Colonial Subaru

89 Newtown Rd, Danbury, CT 06810

New 866-406-1474
Used 866-968-7047
Service 877-795-9711

Colonial Subaru has been a perennial sales leader in New England over the past 15 years and still going!

2014 Impreza XV Sales Experience

by from Fairfield county CT |

Colonial Subaru. . .always nice people and my sales rep Joe D'ercole was very professional, knowledgeable, patient, and helpful. Nick in Finance was informative and efficient. Gary, previous-owned vehicle manager is fantastic and recommend seeing his team when purchasing a vehicle.

Sales/Service

by from Gaylordsville, CT |

Buying a car from Joe D'Ercole is one great. We, as a family, have now purchased 4 cars from him, and he is fantastic to deal with! We had a pre-conceived notion of what we wanted, and he made it happen within our budget. We had our first Service Dept. experience today with the new car, and it was incredible. Between the Valet parking, the loaner car, and the friendliness of the staff, it was a pleasure instead of a chore! So far, so good! Looking forward to doing more business with Joe and with this dealer!

Poor Customer Service

by from Danbury, CT |

Some months back we were looking for a new car. The dealers really didn't seem interested in selling us a car so we pursued a car from another Subaru dealership instead. Fast forward to today, needed to get the car serviced and this was the closest dealership. The service center was rude and implying that we didn't try to fix the problem on our own first, didn't have any record of the loaner we specifically requested, and actually seemed to be bothered by the fact we didn't take it back to the dealership we bought the car from. Fine then guy, we will take it back there from now on and give them our business.

Great Sales experience and the best service staff

by from Danbury, CT |

I have been a loyal customer of Colonial Subaru for the past 8 years. I have purchased or leased approx. 8 or so cars as well as brought friends and relatives in to purchase vehicles. I have always been treated with respect and professionalism from the sales staff, Joe D'Ercole and George Samaha, Sales Manager. They are truly a pleasure to deal with and at the same time make purchasing a vehicle a positive experience. I have received feedback from friends I have brought in to Colonial saying the exact same thing. Joe D'Ercole, George Samaha, Art Azzarito, Casey Breen, Melissa, John Chaber and all the rest of the Service Staff are the best people to deal with in the industry. They should all be commended for a job well done.

2011 Subaru Impreza

by from Bethel, CT |

Overall, this was a pretty painless process. We knew the car we wanted to buy and test drove two options. We negotiated and came to an agreed upon price. We were promised a full tank of gas but only got 3/4 tank. That was the only disappointment.

Great service! Excellent salesperson!

by from New Milford, CT |

We purchased our second used Subaru last week. We had purchased the first one in 2007 from Colonial as well. We added over 150k miles to the already 91k on that car so of course we went back to get another Subaru. Our salesperson, Erwin, was friendly and knowledgeable. He followed up with us to see how the car was and if we were satisfied. Very nice car buying experience! And we are very happy with our vehicle! We will definitely purchase our next vehicle from them!

great experience

by from Bethel, CT |

Excellent reception from the time I entered to the time I left. I have seven Subaru's between my wife and I and have loved each one.I have leased two WRX's a legacy, impreza, Tribeca and purchased a used vehicle. The salesmen are very experienced, knew their product well. George the GM was extremely pleasant and has remembered me from past purchases. Feels good to walk in to a dealership and see the same faces. Financing was always a breeze. Got excactly what I wanted every time i.e. color, model and options. I have purchased other vehicles from area dealers and always felt pressurede by pushy salesman, never at Colonial.

The WORSE customer service I have ever experienced

by from Mahopac, NY |

I walked in with my mother ready to buy a Forester in cash & although there were two salesmen at the entrance having a conversation & 11 employees in the showroom, NOT ONE of them greeted us. When I slowly walked through the front door & made eye contact with the two gentlemen & they didn't say a word, I assumed to continue walking. I then approached an employee to ask where I could find the sales dept., he pointed behind me & said,"Right behind you. You walked passed them." After going up to one of the salesmen to ask for help, our salesman was completely unorganized although claiming to have 25 years experience in the industry. He didn't have the keys to test drive the car although he took us outside in the cold to point at the cars he had. Maybe he didn't think we looked like we could buy a car? Well...I don't know. Anyway, after test driving three cars & sitting down, he fed us a few lines that made me realize, "this man really is full of it & does have experience in not respecting a woman's intelligence." With that we decided to think about it & left. AGAIN...no one saying,"bye/ anything". AMAZING! We checkout another dealership & had an extraordinary experience from beginning to end. Then I recv'd a call from Don, the salesman & when I shared my disappointment in the customer service experience, he became combative instead of apologetic. I hung up on him because I didn't need further disrespect from this establishment.

Great People to work with. Great experience for us

by from Danbury Ct |

Joe D'ercole was a wonderful salesman. He carefully explained every detail as we went through the buying process. We tried many cars and it was no trouble, we were very picky. Joe made us very comfortable, asking to try every model new and used. Joe was always ready to show a different model and explain all about it.He was very helpful.It was fun actually. Also Nick Forese, who did the finance paperwork made it a breeze. He was conversational but direct to the transaction and we has a good time talking about the warranty and all about the transaction , we were very pleased and never felt pressured or uneasy . We will surely come back here for our next Subaru purchase.

Rooked

by from New Milford, CT |

The initial buying process was great, easiest car buying process ever. Then things got ugly. Late April 2013 we ordered a new 2013 Outback. At the time of sale, we were told we could have the car we wanted in any color except the color we wanted. Since we were firm on our color choice, we were told they would order one from the factory, it would take six weeks. No problem. Find out 4 weeks later, they NEVER ORDERED the car and now it's too late to order 2013 cars and too early to order 2014 cars. They NEVER ordered our car! They kept hoping one with our package and color would show up at another dealer!

Kelsi Pardon

by from Danbury |

This was my third Subaru, all from Jim. The Outback seemed a good choice. If my rating was based on my experience with Jim., my salesperson, all the numbers would have been 5's. He was very helpful, letting me road test 2 vehicles, and very helpful in explaining the various features. I would highly recommend Jim as salesperson. My reason for 4's instead of 5's overall, was because of the pressure I felt to purchase an extended warranty after I declined at the start.