VW of Rome

New 866-901-9567
Used 866-901-9571
Service 866-698-6204

Your VW Low Price Leader

Awesome staff! Very knowledgeable and friendly.

by from Utica, NY |

I had a problem with my car jumping which I thought was the brakes hanging up. They got me right in..found out it was a problem with the valve body where when it shifted down it would slam into gear. They set me up with a loaner car and had my car fixed while I was at work. Awesome staff, very friendly and made sure my car was in safe working order.

December 30, 2013

Hello Melissa, We are happy to hear that you had a great experience with us, and we appreciate the kind words! Anytime you have an issue, we will always be ready to help.

This place is absolutely the Best!!!

by from Farmington, NY |

Bought a MK7 GTI from VW of Rome this week. This is by far the best dealership I have ever dealt with. From the sales manager to sales people and including the general manager they work hard to keep the customer served. I traveled from Rochester, NY, over a hundred miles in each direction to do my deal there rather than pay a steeper price locally. If was definitely worth the time and effort. I will be a returning customer. It's a great dealership!

June 28, 2014

We are glad you had a great experience with us Jon! We are happy we were able to meet all of your needs and we enjoyed seeing you. Enjoy your new GTI!

Beautiful car, excellent price

by from Central, NY |

We had been told by several parties that Rome VW had an excellent reputation so we went there for our first new card purchase in over 25 years. There was a temporary glitch in the sale process which was frustrating but in the end, the deal went through. Our salesman Jay was very personable, efficient and I believe he actually went and picked up our car at another dealership. The car is beautiful, it is everything I hoped it would be and the team went above and beyond, as I understand it, to make this sale happen. Thank you Rome Volkswagen for doing the right thing, we will be sending several more buyers who are ready to buy Jettas within the next month or so.

June 10, 2014

Thank you for the great feedback! We strive to make sure that any issue is worked out. I am happy hear that the glitch was resolved correctly. We are glad to hear the you are enjoying your new car!

Outstanding service. AGAIN!!

by from New Hartford, NY |

I just returned home from VW of Rome and once again had an extremely positive experience. I have nothing but great things to say about both sales and service! My wife had a concern about her vehicle and the service department took care of everything with no notice of our arrival!!! Stellar performance! This is the second time this dealer has gone above and beyond what would be resonably expected, and we will absolutely be life customers with these folks. Great job VW of Rome and thank you!

June 6, 2013

Thank you for the positive feedback Shawn, and we are happy you had another great experience with us! I will make sure the folks in our Service Department see this. Have a great day, and we look forward to seeing you again! -Jack Langefeld, VW of Rome, Internet Manager.

Relaxing, and comfortable experience!

by from Rome, NY |

I was always one of those nervous people who thought people at dealerships were just out to get your money. Not these guys. The car buying experience here was unexpectedly awesome. The two salesman who assisted me were very friendly, and they both were willing to help me with all the questions I had. They were also very patient, because I was indecisive for quite a while. When we finally sat down to talk numbers, they tried every way to figure out how to save me money. It was a very calm, and relaxing environment, and I never felt rushed, and felt like they were very honest. Rome VW has completely changed my perception on how car dealers are. I will always go to them now.

Great experience!

by from Oriskany, NY |

It has never been so easy for me to find and buy a car! I didn't have the "typical" hard sell from them. They let the cars sell themselves. Everyone there is very helpful and I will go back again when I am ready to trade.

4th VW, 2nd with this dealership.

by from New Hartford |

I can't say enough positive things about this dealership and it's staff. My wife and I have had very positive experiences with buying, trading and service our last two cars here. They performed much better than any dealership we have used including our previous two VW dealerships. As soon as I have the cash saved up, I WILL be buying my 5th VW from VW of Rome. Great Team to work with!

Terrific customer service and experience!!

by from Syracuse, NY |

I just picked up my 2012 Tiguan Sel. It is the fourth Volkswagen my Husband and I have purchased here. This brings the total to 9 vehicles my family has purchased over the last 6 years. The Sales department is very helpful and never pushy. The Service department is above reproach. They shuttle me home and pick me up when the vehicle is done. They always explain what they did without being condescending. This is the only dealership I have ever been to that I feel comfortable enough going into by myself without a real knowledge of cars. They treat me with respect. I not only would recommend them to friends, I have, many times.Keep up the great work!

Always happy

by from Rome, NY |

I have dealt with Rome Volkswagen for years for both new and used vehicles. I can not say enough about the quality of their products as well as the helpfulness and knowledge of their service department. Not only am I always greeted with a smile and addressed by my name, they always go above and beyond to make sure that I am comfortable while I wait for service. Sometimes I am unable to wait for service to be performed and they always make sure that I have a ride to my place of employment. Over the course of all the years that I've done business there, a few times there have been things that have gone wrong after the warranty period is up. The service manager has always gone to bat for me with either the manufacturer or the warranty company, and has been able to get them to cover at least some, if not all of the repair. I have always been treated with respect by every employee there, regardless of the fact that I am a woman. I had a specific criteria that I wanted for my most recently purchased used vehicle. Rome Volkswagen didn't have this particular vehicle on their lot, but they contacted many other dealerships until they found exactly what I was looking for. I recommend them very highly!

Fantastic Customer Service

by from Blossvale, NY |

Dealing with Rome VW has been one of the best choices I've ever made vehicle-wise. Hands down, best dealership experience. The staff went above and beyond helping take care of me and my needs in a vehicle, and in the end I drove off the lot with a great car for a fantastic price. The service department is great to deal with, and, frankly, one of the few I trust to get the job done right. Again, great place, great people, great service!

Shop at your own risk

by from Syracuse, NY |

Buying a vehicle here was the worst possible decision I could have made. I should have left when I made an appointment to test drive a used truck there and then had to wait almost 2 hours because they were doing an emergency brake repair, or when I test drove the vehicle and the emergency brake wouldn't release and the salesman told me that it was because I wasn't jerking it hard enough. A few days later I should have walked away from the sale when my bank ran a carfax and it came back with 3 accidents on the vehicle (yes, I had asked if it was in any accidents, and I was told no.) The personnel at the dealership "didn't know" and they knocked a very minimal amount off the price. Not even two weeks after i took the truck home, I had to get it towed back, on my own dime, even though it was in the warranty period, because the brakes completely stopped working while I was driving. They repaired the front brakes, but didn't reimburse me for the tow. A couple of weeks after that I had to go back again because my tie rod boots on both sides turned out to be completely shredded and the joints were bone dry. They failed to tell me when I called about the problem that they had no intention of fixing it, so I drove a combined 2 hours for them to do absolutely nothing. According to them, they were only required to fix things it needed to pass inspection. I'm pretty sure that tie rods are checked in inspection, and that a normal mechanic wouldn't have passed them. Either way, after they wasted my time and money for nothing, I had to replace them because they weren't safe to drive on. Now, 4 months down the road, my entire back end has to be replaced. In the words of my mechanic, "there is no way they didn't know that it was in poor condition," and on top of that, the brake job I had to waste 2 hours waiting for, was only half done. They reused the old, warped drums, which have in turn destroyed my shoes. When I told them this they claimed all drums are "going to be warped." This is not accurate at all and I can only assume the oh so not helpful manager I spoke to was just trying to feed me a line because I am female and probably don't know better. If drums have deep grooves in them, common sense says they need to be replaced, or they will just cause uneven grooves and braking in the replacement parts and, shock to all, they did! In conclusion, only buy a used vehicle, or any vehicle for that matter, from this dealer if you really enjoy being jerked around, treated like a moron, and ultimately paying for it yourself anyway.