North Star Chevrolet

5854 University Blvd, Coraopolis, PA 15108

New 888-754-1335
Used 888-722-0628
Service 888-755-0544

North Star Is your #1 Chevy Dealer!

Not once, but twice!

by from Pittsburgh, PA |

I purchased a 2013 Cruze here in 2013. I absolutely loved the vehicle, as well as the staff who helped me with everything! I was informed on everything, from the equipment options on the vehicle, down to the warranty and finance. The salesperson seemed to be more concerned with meeting my financial needs, rather than just selling the car to make a profit like most places I have been to. In late 2014, I totaled my 2013 Cruze. Not only did they promptly assist me with a rental when my insurance failed to, but they got me into a brand new 2015 Cruze as well. I was so pleased with how well the Cruze handled the accident, I walked away with no injuries though the entire front end was crunched from the speed of impact. The car also never gave me service issues, and I put a lot of miles on my vehicle from my commute. I will always recommend this dealership, and thank you again for everything, guys!

Knowledgeable Staff

by from Pittsburgh, PA |

Spoke with Po. He was very helpful. Most knowledgeable salesman I have spoken to with regards to the Suburban.

Bait and Switch

by from Canonsburg, PA |

While answering an online ad and speaking with a salesperson at least three times before we mad a 45 minute trip where we mislead about the vehicle. It was not even drivable or road worthy! They quickly were trying to show us another vehicle. North Star did nothing to change the old adage that car salesman are two faced liars.

GREAT SHUTTLE SERVICE

by from Crafton, PA |

I am more than pleased that North Star has a shuttle service to get me to my job at the airport! I dropped my car off at 7:30 and a nice gentleman drove me to work. The service writer, Ed, called me to let me know what my bill was going to be, let me prepay, AND the driver came and picked me up so that I didn't miss my son's baseball game. I can't say enough good things about how well I was treated. I will be back for my next routine service on my 2012 Malibu.

GREAT EXPERIENCE

by from Sewickley, PA |

From the minute I walked in, I felt at ease, which is not the norm for me. The sales team was friendly and helped keep my kids entertained and busy while the buying process took place (kids can make it difficult). They even fed them pizza. Everyone was very knowledgeable and quick to help me with whatever question I had, especially regarding my choices between buying and leasing. I will make it a point to stop back next time I need to buy a car.

Recommended - Perfect experience thru 2 Impalas!

by from Oakdale, PA |

Have purchased my last two Impalas at North Star Chevy (old body style and the restyled 14 model) and can honestly say the experience on both was exceptional. The first Impala I purchased off the lot. The salesman (can't recall his name) was helpful and informative without being pushy, and I think the whole "sales" process from driving onto the lot to sitting down for financing was the shortest and easiest I ever experienced. Until the second, Impala... which I basically ordered from the website. I received really quick responses from their customer service team and ended up getting one of the first new Impalas in the area. I love my Imp and haven't had any service issues but one minor recall which was handled efficiently and effectively. Kudos to Ed and Frank for taking care of all my questions. I highly recommend North Star, and have done so to several of my friends who have so far also had good experiences there.

GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE

by from Coraopolis, PA |

I recently had my Silverado serviced at North Star. The Service Writer was professional and considerate of the fact I had a schedule to keep. He gave me an approximate time that the work would be done, and it was completed as promised.

"That noise you're hearing is just a malibu quirk"

