Toyota of Hackensack

Service 888-321-0486

Your Go 2 Guys for your next New or Pre-Owned Vehicle

2014 Highlander Xle

by from Fair Lawn |

So I was in the market for a new 2014 Black Highlander. After calling two other Toyota dealerships and them both telling me " That I have to wait at least a month" and "There are no discounts on that vehicle" I spoke with Rich @ Hackensack he mentioned they had the 2014 Highlander in stock and available and that he would hold the vehicle for me till I got there. Guess what it was actually there!!!!! (Shocker!!!!) After a test drive and a discount we took delivery that night. Staff was fantastic and the manager Mario was wonderful. There my new Toyota dealer thank you. Meagan J

May 3, 2014

Thank you so much for your purchase. Please let us know if you ever need any assistance.

Outstanding Sales Staff

by from Mahwah, NJ |

I was looking to trade in my 2002 Rav4 that needed major transmission work, for a new Rav 4. On July 4, I visited a dealership 5 minutes from my home in Mahwah, I was given a price, no test drive and was told they would look at my old Rav, which was sitting in their service department, and get back to me with a trade in price.. Got a call back, on July 5, from the Sales Manager, he had not looked at my car yet. I called the salesman on July 9 and was told again that his Manager would call me back, and that they were going to discuss it that afternoon. I never heard from them, so several days later I got my car out of the service department and went to Toyota of Hackensack. Here I am a customer who needs to buy a car, but apparently the other dealership was not interested in making a sale. As a woman buying a car on her own the process can be intimidating. But I did my homework, knew exactly what I wanted, checked the going MSRP, dealer invoice prices, manufacturer?s rebates, and what others were paying for the same car in my area, etc. Finding and going to the right dealer can make all the difference in the world. At Toyota of Hackensack, I had a wonderful sales experience. The Sales Manager, Michael Park, immediately took me for a test drive, and in detail pointed out all the differences between my 2002 RAV and the features of the new one. We sat down and did some negotiation on price. He was soft spoken, I was treated with respect, no mind games, no hard sell tactics, no pressure to make an immediate decision. He then asked what could be done for our numbers to come closer, we agreed on a price and the deal was closed. He then turned me over to Sales Representative, Ana Mayers who helped with the rest of the transaction and with the other details. She offered to go over anything else that I might have questions about. While I was waiting, there was another woman there who bought a car on her own for her daughter she was all smiles as well. She came over to congratulate me and told me how happy she was with her purchase. I picked up my car the following day, was greeted by Michael and Ana, then introduced to Ozzie, the Financial Mgr. who had me sign all the paperwork. It was very evident that they all treated each other with the utmost respect, and that is reflected in the way they treat their customers. I regularly read reviews on line to help me make decisions on which products or brands to purchase and which businesses to frequent, but have never posted one of my own. Because of the excellent quality of service, respect and real caring that I received, I felt compelled to write this review. I would definitely recommend Toyota of Hackensack, and especially Michael and Ana when you are in the market for buying a Toyota.

Lack of Customer Service and Care

by from Newyork, NY |

I was Interested in financing a 2011 Toyota Sienna LE that they had on stock, and it did not work out. The financing rates given were completely unreasonable based on my credit score and back ground. I did some research about how the financing process works between dealers and the banks, and it turns out they get a commission from the finance loans,and they can negotiate your rates directly with the bank. They weren't able to meet my number for monthly payments, and didn't even considering lowering the 2011 Toyota Sienna LE price or bring up my trade value to match my requirements. Dealerships hate when well informed customers want to do business because they cant sucker the customer out of a dime. They just lost a serious buyer over greedy practices. It's not like you see it in the commercials. Specifically for this Toyota dealership, customers come last. What a shame.

August 11, 2014

Hello I am sorry to hear that we were not able to secure a loan for you that met your desired terms. Unfortunately there are instances where no further flexibility exists on the vehicle sale price or trade-in value since those evaluations are based solely on existing market conditions. If I can assist you further, please contact Mike Park at 201-488-7777. Thank you.

Poor experience

by from Hackensack NJ |

Stay away from these people, they lie, try to pressure you, They use every trick in the book to get you to sign, and when you do good luck if you ever need them again. They're a sleazy group, go somewhere else.

May 3, 2014

Hello Allen I am sorry to hear that you did not have a satisfactory experience. Please contact Mike Park at 201-488-7777 and I will be happy to offer you my assistance in addressing your concerns.

Uneven experience

by from Jersey City, NJ |

I did not end up purchasing a car from here, but Melissa from sales was great, and they were very flexible on used car pricing. The other manager I dealt with acted annoyed with multiple people who would not pay the full listed price for the used car, even as he was negotiating the price down significantly. Not a great negotiating technique.

May 3, 2014

Hello I apologize that you did not have a completely satisfactory experience. If you would like to discuss, please contact Mike Park at 201-488-7777. Thank you.

excellent

by from long island |

Travelled from long island to see a used vehicle I found on cars. com. Everyone I dealt with was professional and excellent. Jay Rim the internet manager promptly responded to my questions and provided some photographs of the vehicle which has just been listed. I then dealt with Bill James as the salesman and took the vehicle for a test drive. Bill was very attentive, excellent customer service and not overbearing regarding trying to sell me the vehicle. He went over and above regarding my inquiry. I then discussed some financing options with Mario who was very knowledgeable and again went over and above regarding customer service. Highly recommend the dealership

May 3, 2014

Thank you for your purchase. We truly appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

Great service

by from Garfield, nj |

The man who helped me was very helpful. He seemed to do everything he could to help me out and that's what you need when looking at cars. I had gone previously to have my oil changed and it was done quicker than they had anticipated. I was very pleased.

February 4, 2014

Thank you so much for choosing Toyota of Hackensack!

great place in orange & sullivan counties NY

by from middletown, NY |

they were a good dealership. they have lots of used rentals on lot. but you must know what stock numbers you want to look at & test drive. else as other dealers they will try to sell you what they want off the lot. for price they use the good cop bad cop game. but when you get a deal have it all written out before you sign anything. all so check over all docs on pick up day. they have a way of adding on fees that were never discussed. but what else is new.

February 4, 2014

Thank you for choosing Toyota of Hackensack for your vehicle purchase

Great staff!

by from New jersey |

Gabriel from internet sales was amazing! He was able to meet all the things i asked for buying the car, the pictures of the car and some info about it! I bought a 2003 nissan 350z. I love the car! Steve the sales rep was very helpful too giving us a good deal with the price of the car! The wait time was not good that they dont have that much staff from financing that day, we waited more than an hour to sign the papers! Overall great staff from sales department!

February 4, 2014

Thank you so much for choosing Toyota of Hackensack! It was our pleasure to assist you.

Melissa is great

by from Bronx, NY |

I didnt go in to the dealer to view the cars I seen on the web. But Melissa from internet sales, was great. She continuously followed up with me. She was very nice and pleasant. I wish all sales were this courteous.

February 4, 2014

Thank you so much for choosing Toyota of Hackensack!

GREAT EXPIERENCE!!! GREAT PRICE!!!

by from North Jersey |

First of all, the negative reviews are from customers that may have had a bad day. My experience was a great one! I got a new Camry in record time and a great price. There is always going to be some that may not have such a great buying experience (no matter where you go) but keep in mind that these guys are #1 for a reason. I did my research and this was the place for me to buy my car and will be back again.

August 24, 2013

Thank you so much for your business! We truly appreciate the opportunity. Have a wonderful day.