Broadway Auto Sales

525 Broadway, Somerville, MA 02145

Used 888-267-3892

Horrible Experience

by from Boston, MA |

Broadway Auto sold me a lemon car with a fake history report. I am not the first according to many reviews on Google Plus ( read Michael C. & Rebecca B.). I was told it was a clean 2 owner and was sold directly to them by the last owner. I independently checked its history when it was too late; it was a 3 owner, involved in an accident, sold in a dealer fleet auction, and had two outstanding safety recalls. The transmission of the car failed to change from 2nd to 3rd gear smoothly and when I contacted them to exercise my warranty rights, I was given no resolve. As a 20 year old student with no resources, I was forced to sell it back to them at a loss. I could have sold it privately for a higher price but that would not have been an ethical decision I could take. I have filed complaints with MA Attorney General & BBB.

If this was the best they had...

by from Boston, Ma |

We were excited to go the extra distance and were glad they dropped $500 off the list price for the car, but we then saw they charged an administration fee for all cars beyond the stated price of about $600. Still it looked like it was worth it. A tail light was out, which he replaced, but a noise in the back left had us wondering. We had that repaired by them by their repair guy, though it still makes the noise, the shock is now fixed. We finally had the car checked out by our mechanic and the oil was filthy, not much had been done to the car since they bought it. Now the catalytic converter is rattling and we're way beyond the 30 day limit. We should have gone up to Seabrook, NH as originally we had planned. They are nice, but the car hasn't spoken quality or much care before we bought it. We bought it all right! :(