Doug Smith Autoplex

523 W. Main St, American Fork, UT 84003

New 866-478-8489 New 866-478-8489
Used 877-446-9428 Used 877-446-9428
Service 888-280-2720 Service 888-280-2720

Find Out What the "Doug Smith Experience" Is All About. 2-Year No Charge Maintenance with every car purchase.

Best Dealership ever!!!!

by from Bluffdale, UT |

I hadn't heard anything about this dealership before just saw it driving on the freeway one day so a few weeks later I got in contact with Ed and we set up a date to come by because I was really interested in buying a 2014 Kia Soul, and let me tell you it was by far the BEST dealership experience I have ever had, they do not hassle you they are very laid back, I had never felt so content with my purchase when leaving a dealership as I did leaving this one!!! Skyler Sorensen was my sales guy and he is what made my experience so good he was so helpful with any question I had and anything I needed on my car during the purchase and even after! I would recommend this dealership to anyone looking to buy a car! Thank you Doug Smith for such a great buying experiance.. I love my new Kia Soul :)

July 23, 2014

Thanks Jessica! We're glad Ed and Skyler could be so helpful. We hope you enjoy that new Soul!

poor experience.

by from lehi, utah |

I'm very dissappionted with the way I was treated when I went in. I had some questions about leasing a vehicle and the guy i talked to was very rude and wouldnt answer my questions directly. The time before that, they would hassle me to get me into a car that I wasn't ready to buy yet, just looking. My family has been buying cars there for years, so I felt I should have been treated better since we gave them so much business, but I will no longer be a customer.

April 29, 2016

Jenny I appreciate your feedback. I'd like to discuss your experience in more detail. Would you be willing to reach out to me at your earliest convenience? Best, Rich Green richgreenster@gmail.com

No pressure sales!!

by from Eagle Mountain, UT |

I have some relatives who purchased a vehicle from Doug Smith, and they loved it, so they referred us. Me, being the bone head in the family sometimes, decided to look for my Subaru Legacy at other places (as well as Doug Smith). I found one at another local Subaru dealer, gave them a call, and really had a difficult time with them on the phone. I decided to give Doug Smith a call, as I should have to begin with, and they had the exact vehicle I was looking for. Cody Carlson, my salesperson, was awesome. He had the car ready for me to test drive when I got there. We test drove it. I liked it. I bought it. Done! I think I was there for about 2 hours total, maybe a touch more. It was not an all day experience like other car dealers are. I didn't feel any pressure to buy, at all. This really was the best part of the experience. I was as easy as window shopping. I would recommend Doug Smith!

March 9, 2016

D, thank you for taking the time to leave a great review and recommendation! We are very happy to hear you had an excellent experience with Cody and the team. Cody is a great man who enjoys going above and beyond for all his customers and will be very happy to hear your kind words. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again in the future.

Go see Darin

by from Nephi Utah |

Amazing experience never felt pushed to buy anything. Listen to what type of car I was wanting along with price. Darin by far would be the person I recommend to family and friends along with Doug Smith Kia!!!!

March 7, 2016

Amberlyn, thank you for leaving a great review and recommendation! We are very happy to hear you had an amazing experience with Darin. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again in the future.

New Car Arrived Just as Advertised

by from Draper, UT |

I am following up here on a review I wrote a few weeks which ended with me waiting for a new 2016 model Forester to arrive that I had purchased. The vehicle arrived exactly as ordered yesterday, with no funny business at the end on cost or options. My wife loves her new car. If you want a zero pressure car buying experience at a competitive price with no hassles, I can highly recommend the salesman I worked with at this dealer. His name is David Dickson. His direct phone number is 801-722-9920.

August 15, 2015

Hi Kris, Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback. Customer satisfaction is a top priority, and we are happy that you were able to obtain the exact vehicle you ordered without the run around. Thank you for recommending David, we are lucky to have him. We pride ourselves on doing things differently here, and we look forward to working with you again!

Would not take a deposit over the phone

by from Lakewood ,Colorado |

They had the car I wanted and I called first on at Saturday 9:00 am to purchase the vehicle .The salesman Thomas said the vehicle was available said they wanted to sell it locally and could not take a deposit to hold the car . Also he told me the first to get to the dealership can buy it in person .I told him I was out of state and need to fly out to buy the car in person . He said he would talk to his manager about the deposit and call me back . After waiting for 4 hours to call me I e-mailed him showing him I had the funds to buy the car with cash so he would know I was legit . He finally called back around 1 pm and told me it was the store policy not to take a deposit and I would have to go there in person . I never heard of such of thing at any dealership and they say in there advertising that they accommodate to out of state customers . He also said he couldn't hold the car for me until Monday because they had people that are local and had to look at it . He also said to call him at 6:30 pm to if it was there still .So I called him back after 6:30 pm he finally answered after 15 rings and told me someone just wrote a check for the vehicle . I am writing this to show that they do not accommodate to out of state customers like they say in there advertising .

