Ray Skillman Westside Auto Mall

5155 Pike Plaza Road, Indianapolis, IN 46254

New 866-529-2664
Used 866-527-1704
Service 877-414-7659

Voted 2012 Indiana Dealer of the Year for Kia, Hyundai, Mazda and Mitsubishi!

Great Serves

by from Indianapolis, IN |

Just summited the application and got pick-up to the dealer ship. Sales man was kind and nice.

Mazda convert

by from Indianapolis, IN |

I had several very specific needs/wants in a new car and Kyle in sales was incredibly accommodating and helpful. He really worked with me to get exactly what I wanted for a very reasonable price.

Renewed faith in Indianapolis Area Dealers!

by from Indianapolis, IN |

For years now I have been going out of the city of Indianapolis and to smaller cities to get the kind of service I expect. The Indianapolis dealers did not care if they had my business or not, and always gave very low trade in values and were not willing to work with me and come down on prices on their new vehicles. They also always tried to pressure me into spending much more then I was able to afford. I recently moved to the near northwest side and thought I would try the Ray Skillman Auto Mall to see if maybe I could find a good dealership in the Indy area. And I was very pleased to find out that they were exactly what I would expect for a dealership to be. George Lewis was the dealer I worked with, and he was extremely knowledgeable and helpful in getting me in a good new car within my budget. He never pressured me to spend more then I could and was very upfront with me, which I really appreciated. In addition, after purchasing the vehicle I ran over something sharp and punctured my tire. I was in a hurry so I could get to work that morning and George was very helpful in helping me get it taken care of. To me that is going above and beyond service! In addition, Ray Skillman gave me more then Kelly Blue book value for my trade in and made sure I had the best pricing to get me into the new car I liked. They are a top notch Dealership in my opinion and will always have my business.

Nervous Buyer put at ease with Jake Morris

by from 46254 |

Jake was welcoming as soon as we pulled into the lot. He seen to our needs without being overly zealous. The lot did not have exactly what we were hoping to find (a specific package and color manual model) but he laid out our options and made sure we were comfortable before, after and during the process. For this buyer who easily gets buyers remorse even after a furniture purchase, both Jake and Chris set my mind at ease and allowed me to enjoy my new purchase. Jake was also great at showing us what the car could do and made me feel like my choices were always the right ones. No high pressure gimmicks and he listed to everything I had to say intently. Thank you Jake for such a pleasant experience!

New to Hyandai, now a fan

by from Plainfield, IN |

I purchased a 2015 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited two months ago at Ray Skillman Hyundai. I thought I would share my impressions of the car and dealer. Buying a car is rated as a stressful event for most people. I had a very positive buying experience with Ray Skillman Hyundai. I met several sales staff, the sales manager and service manager all of whom were friendly. I am a thoughtful buyer who wants to do my research and would never make an impulse purchase on an investment of this size. When appraising my vehicle, I was given printouts from several resources and an explanation of how the trade-in price was decided. I left the dealership to do my own research and in fact visited two more times before making a buying decision. The appraisal price was fair and I never felt pressured to close the deal nor given tactics like ?this price is today only?. As with all dealerships there were lots of add-ons offered like extended warranties, sealants, etc. They accepted my decisions without high pressure. My experience says you will be treated fairly at Ray Skillman. This is the best car I?ve owned since I started driving in 1968 but a statement like that makes no sense without considering the needs and values of the driver. While I have driven vehicles made by all of the major manufacturers, I have only driven SUVs as my personal car for the last 20 years. Historically, getting a vehicle with performance and handling characteristics typical of a sport sedan while maintaining the ability to carry people and things always involved a trade-off, no storage or handling more like a truck. My last car, a 2011 Acura MDX, had performance and handling characteristics like a sports car but could carry family, bicycles, etc. I purchased the Hyundai because of high levels of owner satisfaction, professional reviews, specifications like horse power and legroom equal to or superior to my Acura at almost 10,000 less dollars. The tech options like the touch information display for the GPS and entertainment center rated among the best in class and were a huge improvement over my previous car. After having driven the car daily for two months, I made the right decision. The acceleration and handling are great. I can effortlessly blow past a slowpoke on a two-lane road. In a sharp turn with speed fast enough to cause some slight squealing of the tires, there is little or no body lean. There are programed options for suspension and steering that can be changed to suit the needs of the driver. Fit, finish and build and comfort quality are outstanding. The electronic tech toys like blind spot indicator, automatic lift tailgate and full panoramic sunroof with sliding shade are more in line with what I saw on a higher end Mercedes. Only a lane change warning indicator was missing. I?ve been getting between 17 and 18 miles per gallon but consider this is an almost 300 hp motor and I only believe in two speeds, stop and fast. I will never drive an ?econobox? no matter how much gas mileage it gets. If your needs are similar to mine including high-performance, cutting-edge electronics with the space to fit your bicycle and the family Christmas tree in the rear, I see no reason you will be dissatisfied with this purchase at this dealership.

