Auffenberg Ford North

Service 888-817-7365

Short Drive to Great Value

Great Experience...A St. Louis Buyer

by from St.Louis, Missouri |

I am a loyal Ford customer, but I am not loyal to any dealership. That, however, may change since I have worked with Vicki Robison at Auffenberg Ford in O'Fallon. I did all of my homework before going there. I had a car picked out and was given a reasonable trade-in allowance for my three year old Taurus. There were two things I really appreciated about my experience at Auffenberg. I only worked with Vicki during the negotiation process. Most dealerships if the salesperson can't close the deal on the first offer, the boss comes out with the salesperson, and they will often gang up on a customer..This didnt happen here. The other thing I liked was that I had spoken over the phone with Vicki about wanting all weather OEM black floormats for my Fusion..I had not closed the deal, and yet she went ahead and ordered the mats so they would be there if I decided to buy and they even arrived ahead of me at the dealership! The next day we had a major snowstorm so the mats were pressed into service. I would recommend this dealership to anyone..I used to sell cars myself in my younger years..I advise people to do their homework before they go shopping, but having a nice group of people to work with makes the experience a lot less painful..Kevin

Unappreciated customer

by from Mascoutah,IL |

Let me start by saying that I love my new car. My first experience with this dealership was fine, I went to test drive a car and that was it, but then they harrassed my phone a couple times a day for about 2 weeks. Some days I would be sleeping in preparation for night shift and not only did they call once but a couple times and a couple different people. They just seemed way too pushy and I didnt like the harrassment. When I went back to actually purchase the car, I had an appointment in which they were not prepared for. The car was at a totally different location and I was pushed between two sales people like my business wasnt important since they were really busy that day. I was on a time crunch and I got there with having 2.5 hours to spend there and I made everyone aware of that, but since the car wasnt even on location, I was pushed between two sales people, and they went back and fourth about 5 or 6 times talking to their "boss", I just felt as though they were being unneccessarily slow. I ended up getting the deal that I wanted and needed to be able to afford this car but if they could have obviously done it in the first place I dont see the need for all the back and fourth. We did buy maintanance from them, so I hope that is okay. I feel that for the kind of money that you spend on a car, I wasnt being treated like an important customer, just "another customer". I have bought from smaller dealers in the past and worked the deal directly with the boss who made you feel like an appreciated customer. Lastly, since I was on a time crunch they didnt even have time to finish the vehicle inspection or detail it properly, so I have an appointment for that and hopefully all that checks out or ill be upset.

July 18, 2014

Hi, My name is Elizabeth Durdel and I am the Digital Marketing Manager at Auffenberg Dealer Group. I am very sorry to hear you felt unappreciated during your vehicle purchase with us. I assure you, your business is important to us and we value you as a customer. Please call me at (618) 624-2277 so we can discuss your experience further. Thank you and I hope to hear from you soon.

would have to think hard before buying here again

by from Belleville, Ill |

A friend brought me to Auffenberg I had Avery as my salesperson and he seemed to be helpful if low key, not pushy at all. Since I was on a limited budget Avery and the manager worked to make sure I got the payments I could afford. My problem is that I don't think the car was in the good working order they said it was because the day after I got home the check engine light was on. I did not get any extended warranty because it was too expensive so I called Avery and he said the service department would look at it for no charge. It turned out to be something simple and was fixed however the next day I noticed the air conditioner would blow warm air when it got really warm out. So again I called Avery. This time it took some begging on my part but I got it in to the service dept. again only the guy there said he could find nothing wrong with it BUT he could check it better if I wanted to pay around $140. I am really disappointed because I just assumed the car would have things like air conditioning checked. The other thing that everyone thinking of buying a used car here might like to know is that you will receive a coupon for $300 for a referral if you send someone here and they buy a car. You will never see this money!! The only way is if the person buys a car from the same salesperson you used. However this is nowhere on the coupon. I found this out after giving it to someone who insisted on buying a car from Auffenberg. I called Avery to confirm this (he has got to be tired of me calling) and found out the $300 comes out of his pocket which is why they have to use the same salesperson. I'm sure a lot of people already knew this but I didn't so I'll assume other people don't. I'm upset because the $300 would have paid to get my air conditioner fixed! So, in conclusion, I probably won't buy another car here

July 20, 2014

Hi, my name is Elizabeth Durdel and I am the Digital Manager at Auffenberg Dealer Group. I understand your disappointment with the referral bonus and I apologize for its annoying and confusing situation. I would like to understand it better myself. At your earliest convenience, please contact me at (618) 624-2277 to discuss this further. Thanks and talk to you soon!

