Zimmerman Houdek Used Car Center

Zimmerman Houdek Used Car Center

150 7th Ave, Marion, IA 52302

Used 888-490-4672

Bring a printed copy of your Cars.com ad for a free tank of gas with your purchase!

3rd Vehicle Purchase!

by from Marion Ia |

I have purchased 3 vehicles from Zimmerman Houdek, all from Cory. I have had the best car buying experiences here. The first visit was for two vehicles and the most recent was for an upgrade to a previous purchase. The cars sold here are top quality. The few small issues that I had were taken care of with speedy service and a car to use while mine was being serviced. I will continue to return to this dealership for all of the cars I plan on purchasing. I have recommended them to several of my friends and coworkers. What was key to winning me over was the hassle free purchase and no pressure to finance. They worked within my personal budget and never pushed me to purchase more vehicle than I intended on. Cory has been the best at providing knowledge about the vehicles I have purchased. His insight has helped me find the best cars for the money.

April 1, 2015

Bryant, Thanks for the kind words and the confidence you placed in us and we appreciate your business. I hope your new vehicle works out well for you. Cory

1st vehicle purchase/1st Diesel purchase EVER!

by from Anamosa, IA |

Looked everywhere for my new truck, finally found it b4 it even hit the lot at Houdek's! Cory was a huge help in getting it ready for us, working with us in our busy schedules and getting us a good trade price on our truck. It was a great experience and no pressure, relaxed environment and he gave us the history on our new truck! If I can be of ANY advice, stay away from all the McGrath Centers!!!! Thank you Cory!

August 26, 2015

Thanks again guys and I really hope you enjoy that new truck! Cory

2007 Gmc Acadia Purchase

by from Colesburg, Ia |

Great service and employees. They helped me out with all my needs and got me a great car and deal. They answered all my questions and made sure I had everything I needed before I drove away. If you are looking for low prices and realible cars this is the place to go. Thank you for the car.

2nd purchase in a couple years. We WILL be back!!

by from Cedar Rapids, IA |

My daughter's Durango crapped out on us last week so we began shopping around. I purchased a vehicle from them a couple years ago and was happy with it (NO problems in 4+ years...) so we went back. The selection was awesome, and instead of buying a lower end car for my daughter, we upgraded my wife's. Got a great price ( Corey even surprised us with a little extra discount when we went to pick it up which was super nice!). Corey was awesome, no pressure awesome service and we are THRILLED with the car, and the experience. We WILL be back again! Thanks Corey!

August 6, 2015

Thanks again for the kind words, I am glad we are your go to for your vehicle needs. We appreciate the business and I look forward to helping you in the future! Cory

Low pressure, easy process and inspected

by from Marion, Ia |

Just purchased a 2003 Ford Windstar. Process was easy, low pressure and we liked that their vehicles are clean and have some newer parts, tires, etc. I would recommend to anyone looking for a higher quality used car.

August 5, 2015

Thanks again and I hope you are enjoying that new van. Cory

After the purchase customer service

by from Cedar Rapids, Ia |

This is a great place to buy a car! Clint made sure I was satisfied with my purchase, even after I discovered the A/C was not working after purchasing the car. They replaced the compressor and made it right, no charge to me! I will be looking to buy my next used car at Zimmerman Houdek!

Mark A Bishop

by from Marion, Iowa |

I bought a vehicle from them and the brake lines were leaking and they knew it. It could have killed us, there is also a piece missing in the ceiling that was not there when we test drove the car. very disappointed in their representation of car.

