McCarthy Olathe Hyundai

McCarthy Olathe Hyundai

681 N Rawhide, Olathe, KS 66061

New 888-449-0521
Used 888-441-0284

McCarthy Olathe Hyundai, home of the $1,000 price guarantee!

Found a great car at my price

by from Overland Park, KS |

I looked around at several Hyundai dealerships in the KC area before making my purchase at McCarthy Hyundai in Olathe, KS. I started my search on the internet and knew what I wanted as options on my Sonata and this dealership met my target price where other dealerships could not compete. It was an easy transaction and this has turned out to be one of the best new car purchases that I have ever made.

very unhappy with this dealer

by from Olathe, KS |

my husband and I had been looking for a replacement car for a few weeks and after reading many online reviews on Hyundai, we narrowed it down to the Hyundai Elantra. We came in to this dealer to see two pre-owned cars that they had on the lot. We drove the sedan and looked at the coupe. After finding the carfax online, we realized the sedan had been in an accident and the coupe was clean. The salesman, who was very nice, asked if the price of the coupe was similar to the sedan, would we buy it? We said perhaps. The next day, we decided to drive the coupe. My husband spoke with the salesman and the salesman suggested that he could get the price down to the same as the sedan. My husband texted me this information and we were excited about this deal. We came in to drive the car and were immediately accosted by an obviously new saleman (very unprofessional and uncomfortable). The other salesmen were sitting around watching this over-the-top interaction and obviously amused. We found our salesman and he got the car ready. We drove it and loved it! We sat down to make the deal. The salesman went to talk to the sales manager, who had just gotten the job that day. We were left waiting at least 10 minutes or more. He finally returned and the price of the car had not come down to the previously "agreed" price, it was MORE!!! He offered the sticker price (!), told us that to have it "certified", he would have to add almost $500, since the car was technically "owned" by the Chevy dealership next door under the same name, same company. We were shocked! I don't know if the salesman had not checked with the manager before offering the price or if the manager just wanted to screw with us and thought we would just roll over and take the outrageous deal. We proceeded to leave immediately, extremely unhappy. The manager followed us out to the car, trying to get us to come back in. He gave us no offers to lower the sticker price or anything. He said he would call us later that evening. We went to dinner and waited. He finally called MY phone 2 hours later, instead of calling my husband, whose number he also had (perhaps thinking I was an easy target, being a female?). No message. No calls this morning. We have bought many cars over the years, including new Mercedes, Porsche's and BMW's. We have purchased cars all over the Midwest. We have NEVER been treated this poorly. We were disrespected, flat out lied to, victims of the old "bait-and-switch". If the dealer calls this morning, we are willing to listen. We would still like the car. But we will NOT allow ourselves to be treated with anything less than courtesy and respect. We are the customer! We don't have to buy a car from this dealer! Why should we give them our money???? I will update this review if we are issued an apology and come to fair terms on this vehicle.....and I will change my recommendation. But for now, no, we do not recommend this dealer.

Green Shopper

by from Wichita, Kansas |

Looked at the dealerdhips close to home and could not find the Green color I wanted. I looked to the internet to find something close and did. After several emails and a few calls later I was picking up my new car.Facilities were a little cramped but overall nice.

Bad Experience

by from Olathe, KS |

Very unprofessional atmosphere, salespeople don't seem to care about the customer (just the bottom line), showroom was really cramped and small with tons of employees milling around and chatting amongst themselves. Overall, the experience left me feeling unimpressed and the actual negotiation process was way too time-consuming to ultimately leave empty-handed. Would not recommend.