dealer Cosigned and I got the loan!

by from New Haven, Ct |

My credit was so bad I couldn't buy a cup of coffee on credit. Thanks to Citylightsautos I was instantly approved for a car loan. The dealership cosigned a loan for me. If my car gets repossessed they are bound to pay off the loan to the bank. I am the happiest camper on the planet. Thank you Citylightsautos for all the help.

Terrible Communication

by from New York, NY |

I emailed off Cars.com and never had a response from them. I then followed up with a call about the same truck about 3 days later. Gentlemen on the phone was very short and not helpful at all. I found another truck and bought it last weekend. They lost a sale.

Amazing Customer Service!

by from Philadelphia, PA |

We were greeted at the train station with a driver from the dealership. He was very polite and thoughtful. We left a jacket at the station and he volunteered to go back and find it. When we met the sales staff and the manager we were welcomed like family. They sent a salesman across the street and bought everyone coffee and danish. The vehicle we bought was just washed and detailed. The paperwork was already done and we signed the contracts and left with our car. We had a very pleasant experience with Citylightsautos.

Pleasantly Pleased!!

by from Ohio |

Husband and I flew into Bradley in Hartford to purchase a Mercedes. Were greeted at the airport by a "friendly" salesperson who spent much time giving us all pics and details we asked for online. Everything went well and car was as described (actually better), but we kept that to ourselves! We drove the car out of state back to our home and it has not given us a bit of trouble. Even with the airfare and hotel costs, we saved a couple of thousand dollars (if not more) than if we bought the same car we were looking at by a dealer in our state with an extra 8,700 miles on it! Couldn't be more pleased and happy with it. They even filled our tank with gas for the ride home. Thanks!