Sterling Acura of Austin

(3.0) 3 Reviews

4801 IH-35 South, Austin, TX 78744

Used 512-691-3800

First service with Sterling will be our last.

by from Austin, TX |

So our brand new 2014 MDX developed a loud buzzing noise at around 1,700rpm. I?ve researched the issue and turns out there?s a service bulletin to correct this related to the VCM turning on/off so I called Sterling for an appointment. That?s where things went south from there: 1.) Loaner Car Issues - Initial phone call on Friday to setup appointment, I was told that I can?t get a loaner car because the service takes ?only? 1.5hrs. I was told it needs to take longer than 2hrs to get a loaner. Fine, took a book with me and was ready to wait in the waiting area. When I get there I?m told I can get a rental only because they don?t have the parts to fix the car and it will be ready the next day. 2.) Timely Service Issues ? Called them Saturday, car not ready. Called them Monday, car still not ready. Called them Tuesday, car not ready. Called them Wednesday, car is ready. OK, great, would have been nice if they called me instead of me having to call them. No one ever called to let us know that vehicle was ready for pickup. 3.) Service Issues ? not sure what they did to our MDX if anything over the 5 days they had it but it still buzzes like it used to. Would have been nice if they test drove it before telling us that it?s ready. 4.) Sales dept. number one priority is to make money off you otherwise they are not interested in your business. So our new MDX was hit on the side by another driver and we?re working with their insurance company to settle a diminished value claim. The insurance company told us to take it to an Acura dealership and get a trade in appraisal to settle the claim so we did. After getting the run around between different sales associates for several days we finally were routed to Jon Boren, the sales manager. Right off the bat Jon made us feel uncomfortable with questions such as ?are you going to trade in your vehicle, well?I can?t help you then? and ?did you buy your vehicle from us, hmmmm?no, well, did you cross shop us when you purchased it.? This went on for a while and finally Jon agreed to write ?something up? for us that we need to present to the insurance company. To make a long story short this went on for over a week, all along we were strung along that they already appraised the car and ?just need to type it up?. After a week of waiting with unreturned phone calls from Jon and constantly being told by the receptionist that he?s ?busy? or ?not on property? we received a call from Jon that he will not give us an appraisal in writing. ?If you were to be trading in the vehicle then it would be different but we can?t just give you an appraisal. There are companies out there that you can pay that will do that for you. Maybe the dealership where you bought it from can give you one.? Thanks Sterling Acura for holding our vehicle for 5 days, giving us stress all week, making empty promises, and accomplishing absolutely nothing!

Great buying experience

by from Austin, TX |

I found Sterling via cars.com while shopping for a TL. I thought that their prices were reasonable compared with other local dealerships, however the quality of their cars were better. On average, for the TLs that I was looking for at least, their vehicles had lower miles for the price than others that I found in the area and they were the only ones in the area with the AWD version of the TL. I also shopped dealerships in Houston and Dallas that had the TL that I wanted and found competitive prices there but ended up staying with Sterling. We had a unique situation come up with our trade-in and the guys at Sterling were both understanding and helpful. Their advice helped us get through the situation even with no commitment from us to buy from them. Their sales process was also much less pressured than some of the others. One dealership in Dallas kept trying to get me to come in the same day despite being told that i am in Austin with a child in school. Nothing like that from Sterling. Even the receptionists make a point of trying to learn your name and make you feel welcome. Overall a great buying experience and I would definitely recommend them.

Sterling Acura of Austin

by from Austin, Texas |

Over priced, only offered pricy solutions which often required a wait time while parts were shipped vs. Providing info about use of Honda parts.