August 15, 2015

Hi Gary, We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve our customer service, and will take your comments into consideration when reviewing these processes. While It is our policy not to take deposits over the phone, we do want to be as accommodating as possible. If you would like to discuss this further, we would love the opportunity to speak with you. Please contact our manager, Casey, at (801) 492-0100. Thank you again for taking the time to provide this feedback.

Highly Recommend This Dealer

by from Draper, UT |

If you are purchasing a car, I can highly recommend Doug Smith Subaru in American Fork. I had done a fair amount of shopping for a new Subaru Forester when I first emailed them. I was quite blunt in my email, telling them the best deal I already had and asking if they would be interested in trying to beat it. In a single email, their salesman David Dickson did just that. Dave repeated back to me exactly the car type, color, and options I asked for, the cost of the car, all taxes and fees, and a clearly labeled "out the door" price that included everything. Absolutely no runaround whatsoever.This experience was very different from other dealers I dealt with who would respond with "call me and let's talk", or an email that did not include an out the door price and so you did not know what fees they were hiding, or a pdf of a car sticker for a car that was not the correct color or did not have the correct options. After getting the email, I gave Dave a call. Dave was top notch professional and just a plain nice guy. No pressure whatsoever. Since he was so precise in his email, there was not much to talk about. We just set up a time for my wife to come drive the model we wanted to be sure that it fit her short stature (she is 5 feet tall). So, one email and one trip to the dealer is all it took. It was that simple. I feel I got a great deal that was not only a painless experience, but actually pleasant. After thinking over the deal for two more days, I called Dave to set up a time to give him the deposit required for the vehicle. He said that since my time is probably valuable to me, he could just take a credit card over the phone. The whole process was almost as simple as ordering from Amazon. My wife is looking forward to driving her 2016 Subaru Forester when it arrives shortly.

June 23, 2015

Hi Kris, thank you for taking the time to write us a detailed review. We work hard to provide an exceptional customer experience, and we're happy that you received a direct and hassle-free experience. We hope you enjoy your new Subaru Forester, and please let us know if there's anything else we can do for you in the future! We would love to see you again!

Wonderful Experience

by from Highland, UT |

Coming to Doug Smith was a really good move on my parents' and I's part. We were looking for my first car, and were met by Gavin Denny when we got to the lot. The first time we were there was the first time I had been to a car dealership, so the Kias were really the first cars we test drove, and we made it clear that we weren't really looking to buy quite yet. Gavin was more than understanding, and continued to help us as we came back for second test drives, and was incredibly patient as I tried to make up my mind between two cars. I love my new Kia Soul and am incredibly grateful to the wonderful, accommodating experience that I had with the dealership, and Gavin in particular.

May 27, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to give us such a good review on so many difference review sites! Our team strives to deliver excellent service to everyone who comes to our dealership and I'm thrilled that Gavin took such good care of you.

Best Dealership In Utah

by from Saratoga Springs Ut |

I recently purchased my second car from Doug Smith. I returned to buy another car from this dealer because I had such a great experience the first time. I was overly impressed during my second experience. Not only was the salesman very knowledgable about the cars on the lot but they really do put there customers first. At no point did I feel pressured nor did we feel like we had to make a decision on the spot. We were given a great price on the new car we purchased and were given a great price on our trade-in vehicle. I returned the second day to retrive some items I left in our trade-in vehicle and I was recignized by name and was taken care of right away. This dealership really does value their customers and treat them in a way that they will return time and time again. I plan to buy my next car in the future from Doug Smith as well.

April 28, 2015

Tyler, We're so happy to hear that your first impression at our dealership was lived up to on your second visit! Our team strives to give excellent service to our customers and we're thrilled to know that everyone at Doug Smith is living up to our standards. Thank you for such a great review. We look forward to seeing you next time! Best,

Awesome customer Serivce

by from American Fork, UT |

I have been looking into purchasing either a GMC or a Chev Tahoe I just happend to drive past the deal ship on my way home a saw both in there lot so when I got home I looked them up and fell in love with the GMC. I did the online request for information and of course it was after hours but I immediately received an email saying someone would contact me in the morning. Thomas contacted me first thing in the morning.cibeasnt able to make it right in but he helped us the next day. I can't believe how easy and stress free the process was and we love our new (to us) 2010 GMC Acadia. I know we will refer everyone to them!!

January 19, 2015

Thanks for leaving us this great review! We are so glad to hear that you were able to get into the 2010 GMC Acadia easily and with no stress! It is a great car and we are glad to hear that you love it! Thanks for coming to us to purchase your car! We hope to see you again soon.