Toyota Scion of Grand Rapids

2555 28th Street Southeast, Grand Rapids, MI 49512

Rude service! If I could return my Rav4 I would!

by from Grand Rapids, MI |

I wish I could rate this zero stars and if I could return my Rav4 I would not because of the quality of the car, but simply because of the rude service. You don't deserve my business! To the coward who works at Toyota of Grand Rapids who called me in regards to MY survey online. Yes my survey! As in my experience, my opinion! Who refused to tell me his name when I repeatedly ask you think you're so bad through the phone, but thanks to you and your very rude customer service calling me and being upset about me "bashing" you on a survey you sent me to comment on? Due to actions I feel a need to let the public know NOT to spend money there. Obviously by all the star ratings you have on here you should know it's not my attitude that needs an adjustment it's obviously your staff. I won't go into details of how I was treated there, but I can tell others don't waste your time at Grand Rapids of Toyota I should have went to Kool Toyota in Plainfield instead. I will be contacting your general manager there and will be contacting your corporate office. Thank you for ruining your company's image! (To the employee who was upset about my low survey scores you obviously know who I am so please feel free to contact me since you do have my cell on file if you're upset about me posting this comment also! :)

Toyota Scion of Grand Rapids responded to this review

August 28, 2014

Thank you for your review, Jenny. Customer feedback is always encouraged and appreciated. We are sincerely sorry you are unhappy with your experience with Toyota Scion of Grand Rapids. Meeting guest expectations is our number one priority, and this is why a Toyota representative contacted you. Your satisfaction, and the satisfaction of all our guests is important to us, and we want to make sure we do everything in our power to provide prompt and transparent customer service now and always. We hope to see you again in the future. Please feel free to call us at (616)-574-8100 or stop in during business hours, and we will be more than happy to address any concerns you may have. Sincerely, Mike Udell Toyota Scion of Grand Rapids General Manager

Small Business Owner

by from Grand Rapids, MI |

I own and operate a very small business, and was in a pickle about eight months ago. The car I used to transport clients had died. I decided to search for a hybrid and bought my first Prius from Larry S. It became the best decision I ever made. The loan process was quick and painless. The car an exceptional value for me. Since then Larry found me a second Prius, and again an easy process. My business is growing and I'm glad Toyota of GR was a part of it. I appreciate Larry always looking out when I needed something and for the dealership being quick and thorough. Thank you!

The worst service with the worst people!

by from Grand Rapids, MI |

I got new Sienna with the feature which we did not want to have, but never knew of it. So we claimed, both GM of customer care and woman deal with internet order yelled at me over the phone, though it is clearly their fault that they never asked us if we want that feature or want to remove while we were discussing about additional options. Now I got to go to BBB to file the claim. Can you believe they yell at customer buying new car?

Great Toyota Care

by from Grand Rapids, Michigan |

Toyota Care came to the rescue. My daughter hit a pothole and blew the tire. Called Toyota and told them her 2012 car was 1000 miles over expiration miles for roadside assistance. It was 11:15 pm, customer service rep. said " we will have someone out shortly, no charge". Fifteen minutes later, before I got to where she was, she called and said the tow truck was there already. Thanks for taking such great care of your customers.

Great service.

by from kalamazoo,MI |

Great service, was able to get an excellent deal within a day. I would definitely work with them again and recommend a friend. Thank you Toyota Grand Rapids.

would definitely go back to this dealer

by from Big Rapids, MI |

Having looked at multiple cars at other dealers online, this dealership offered the most fair and attractive pricing as well as great quality cars. I didn't even bother going anywhere else. Three of my family members have bought cars here in the last couple of weeks and we have all felt like we got great deals and treated fairly. Larry Slotsema helped me feel a lot less stressed about having to buy a car and made everything as easy as possible, which is great when you're 9 months pregnant! Great experience, great people, great dealership.

Very good experience at Toyota Grand Rapids

by from Newaygo MI |

We recently purchased a 2010 Toyota Sienna and were very pleased with Larry Slotsema's help and the attention he paid to making sure he went over the workings and details of the vehicle with us. He was patient, friendly and didn't pressure us. We really were impressed with him and with the facilities at Toyota Grand Rapids.

Great service at Toyota of Grand Rapids

by from Huntsville, Texas |

My wife and I are visiting Grand Rapids from our home in Huntsville, Texas. On our drive up, we experienced heavy storms, and we discovered our wiper blades were in bad shape. I took our Highlander to Toyota of Grand Rapids, where Blaine in the service department took the time to replace the blades himself. He was very professional and showed genuine hospitality to some out of town customers. Thanks much Blaine.

Excellent sales & service, so-so financing

by from Grand Rapids, MI |

We just purchased our third new vehicle from Toyota of Grand Rapids. From years of experience we can testify that the service is impecable. The facilities are absolutely first rate and appealing, and the sales staff is friendly, courteous and extremely helpful (Thanks, Jan!!!!). So why am I giving this review only 4 stars? The buying/financing left something to be desired. This time, instead of buying the vehicle, we decided to lease it. This where the problem arose. The gentleman who handled the financing tried very hard to sell us what he called a "gap" policy, which covered the difference between the lease value and what the insurance would pay in the event the vehicle was totalled in the first few years of the lease. He quoted a price of a little over $20 per month for this and was quite pursuasive that we really needed it and that almost everybody bought it.. In addition, we had to accept it right then and there. We couldn't wait and buy it later. We declined and once we got home we called our insurance company (AAA) to inquire if they had a similar policy. Wow! Were we glad we declined Toyota's offer! We got the very same "Gap" coverage that Toyota wanted $20+/month for. AAA's price: $18 per year!!!!! Now we can see why Toyota wanted to sell us this plan so bad. If you take this plan for 3 years, the normal time of the lease, you would be paying $720 to Toyota as opposed to $44 to AAA for the same thing! Watch out folks. If you decide to lease your vehicle, check with your insurance company BEFORE you sign the papers for your new car. Doing so may save you a significant amount of money.

A wonderful leasing experience.

by from Grand Rapids MI |

In 2007 I leased a Toyota Pruis from Toyota/Scion of Grand Rapids, and when the lease period was up, I purchased the car. All of my service was at the dealership. I found all of the sales and service staff to be top notch. Because of my positive experiences there, when I decided to lease another Pruis, I stayed with this dealership. Our sales and leasing consultant was Alfred Luke and I can't say enough positives about his professional and personable manner. It took me awhile to decide and Al never pushed me. He always was there to take time to answer questions and to explain the details. He became a very friendly face at the dealership. In all of my years with the dealership I never had a complaint with the staff and service. The service staff always took time to make sure that my car was kept in great shape and they treated me like my business and satisfaction was important to them. Al and the sales manager and financial person all made sure that I was satisfied and that all of my questions were answered. I'm a big fan of Toyota/Scion of Grand Rapids and I always recommend them to my friends.