Wilson Toyota/Scion

2212 S. Duff, Ames, IA 50010

New 866-697-7780
Used 888-277-7715
Service 866-375-5719

Wilson Toyota Scion of Ames is simply the best auto experience around!!

Easy to work with!!!

by from Sheboygan, Wi. |

Got a great car hastle free. I would recommend this dealer, especially when buying something over the internet. It was a quick, process and the car was as advertised.

The best.

by from Des Moines, Iowa |

One of the best experiences I have had buying a car. No pressure at all but very responsive to what I needed. They didn't play the little games you so often experience at other dealerships. I highly recommend them.

Used Car - great experience

by from Mineapolis MN |

I saw the car I wanted on the internet, contacted Wilson. The experience was great, the car as expected, the price as advertised. Very happy to make the 200 mile drive from the Twin cities.... I will probably use them on my next car.

Online buyers beware. Mis-representing vehicles

by from Muncie, IN |

ONLINE BUYERS BEWARE. I bought a used 2006 Chevrolet pick up truck with 10,600 actual miles from Wilson Toyota of Ames, Iowa. I found the truck on Cars.com. Talked and texted back and forth with the salesman to verify condition of the truck, making it clear how I felt about buying something sight unseen. I asked the salesman to be honest about any problems. He assured me the only blemish on the truck was a paint rub on the front bumper, that it would be taken care of in their detail shop (it wasn't). I had the truck delivered to me 9 hours away in Indiana. I immediately noticed the drivers door was pretty banged up, the paint was even cracked near the edge of the door, there were a few other smaller dings as well, the salesman neglected to tell me about any of them. After several tries to reach someone I was finally able to speak to the owner, Danny Wilson. He told me they sold the truck too cheap and he wasn't going to help pay to fix the door. The truck was clearly mis-represented. The owner did tell me he would give me my money back but not the $475 I paid to have it delivered. He knew it was not feasible to pay another $475 to send it back. Poor business ethics. Buy at your own risk.

Wilson Toyota/Scion responded to this review

January 18, 2014

Having both purchased and sold vehicles over the internet for many years, Wilson Toyota is aware that despite our best effort to present a vehicle as accurately as possible through numerous close-up photos it is no substitute for seeing a vehicle first hand. This is especially true when considering the purchase of an older vehicle. The pickup truck Mr. Cox purchased was seven years old at the time of his purchase and in exceptional condition for its age with extremely low mileage. Despite having over thirty high quality photographs on line, we regret the vehicle did not meet Mr. Cox's expectations upon seeing it for himself, and have offered to buy the vehicle back for the full purchase price. Of course the trade off in choosing not to see a vehicle first hand prior to its purchase is the convenience and ease with which one can make a purchase. This places added responsibility on both the seller and buyer. We feel it fair and reasonable that Mr. Cox return the vehicle to us before we refund his purchase. At Wilson's we strive to treat all our customers fairly and in a reasonable manner similar to what we would expect when purchasing a vehicle.

Great Experience

by from Ames, Iowa |

We recently purchased a 2013 Camry XLE from this dealer. Randy Auel was our sales man. He was a really nice guy who adjusted his schedule for our busy schedule. He didn't bother us with lot of emails and nagging phone calls. Very forthright in his dealings and very friendly. He had lot of knowledge about all cars. The way he dealt with us showed his high confidence. Josh, the finance person was also very friendly and respectful. Overall a very good experience for us in terms of buying the car as well as the treatment we received from them. I would definitely recommend Randy and the dealership to anybody.

friendly dealer

by from ames,ia |

We bought a used Highlander for my wife. Patrick our salesman greeted us right when we walked in the door and just from that point we knew we were going to buy from him. He was very profesional very knowledgable and was very honest with us. Hands down the best experience we have had while buying a vehicle and I have bought over 20 vehicles in my lifetime. This guy is doing something right with the way he does business.

Toyota Highlander

by from Grundy Center, IA |

I bought a new Highlander and was extremely satisfied with the dealership.

Poor Customer Service

by from Des Moines, IA |

I recently worked with Alex on a car and was very upset with the service. He was rude and short and treated me as if I was bothering him. I was more than willing to negotiate yet he flat out said no way. As a very serious, all cash offer person this was a horrible first car buying experience. I will never go back! I'll purchase from anyone else. I was looking for someone friendly and helpful, that's all.

Overall good experience

by from Ankeny, IA |

We bought a used car from Wilson and have had it for a few months and no issues so far. They negotiated with us and I feel we got a fair deal.

good job!

by from Boone, IA |

These guys are the best! Friendly, accessible, the whole 9 yards! I didn't buy a car at this time but it was still a good experience.

Excellence

by from Scottsbluff, NE |

I found my Cadillac that I was looking for and Got an e-mail immediately. Dan Carney went out of his way to make my purchase very easy. Delivery was as good as it gets. Thanks to Jack. Thanks to all at Wilson Toyota. I would highly recommend them