Very impressive

by from Bethalto, IL |

Bought a used car and had a couple issues after the car was brought home. Dustin was a great help in getting the couple things resolved and even with issues beyond his control he was able to get my car back at the time specified. He goes above and beyond to make his customers happy.

First Time Buying- Great Success

by from O'fallon, Illinois. |

I searched on the internet for weeks for the perfect car. I found the one at Auffenberg Ford North and wouldn't have expected such wonderful service in the purchasing of my first vehicle. Jeff Gustafson did a wonderful job at making sure I was able to drive it off their lot that day and in a timely efficient manner. He was very informative about the car, very easy to talk to, and persistent in making me feel like I was making the right decision. Which is exactly how I feel after spending plenty of time with the car behind the wheel.

Great experience and patient salesperson

by from Belleville IL |

We had a great experience with Matt Cobb. He was very patient and worked hard at getting the deal that I was comfortable with. The dealership was clean and the free popcorn put the icing on the cake.

Arthur Jackson

by from Ofallon , Il |

I thougt I had found the perfect car a 2006 corvette planned on trading my 2013 camaro with 9800 miles.Told the salesman I didn't want a bunch of inquires on my credit asked them to go through the same credit union that was financing the camaro. Instead they ran my credit through 12 companies except the one I asked them to run it through, worse then that they lied and told me they turned it down when in fact they never ran it by them. My next course of action will be legal I have 12 inquires and no corvette I trusted you guys and you betrayed that trust and wasted my time.

March 20, 2014

Arthur, I am sorry to hear about your frustrations with your most recent visit to our Ford North location. When it comes to financing we try to find the best option available to each person. The options are different for every single situation. Unfortunately we cannot get into credit information on the web, but I would encourage you to call our General Manager, Tony Groves at 618-624-2277 ext 3111 or email at tgroves@auffenberg.com to discuss.

The worst experience ever ....

by from St Louis MO |

I hope that anyone that reads this thinks twice about doing business with this dealership. I had the worst experience ever. long story short can you say " BAIT AND SWITCH" yep would not have guessed car dealers do this , believe me they do. Called 40 minutes before I left to make sure the car I had been talking to them about was still available and was told it was , got in my car drove right over by the time I got there I was informed the car had been sold , then after the shock wore off they asked me if I wanted to test drive another one, well why not , so the sales woman Vicki put me in another vehicle ....right ...$5000.00 more than I could afford, of course. I got in it drove out of the parking lot looked and the gas gauge said ZERO MILES TO EMPTY.....Really she gave me a car to test drive with no gas in it. Needless to say immediately turned around took the car back and her response was " Oh really " no sorry , everyone just ran around this place like chickens with their heads cut off. No one even realized or cared what they had just done to me. I left in tears what a nightmare. another one of my friends was there the same day and said the same , service is horrible left and went somewhere else to buy a car. His Mother was going to come here to buy a car andwe have steered her clear of this place as I would suggest you stay away too. These people are horrible.

March 4, 2014

We sincerely apologize for not living up to your expectations. There is no excuse for sending you out in a vehicle with no gas, I'm sure that was not her intention. We have 40 salespeople that show and sell cars from our inventory. It is not impossible for a car to be sold in a matter of 30 minutes on a busy Saturday. Vicki has worked for us for 10 years and has one of our highest customer satisfaction ratings. We will strive to do better if you choose to come back again. I will personally take care of you to make sure your next experience is up to our standards and yours. Auffenberg has been in business for many years and we always try to give our customers the best service possible. Aaron Paton Ford North Sales Manager apaton@auffenberg.com

Best car buying experience I've had!

by from Belleville IL |

My salesman was/is Dustin Baron and he was a great salesman who I?d recommend to anyone looking for a vehicle. I started looking for a vehicle through my banks car buying service which is what led me to Auffenberg Ford North. Before I even set foot on the dealers lot I had spoken to Dustin over the phone to let him know I wasn?t dead set on the vehicle I chose through my banks service but I did let him know what options I did want on the truck. When I showed up at the dealership to start looking Dustin only showed me trucks with the options I wanted and didn?t try to push anything on me. The entire experience was quick and painless?just the way I like it. I have been back to get a spray-on bed liner (Line-X) and their customer service process was/is great too plus I got the bedliner for $100 less than going direct through Line-X (I called personally and checked). I?ve also got an appointment to get a remote start system installed and so far, both experiences with their customer service have been nothing but good. All-in-all a great car buying experience, keep it up Dustin!

good salesman

by from o'fallon, il |

salesman was attentive to our needs. worked with us till we found a car to fit our budget. very satisfied so far. second vehicle bought from this dealership in eight years.

Thanks Jerry!

by from Paducah, KY |

Jerry Knoche was a great help choosing my car. Thanks for a great deal!