Fox Toyota Subaru

188 Grant Ave, Auburn, NY 13021

New 888-304-5746
Used 888-304-3859
Service 866-640-7826

We'll Make the Deal that YOU Want to Make!

Very pleasant experience

by from Marathon |

I can only speak for the experience of the purchase as I have just bought the truck. I couldn't have found it easier and more pleasant. Jamie was great as well as the rest of the staff. If everything else goes like this then I will be back for the next purchase.

Quick responce

by from Albany NY |

I made an inquiry about a vehicle on the website. I was called by Sarah within 10 minutes. I am 150 miles from dealer.

Mediocre

by from Syracuse ny |

Bought a pre-owned car from Fox. I got the price I wanted however the experience was less than memorable. Arranged to close the deal and pick-up the car at a set time. My salesman was there when we arrived and then disappeared for over an hour. He came back and said he was out doing a delivery even though we were there at our scheduled time. A couple of days after getting the car home I washed it. Discovered numerous nicks and scratches in the paint that weren't visible when I picked it up. They most likely used black wax to cover them up. The one bright spot was Casey, the Internet Manager. She was very attentive and helpful throughout the process.

DON'T BUY AT THIS DEALER

by from Auburn, NY |

Ok to start I saw the Nissan X-Terra, on the internet, I called and asked for a test drive (I saw 2 different cars I liked, when I got there one was already sold but test drove one just like it, I liked the X-terra better). I saw the Window price and told Jamie it was on the their website for $2000 less then window price, he said I might be thinking of a different car (I could have been I looked at a lot of cars on the website). I had to get back to work, asked if I would bring by wife back to see it and also to see if we could afford it. I got home and talked to my wife and looked it up on the their website and there it was priced at $2000 less, so I took a picture & printed it out. My wife and I went back to dealership (Jamie was working with a different customer) but I looked at both cars again. we sat down to wait for Jamie, another guy named Matt started helping, Matt said he was helping until Jamie get could get back to us (ok no problem). I showed the paper work and the picture to Matt (come to find out Matt is the site Manager) said he we would accept the one from the website b/c that's what it was advertised for (then he made what I thought was a joke " Today we can accept that price, tomorrow is a different story" then he laughed). When Jamie got back with us I showed him the paper and used their internet access to show them their own site and the price. We went over the monthly payment to see if my family could afford it (thinking I was getting it for the website price). Was told it had to go to the shop to tune it up, I has happy with that no one wants a car they have to fix up after they bought it, I was told it would be ready by Tuesday. Both my wife and I took 1/2 day off from work to get paper work filled out, at the last hour got a message it was not ready, it will be ready Thursday I could come at noon for it. Thursday come I was already on my way and got another phone call it still was not ready (lost more time at work), but they will drive it to my house to fill out paper work, I was ok with this. When Jamie got there we went over the paper work and I saw that the other guy was not joking and they went with the window price (and they also forgot to add in the money we where putting down) we signed the wrong paper work but Jamie said he would come to my place of work so my wife and I could sign the right one with the down payment, which he did the next morning. but it was still at the window price not the website price....If it was not for me needing a different car I would have not bought it for this price...then I took it for a ride around the block after every thing was in my name. when I started up the X-terra I saw a warning light on. I got a hold of Jamie and he said they would fix it. I made an appointment and drove over to wait for it to be fixed (was told it would only take an hour) after an hour of waiting I asked how much longer the mechanic said it will be another 3 hours... I walked up to Matt and told him I cant wait another 3 hours asked if they had a rental car till it was done they said "no" I could take my car and set up another appointment (which I already had b/c they had to fix a broken seat belt). Matt told me b/c I wasted my gas and time he would make sure my car had gas put in it before I picked it up at the next appt. so a week later I dropped off my car and was told there would be a rental waiting for me, there was no such thing I had to wait again for them to find me a car to get to work which I was late for b/c of this problem. any way The car was not done I had to wait again 1 week for my car to get done...Then when I picked it up the gas that was in it was less then what I left it with by 1/4 tank.......again they did not follow through on what they said they would!!!

Terrible dealership

by from Upstate New York |

This dealer was unbelievable.. I bought a one owner Toyota Tacoma that was supposedly taken care of by fox it's whole life. This was a Toyota certified truck. I really liked it and decided to buy it. After a few weeks I started having issues when the battery light kept coming on. Turns out the wonderful Toyota gold warranty doesn't cover this. Then the leaf springs broke, not from overloading it since the only thing I had in the bed was a few gallons of gas for the mower. Turns out this isn't covered either...... Then after three months, the few layers of rust proofing they told me they put on under a Toyota check all came off and the crossmember had a hole in it. The whole frame had lots of weak spots. I called the dealer and they denied rustproofing it. I was then told to not worry and that they would find me another truck. i never got any phone calls for tree months and i would find other cars and trucks that i like and nothing worked for them. i got very annoyed after awhile and just tried to contact the owner jane fox and she never called me back the head of resources called me and said that i was being rude and there was nothing they could do. This is a very shifty overpriced dealer who makes empty promises to get the sale. I will never do business and will not recommend them. This will be the last Toyota I but because of this dealership.

unsasitifyed and disrespected

by from Auburn, ny |

I am from out of state and had car trouble in the area. I let the staff know that there was a lot riding on my repair. They refused to rent me a car and the repair was delayed the first time for clerical errors and delayed the second time due to a lack of attention. The staff was non apologetic for their short comings and talked down to me as if I was unintelligent. The staff including the manager need to remember that they are in a competitive business environment where customer service is appericated when people are spending large amounts of there hard earned money. I would not take my business there unless you enjoy being talked to like a 3 year old, charged more thank your estimated cost, and taking double the amount of time for your repairs to be completed.

Buying a Car

by from Rochester NY |

I purchased a Jeep Grand Cherokee from Jamie at Fox Subaru. My buying experience was pleasant because Jamie did everything he could to make the process accommodating. The only dissatisfaction I experienced with the dealership is that they let me leaving the parking lot with my new Jeep on empty. I was basically running on fumes.

That was easy.

by from Ithaca, Ny |

I purchased a Certified Pre-Owned Subaru from Jim Hartman. He helped get me the car I wanted at a very fair price, without any high pressure sales tactics. I would buy there again.

Deceptive listing practice

by from Titusville, FL |

Their internet listing for an appealing vehicle was left online after the car was no longer available. I've seen this time and time again at dealership after dealership -- so you'll contact them and they can say "sorry, we don't have that, can we interest you in these others?". This is a deceptive bait-and-switch style tactic, and needs to stop.

Tried to buy a car twice...

by from Auburn |

All salesmen were busy the two days I was there. Left my name, number and email address and was promised someone would get back to me ASAP. A little less than a month later I recieved an email inquiring if I was still looking for a vehicle. Informed them I had purchased a new vehicle in Syracuse two days after I visited their showroom. Because of their lack of customer service and inventory, I was forced to go to another Subaru dealer.

Very Unsatisfactory Experience

by from Lansing, NY |

We had an appointment scheduled several days in advance. When we arrived no one knew about the appointment or even what vehicle we had set up to look at. We waited an hour and they finally found the van. It was filthy inside the vehicle. Very disappointing after driving quite a distance on a Sunday out of the way. Will not return here again.