Great service - above & beyond our expectations

by from Indianapolis, Indiana |

Our salesperson, Barry Morris was fantastic! He was very friendly, knowledgeable, and accommodating. He worked with us for over a week to get the car we wanted and to make sure it was in our budget. Barry allowed us to take the same model car home and keep it for a few days while they acquired the car we wanted from out of state. Barry answered all of questions and took the extra time to demonstrate many of the special options on our CX-9. This is the 3rd car that we have bought from Barry. He is very honest and transparent when discussing the various Mazda models. We have owned a CX-7 that we loved, 2 Mazda 3 's, and now a CX-9. The general manager, Vince was very helpful and made sure that our deal worked out. He agreed to get the car we wanted from another dealer one state away. Chris Muhney reworked things to make sure that we had a warranty that matched our lease and that stayed in our budget. My wife and I were treated great, and we left with an awesome feeling about the car we got and the monthly payment. We would highly recommend Ray Skillman Westside Auto Mall and the 3 people that I have just mentioned.

Great Experience

by from Indianapolis |

I am very pleased! I went to Ray Skillman Automall at the suggestion of a relative who purchased her automobile there a few years ago. We were immediately greeted by a very friendly saleman (Eric). She remembered the name of her salesman and requested his assistance, expressing apologies to Eric who assured us that it was customary for the original associate to assist a returning customer. While waiting for him, I had a chance to view the selections on the lot, and soon found a car in which I was interested. George Lewis was very friendly and kind. He did his homework and "remembered" a few details of my relative's purchase from a few years before. He was not pushy and patiently allowed me to look more closely at the car I was interested in, offering a test drive. Soon afterwards, I was preparing to purchase the car! Dave Canary was equally kind and patient with assisting with financing I could live with. I have no regrets. Unknown to this dealership, I had just come from another location frustrated with lackadaisical service, and I was gun-shy about trying again - I probably would not have gone to Skillman's had the relative I alluded to above not suggested it. What's more, by chance I parked next to a co-worker a few days later who was driving a loaner from Skillman's while her car was being worked on. She noted an equal level of satisfaction and service that confirmed my plan for future car purchases at Skillmans. I have also recommended them to others I know are looking to purchase a vehicle this year! Thanks again for making my car buying experience pleasant and positive.

Excellent Experience!

by from Indianapolis, IN |

I recently purchased a Mazda 3 from Ray Skillman. The only way to describe the experience is excellence at its best! My sales consultant was Dorian Smith. Dorian kept me up-to-date throughout the entire process. He took time to listen to my expectations and then offered me options that would meet my stated objectives. Throughout the process, I felt that he had my best interest in mind and that the process was all about me and my need. I did not, at any time, feel pressured. The care and attention given me made this experience the best experience I've had for a major purchase. It is not every day that one buys a car...having an excellent experience made the process smooth, seamless and stress-free. I would recommend Ray Skillman Westside Auto Center and Dorian Smith to anyone interested in buying a new or used car.

The best dealership ever

by from Indianapolis, IN |

I recently purchased my third pre-owned car from Ray Skillman's Westside Auto Mall and I could not be more pleased. The service I received was phenomenal. I was notified immediately when they received a car that fit my needs, and ended up driving it home that very day. It was an amazingly quick process and I was treated like a queen by everyone. Special thanks to Nathaniel, Austin, and Ron. I will never buy from anyone else as long as I'm in Indy. Thank you so much.I absolutely love my car!

great deal

by from Lafayette, IN |

Went in looking for a used car and came out with a new car that I love. Put me in the car I wanted with the package I wanted for a great deal. Highly recommended.

They did not actually complete "Certified" Inspec

by from Indianapolis, IN |

We bought cars from Ray Skillman twice.. the second time we bought a "Certified" pre-owned Mazda5. However, it turns out they didn't actually Certify it completely. Now, less than 12,000 miles and less than 1 year into owning it, over a thousand dollars in repairs and items on the certification list were totally missed (i.e. matching tires... pretty elementary stuff). Also Our salesman told us first 12 years 12k miles was bumper to bumper-- apparently that was a lie though, we now find out. Worse, they won't do anything to make it right.