by from mckees rocks, pa |

I would just like to start this off with saying a huge "THANK YOU/CONGRATS" for not only making me hate chevrolet altogether, but also for making my life hell for the past 2+ years. Where to begin? I purchased my car here a little over two years ago. It had roughly 7,000 miles on it when I decided I wanted to buy it. They ran the numbers while I was working and called me back letting me know I got the car. How exciting! Two days pass, I go and pick up my new car, only to find that an additional 2,000 miles were added to the car before I got it? That's weird? Anyways, I bought it certified pre-owned as well as having bought an ADDITIONAL EXTENDED WARRANTY. All of which was discussed while signing the paper work. "Oh you will be covered for the next 5 years Bumper to Bumper" blah blah blah. Turns out my pre-owned warranty expired two years later and that my additional warranty that I purchased is set to run out soon. This can't be? I was told that I would be covered for the entire time I made payments on my car, which would be 5 years, not 2. This shop has been the MOST INCOMPETENT and downright RUDE shop I have ever had the displeasure to run across. I have had NUMEROUS issues with the service department, which is lazy and clearly does not have a single clue what they are doing. First major issue with the service department: I take my vehicle in for a routine inspection and a brake job. No big deal right? WRONG! I drop the vehicle off at 8 a.m. and tell them I would need it back by noon for work. I hear NOTHING from them up until I decide to call at 2 p.m. Oh they were backed up and didn't get to it. Fine, whatever, another couple of hours roll by, no word. Call again and inquire about my vehicle. They STILL haven't even looked at it. I politely explain to them that I need my vehicle back, that they have had it for nearly 8 hours. Their response? "Oh well if you need it just come get it and reschedule" Are you kidding me? You take my car for a routine service and inspection, have it for the past 8 hours and then tell me to reschedule? ABSURD! Next major issue: The NEXT DAY I am driving the 5 miles home from work when my brakes feel very off. I call and explain to them, reschedule the appointment. Sit in the waiting room for hours only for them to tell me there is nothing wrong with the brakes whatsoever. I continue driving it for another week or so, the brakes still feel off. Next thing I know, I pull up to my house only to find my brakes SMOKING! Call and AGAIN make ANOTHER appointment bring it back for the SAME issue. They look at it and come back to me, "Oh our mechanic forgot to clean the brakes before he replaced them, and he also did not put the clips on correctly, our apologies" So what does that mean? Well they did not even look at my brakes the first time I brought it in, nor did the person who we are supposed to be trusting with our vehicles even about to do a simple brake job, let alone something major! Yet again another issue: My air conditioner begins to make a gurgling noise when you turn it off, as well as my seat making a "clicking noise" while driving. I call and fight my way into getting a service appointment. I drop the car off early in the morning. AN ENTIRE DAY GOES BY WITH NO WORD ON MY CAR WHATSOEVER. I finally hear around 2 p.m. the next day that I am pretty much hearing things when it comes to the seat (which was not the case) and that the air conditioning noise was a "malibu quirk" ... Yes, that's what they told me! "Our mechanic has the same model as you and his air conditioner makes that same noise. It's just something malice's do" Well guys, seeing as how that a load of crap that you are trying to feed me and seeing as how when I purchased the car it did not have this "quirk" I would like it fixed. I tell them to keep looking at the seat because I can feel it moving slightly as I am driving it. They call me immediately back (how convenient) "Oh what luck! We found

Absolutely, will not budge on price!!

by from Pittsburgh, PA |

My salesman, Todd Higgins, was not about to lower the price of a 2012 Chevy Cruze. He knew he had me, I showed that I liked it. Although, I have to say that he was great about holding the car for me until I got my insurance money to use for a down payment. I had no money until then. He also waited until I got out of the hospital, day's after I had the check from the insurance company. I kept him posted, for over a week, I think it was. The car was there when I got my check, and out of the hospital. Some sales people would have sold the car, rather than hold it without any money down. There is something that bothered me though, Todd lead me to believe that the car was bought there. One owner, well there was one owner but it was a lease/rental car, that they had bought at an auction.

North Star Chevrolet responded to this review

April 29, 2014

We are so happy to hear that Todd was able to take care of you. If you have any additional questions or comments please feel free to give us a ring.

If you're not spending enough $$$ don't bother!

by from Moontwp, PA |

I would never purchase a vehicle from this dealership. On their website they boast about the "online express purchase" process. So I completed it, as I was looking for a reliable inexpensive used car for work travel. I guess I wasn't spending enough money for them to want my business. After receiving an exciting "welcome your credit app is being processed" email, i never heard from anyone again, until I contacted them 8 hours later asking for the status. At this point they told me the inexpensive car I was looking for had been sold 3 days previous, but they had 4 other options for me for $5-$6k more and isn't that great?? What a rip-off! Although no one contacted me that day to help me find a reliable car, i have been receiving emails EVERY SINGLE DAY since, as they try to sell me a much more expensive car! shady busines in my book!!!!