Toyota of Puyallup

New 866-454-0856
Used 866-436-2158

Avoid Toyota of Puyallup - No Customer Care

by from Seattle, WA |

Simple as this: We found a car, offered our lowest price and they accepted right away. It was 10pm and they let us take the car home over night so we could have an independent inspection done on it the next day. Matt Penrose (the manager) said they won't fix every little detail but if there is an oil leak - they would repair that before we signed the paperwork. Guess what - there most certainly was an oil leak - amongst other things (brake light out, battery about to die, and power steering fluid leaking) Went back to the dealership - Our sales guy, Justin Thomas, went to talk to the manager. Matt was off that day..Justin spoke to the used car sales manager, Richard Laning. Justin came back to us and said "We'll take $400 off". No...that's not what we were told last night. No, we will not accept $400 off - fix the problem. Justin went back to the manager and the manager (Richard) came out this time. He sat down with his arms crossed and said" Best we can do - $400 off the price". He DIDN'T say - "Hey guys, really sorry that there was an issue that our mechanics missed. We'll fix it up for you tomorrow and have it ready to drive home tomorrow night" Nope, the manager proceeded to tell us how they do not invest in their used cars because they would be spending too much money, he said we got an inspection from a shady company, he told us how long he's worked there, blah..blah..blah We reminded him that we were told LAST NIGHT by the manager (Matt) that any oil leak would be fixed. Our sales guy, Justin, said that he FORGOT to mention that to Richard. Richard said "Fine, we'll replace the valve covers and keep you at the original price that we agreed on" We said - we don't want you to just "replace the valve covers - we want you to fix the problem..like we were assured would be done, if there was a leak" End result, of a long argument back & forth, manager said "I've had enough" and pushed our independent inspection back at us and walked away. Not only did they not "make the sale" but they lost customers - for life. Studies show that customers become loyal to their dealership..and in the age of social media..I cannot believe that they treated us like that. Now, we will not buy from them, our co-workers will not buy from them, our social media contacts will be wary of them - for what? The managers ego? The cost of "doing it right"?

Awesome Dealership

by from Puyallup, Wa |

I have purchased many vehicles from Toyota of Puyallup and I am always happy. My most recent purchases have been the most fun. Most people dread buying a car, but I look forward to it because this dealership makes it a wonderful experience. This was my third purchase from Jeff Goossens [5th car from Toyota of Puyallup]; who took into consideration everything I wanted and made sure that the vehicle was a good fit for my lifestyle. They are always available to answer questions and help you; even if it has been a long time since you bought the car. Years ago I had an issue with a chipped key and Jeff was there to help me and get it resolved. I will never go to another dealership to buy my cars.

shopping for used cars.

by from Tacoma WA |

Very good service. Knowledgeable staff. Worked very hard with their finance department to find the right price that matched my budget. Would use again.