McCarthy Olathe Hyundai

(3.3) 7 Reviews

681 N Rawhide, Olathe, KS 66061

Great buying experience

by from Olathe, KS |

This was the easiest, most pleasant car-buying experience I have ever had. I knew I liked the Santa Fe Sport, but I left knowing that's what I really wanted. Salesman Devin Beavers was very easy to work with, and explained in detail all the advantages and features of this vehicle. He also has followed up with a couple of things following my purchase. I highly recommend McCarthy Olathe Hyundai and Devin!!

McCarthy Olathe Hyundai responded to this review

May 10, 2015

Thank you very much for your feedback and we are pleased to hear that Devin took great care of you before, during and after the sale. We continually train our Sales Professionals to provide excellent customer service and Hyundai product knowledge. Enjoy your new Hyundai Sante Fe Sport.

BEST CAR BUYING EXPERIENCE THUS FAR!!!!

by from PECULIAR, MO |

I initially stated talking to Michael Ball on the internet chat. After our conversation on there I talked to Kim. I told them what it would take for me to get into a car and they did everything they could to get me there! The were very sincere in there attempts to put me in a car to fit my needs! Kim Warner was very knowledgeable of the cars. He was very through in making sure I knew what I needed to know about it. Michael Ball is probably one of the most down to earth Sales Managers I have talked to . The part that most people hate about buying a car is sitting down in the Finance office... but Kent made that part even enjoyable. He answered my questions without tiptoeing around it. This has been my best car buying Experience Thus Far! I will be back and I will be recommending everyone I can to McCarthy Hyundai in Olathe!!

McCarthy Olathe Hyundai responded to this review

April 25, 2015

Thank you very much for taking time to offer the details on your experience at McCarthy Olathe Hyundai. We pride ourselves in providing a comfortable/transparent sales experience. I am glad to hear that Michael, Kim and Kent took great care of you. Dave and the entire Service Department will also be ready to care for all of your vehicle maintenance needs, when that time arises. Have a great weekend.

does NOT take care of customers

by from Olathe, KS |

My dad just started a new job a few weeks ago with a commute over 2 hours away every week. He was excited especially having a new Hyundai that was less than 3 years old. It started dying and would not start multiple times. It has been in and out of the shop multiple times and each time they have guaranteed that they found the problem, but then it would die within a week, leaving him stranded and far away from home. Last week it died again, and they were "unable to fit him in" this weekend to look at him, which kept him stranded away from home an extra week. He has had to pay for a rental car, because he no other option of driving from his hotel to work. My dad, mom and I have all lost time from work, extra gas and time in general trying to get this car picked up at the dealership. They have REFUSED to help pay for time and gas, which I guess is understandable, but they have REFUSED to pay for a rental car even though they are unable to fix the problem and keep dragging it out. It kills me that there are still companies out there today that don't make the customer whole or even go out of their way to help them out. My dad works very hard and commutes every week to work, he should not be stressing about a new car not working and especially about paying for a rental car on top of his car payment when it is not his fault. I hope that McCarthy will make this right.

very unhappy with this dealer

by from Olathe, KS |

my husband and I had been looking for a replacement car for a few weeks and after reading many online reviews on Hyundai, we narrowed it down to the Hyundai Elantra. We came in to this dealer to see two pre-owned cars that they had on the lot. We drove the sedan and looked at the coupe. After finding the carfax online, we realized the sedan had been in an accident and the coupe was clean. The salesman, who was very nice, asked if the price of the coupe was similar to the sedan, would we buy it? We said perhaps. The next day, we decided to drive the coupe. My husband spoke with the salesman and the salesman suggested that he could get the price down to the same as the sedan. My husband texted me this information and we were excited about this deal. We came in to drive the car and were immediately accosted by an obviously new saleman (very unprofessional and uncomfortable). The other salesmen were sitting around watching this over-the-top interaction and obviously amused. We found our salesman and he got the car ready. We drove it and loved it! We sat down to make the deal. The salesman went to talk to the sales manager, who had just gotten the job that day. We were left waiting at least 10 minutes or more. He finally returned and the price of the car had not come down to the previously "agreed" price, it was MORE!!! He offered the sticker price (!), told us that to have it "certified", he would have to add almost $500, since the car was technically "owned" by the Chevy dealership next door under the same name, same company. We were shocked! I don't know if the salesman had not checked with the manager before offering the price or if the manager just wanted to screw with us and thought we would just roll over and take the outrageous deal. We proceeded to leave immediately, extremely unhappy. The manager followed us out to the car, trying to get us to come back in. He gave us no offers to lower the sticker price or anything. He said he would call us later that evening. We went to dinner and waited. He finally called MY phone 2 hours later, instead of calling my husband, whose number he also had (perhaps thinking I was an easy target, being a female?). No message. No calls this morning. We have bought many cars over the years, including new Mercedes, Porsche's and BMW's. We have purchased cars all over the Midwest. We have NEVER been treated this poorly. We were disrespected, flat out lied to, victims of the old "bait-and-switch". If the dealer calls this morning, we are willing to listen. We would still like the car. But we will NOT allow ourselves to be treated with anything less than courtesy and respect. We are the customer! We don't have to buy a car from this dealer! Why should we give them our money???? I will update this review if we are issued an apology and come to fair terms on this vehicle.....and I will change my recommendation. But for now, no, we do not recommend this dealer.

Green Shopper

by from Wichita, Kansas |

Looked at the dealerdhips close to home and could not find the Green color I wanted. I looked to the internet to find something close and did. After several emails and a few calls later I was picking up my new car.Facilities were a little cramped but overall nice.

Bad Experience

by from Olathe, KS |

Very unprofessional atmosphere, salespeople don't seem to care about the customer (just the bottom line), showroom was really cramped and small with tons of employees milling around and chatting amongst themselves. Overall, the experience left me feeling unimpressed and the actual negotiation process was way too time-consuming to ultimately leave empty-handed. Would not recommend.

Found a great car at my price

by from Overland Park, KS |

I looked around at several Hyundai dealerships in the KC area before making my purchase at McCarthy Hyundai in Olathe, KS. I started my search on the internet and knew what I wanted as options on my Sonata and this dealership met my target price where other dealerships could not compete. It was an easy transaction and this has turned out to be one of the best new car purchases that I have ever made.