Paulli's Imports

(2.0) 1 Reviews

111 S. Phelps Avenue, Rockford, IL 61108

1 of 1 review

Well, at least my car is fixed.

by from Rockford, IL |

I picked up my car this morning from Paulli's Imports. I decided to go with them for this costly transmission repair because they have a good reputation in the area for their work. After a few weeks of waiting, I was eager to get my car back and take it for a drive. When I arrived at Paulli's I was greeted at the front and I told them I was there to pick up my car, and I asked if it would be okay to take it for a test drive to make sure everything was restored to previous running conditions. The gentleman went to the back to see if it was okay after I asked this and came back with the owner. Mr. Paulli, who I have never met before, was highly offended that I would ask to see that my car had been fully repaired before I payed a handsome price for fixing it. He said that if I didn't trust him to fix it the right way, he couldn't understand why I would bring it to him at all. After several minutes of trying to explain that I just wanted to make sure everything was running properly, he would not stop arguing with me that I was belittling his integrity. I assured him many times that that was not my intention at all. I ended up paying the bill and leaving not knowing if my car would run until I started it as I left. I would have given this review more stars, but the customer service portrayed by the owner made things extremely uncomfortable. The car is running fine now, which is why I am giving this review 2 stars instead of 1.

(1-1 of 1 review)