CarMax Laurel Toyota

(3.7) 7 Reviews

8801 Freestate Drive, Laurel, MD 20723

Great service

by from Laurel,md |

I went in and everyone was so helpful! Baffae! Incorrect spelling! He was fantastic with me! We had no problems! Told me my pros and cons and was even extra helpful in my car selection! I didn't buy a car that day bit when I do go back it's to him!

April 26, 2012

Thanks for the kind review, 1st time buyer! We?re glad that you had a great first experience with CarMax. Hope to see you soon!

Very poor service, over charging on top of service

by from Laurel, MD |

I have serviced my highlander twice with this dealership in last 6 month. First experience was average, however last one on 11/30/2015 was horrible. Service personal named Cristin has very poor attention and screw-up my last appointment. I asked her to remind to the service man about yellow tire alert on a dashboard. Don?t know if she took a not, but guess what, nothing was done. After 5pm when I come back to pick my car, the yellow alert was remaining on dashboard. Nerveless, I returned back to dealership after five minutes and demanded explanation. The other customer service lady took my request promptly, and offered me to wait in customer service hall while she would take care of the problem. After approx. 30-45 min she came back and told me that problem is fixed. It was fine at that time, I was very tired by that time and just drove to home. A day later this yellow alert is back again. Also, I noticed later on my bill that she did not apply service offer (a print-out coupon). Well, this is really-really bad experience?

Easy Peasy!

by from Rockville, MD |

We drove up to Laurel from Rockville because the Rockville Carmax was a disaster (poor customer service, no responses to emails, etc). In about 90 min, we left with the car. Financing was a piece of cake, customer service was fantastic. I would only buy used cars from Carmax.

No Toyota quality customer service

by from Baltimore, MS |

I drove up to the Laurel Toyota on 4 Jan 2014 since it was the closest Toyota dealer and my vehicle was experiencing issues and overheating. It was about 4:15 on a Saturday afternoon when I arrived at the service department of the Laurel Toyota Carmax. When I drove up no one approached my vehicle to inquire what I might have needed for the first 5 min (even though there were about 4 men shining on the cars that were in the reception/exit area. So I walked into the service counter area. The lady at the counter was busy counting change and refused acknowledged that I had walked. I stood there for about another 5 min before one of the service techs walks in and goes behind the counter and starts playing with the computer. Mind you, no one has said anything to me at this point. After a few moments, the woman who was so diligently counting the change at the counter tells the guy at the computer that I still needed to be helped. What am I invisible? He asks what I needed and I proceeded to explain to him that while driving down the road my SUV started smoking and several of the warning lights had came on. He tells me that he doesn't have any service techs available to look at my vehicle. Umh, I guess the 4 guys I saw as I walked up were invisible also??? So I tried to explain to him that this was an emergency situation but he basically told me" there was nothing he could do for me today and that I would have to come back on Monday". I asked he could keep my vehicle and offer me a loaner so that I would not have to chance getting stranded on the side of the road with a vehicle that was overheating. The response was, "we don't do loaners". Really?? I've been a Toyota owner since my first car I purchased, a 1980 Toyota Tercel and I have never experienced such a poor excuse for customer service from any Toyota service department. Laurel Toyota Carmax does not deserve to wear the name of Toyota because this service department is no where indicative to the standard of service that Toyota takes pride in for their customers. I will not ever attempt to use this service center again nor will I ever refer anyone else to use it.

BUYING A NEW CAR EXPERIENCE

by from Annapolis, MD |

We were greeted by Steve Yang as we walked in. We informed him that we had been looking at the Toyota Highlander at another dealership and told him of our desired options. After years of buying cars the old fashioned way, Steve was a breath of fresh air as he explained the 'Carmax' way of doing business. No more 'let me see if the Manager will go for this' and go back and forth, back an forth. Steve answered all of our questions and arranged for our desired color and told us what our payments would be right up front. We couldn't be happier after dealing with Steve and CarMax/ They are right' 'That's the way car buying should be'...So, if you want a great deal and fantastic personal service, ask for Steve Yang

Great Service!

by from Mount Airy Md |

Steve Yang was extra helpful, professional, and patient with our purchase. Juan who was training with him was the same. We initially went in to look at an Avalon, but actually ended up with a Venza. Steve was great through the whole process and got us a fantastic Toyota financing rate. I would not think twice about buying from Steve or Carmax Toyota again.

October 25, 2012

Hi there! I am so happy that you had a great customer experience at CarMax. Enjoy your new Venza! ~kelsey

Purchased a Car

by from Nigeria |

I purchaed a used Toyota Corolla 2006 model which is in a good condition.

October 28, 2011

Maimala, we hope you are enjoying your new Corolla! Thank you for the review.