June 5, 2015

Mark, Sorry you might of had a issue with your truck. We would never intentionally sell any vehicles with a major safety issue. The truck you purchased was inspected by a third party mechanic as well as our mechanic. Also a few days before your purchase I personally drove this truck 800 miles and had no issues with any brake lines or the truck. I also gave you call to try to resolve the issue and you never returned my call. I understand your frustration while writing your review and out of the hundreds of car we sell I have never had a complaint about our facilities which you rated a 1 star? and the buying process which you rated a 2. I am here anytime to discuss the issue, This is not how we do business. Thanks Cory

Excellent Car Buying Experience!

by from Marion, IA |

Just bought my first car from Zimmerman-Houdek Used Car Center. A 2007 Ford Edge SEL Plus. Could not be happier. The car was amazingly clean, and they gave me a GREAT price on it. They had a lot of options on the lot, some of the cleanest used cars I've seen, and the prices were extremely competitive. There were several I would have purchased. The buying process was completely hassle free, they take care of everything, all you have to do is sign the paperwork. I'm never going to buy my cars anywhere else. Once you know you can trust someone, you stick with them. Highly recommended!

no help

by from burlington iowa |

never returned my e-mail about buying a truck on their lot

March 26, 2015

Chevy buyer from Burlington, Sorry your e-mail was never answered. We do answer all e-mails daily and if you provide a phone number we will always call you back. We always advertise our phone number in all adds as well. I understand your frustration. Cory

dont buy from here

by from cedar rapids iowa |

Never buy your car from this place. I bought a car from here and not even a month later something went bad on it so I took it to them to get fixed they had my car 4 days then whenever I went to go pick it up they told me that it cost two hundred and fourteen dollars and never once did they ever tell me that have then they never fix the other problems that I told him about tonight I take it to my own mechanic and get it fixed save your money and go elsewhere

March 18, 2015

Lacey, I know you were frustrated when you had to help cover some of the expense to repair your Ford Fusion and I understand ,but I do think you were a little harsh on us. Lets look at the whole picture of the situation. 1. First off, it was over a month ago when the car was purchased on 01/23/2015.The date you brought it to us was at 5pm on 03/12/15 so that is 49 days after you bought it. 2.Our Warranty is a 30 day or 1000 miles 50/50 of the internal parts of the engine and transmission no other parts are covered as stated by our buyers guide which you read and signed and understood as we go over this with everyone.This is clearly not a bumper to bumper warranty. We also offer additional protection with a Warranty company for additional charge that you can purchase when buying a used car that would have covered the parts and this was also declined. Now that we know none of this was covered, or was it our fault, lets go through the whole story. Lacey came by about 5pm on a Thursday and her car would not shut off you could turn the key to the off and it still ran which we had never seen before especially on a 2011 model. Lacey did not call she just showed up out of the blue and expected us to fix instantly which all our mechanics leave by 5 pm. I stated we have never seen anything like this and said we would take a look at it for her and she could leave it. Instead of asking her to get a rental car we loaned her a Altima, which she ran out of gas and left on the side of the road , so we had it towed which was a $55.00 expense we paid and did not even ask her to cover. We then loaned her another car while the Altima was being towed in. Friday we had it in our shop and our tech had about 4-5 hours in diagnosing this and we could not figure it out. Later that day we payed 45.00 to have it towed out to CLK Dealer Services they have top notch diagnosis equipment and there rates are far cheaper then the local Ford dealer. The Fusion was diagnosed with needing a Smart Junction Box which was 149.00 which then needed programed to the car which was 65.00. The total bill at CLK was 214.00 we then sent to employees across town which is approx 30 min from here out to get the car and bring it back out here. Lacey then showed up immediately to pick up the car because she did not like driving the loaner car. When she showed up she then asked if we had put a cover that was off back into place and I said I did not know it was off . Rudy was the one she told and he was on vacation so I asked her to show me it. It was a easy 5 min fix that we happily took care of when she showed it to us. So all in all a total of $100 towing expenses I pd and over 6 hours of labor at 55.00 which is $330.00. The grand total spent on the car was $644.00 and she was asked to cover 214.00 of the repair that was not covered under warranty at all. Lacey did not feel that she should have had to pay anything at all. I really feel that we went above and beyond to help her out. We try to please everyone unfortunately it is not that easy. Clint Houdek

Very Professional Business.

by from Cedar Rapids IA |

Went in on a Thursday to look a t a vehicle. Bought it the next day. No hassle or rush. Quick and easy transaction. Car needed a battery and they replaced it no questions asked. Great customer service. Would recommend to anyone. Talk to Cory , very professional business.