Prestige Mini

925 State Route 17, Ramsey, NJ 07446

Wow, it is possible for buying a car to be fun!

by from Glen Rock, NJ |

I always dread buying a car - I always end up feeling like I have been taken advantage of, or deceived, or...you know how it goes. So, what a surprise to have such a wonderful experience at Prestige Mini! My motoring advisor, Dan Vieldhouse, could not have been more patient with me. I had millions of questions, didn't know what I wanted, needed to be educated...and Dan took the time with me to do just that. He wasn't pushy, he didn't try to sell me more than I wanted. He listened to what I needed, and then helped me find a way to do that. When I wanted to delve into every little tiny aspect of financing, he was game for that, and ensured that I had no questions or concerns when we were done. I came in to Prestige having seen a Certified Pre Owned car on line. Once I was sure that that was the model I wanted (and he walked me through every single model they have!), it turned out that that specific car was not on the lot - it was still being detailed and prepped. So, Dan drove over to the Prep location, found the car, got them to finish it up, and had them drive it over so I could see it. Ultimately, I bought it, and I have to say, you could never tell by looking at it, that it is not brand new. It is just beautiful. I am so pleased with Dan, with Jeff in Finance, and with the dealership as a whole. It is a beautiful facility, and it's very pleasant to be there. ( I should know, as I literally spent the whole day there!) From my first contact with them over the internet, until the moment I walked out the door later that day, the proud owner of a 2012 Mini Countryman with only 16,000 miles on it at a VERY good price, I only have praise for how Prestige Mini runs their business. They surpassed my expectations, and outshone all the other car dealers I visited in the past week. Kudos to the whole team, but especially to Dan Vieldhouse, who happily gave up his entire day to help just one customer find their way through the car buying experience. For the first time ever, I feel like I understand every aspect of the purchase, and there is nothing I would change about it. Thanks, Prestige Mini!

Prestige Mini responded to this review

December 23, 2014

Mary the MINI Owner - First, we LOVE your Cars.com username! Second, congratulations on your new MINI Countryman! Third, thank you so much for sharing this review! We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed working with us. If there's ever anything else that we may assist you with, please don't hesitate to ask!

Excellent MINI dealership in NJ!

by from Alpine, NJ |

Traded in my 2011 Subaru STI for a brand new 2015 MINI Cooper S Convertible. Took delivery of the vehicle yesterday and I am very happy with my decision. The dealership took my detailed vehicle order and made sure that all of my options, selections, and accessories were carried out to the last detail. Erin Hilyer handled my delivery and she was very kind and professional. This dealership was reasonable with their pricing and they went above and beyond to make sure I was a very happy "motorist" when I left the dealership. Thank you Prestige MINI !

Prestige Mini responded to this review

November 25, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share this review! We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed working with us and that we were able to help you create the perfect MINI. If there's ever anything else that we may do to assist you, please don't hesitate to ask! Motor on! - The Prestige MINI Team

best dealership experiance

by from Pine Bush , NY |

The atmosphere at this dealership made the whole process of trading in my old car very comfortable. the salesperson was easy to talk to as well as her manager. Every issue I had was addressed and most important was how fair they were with me. Thanks again, can't wait to get my next Mini. Thanks Erin. Moe and Kristi.

Countryman S

by from Florida, NY |

Erin worked with me through my purchase of a 2014 Mini Cooper S Countryman. She was very nice and accommodating. She understood what I wanted and helped me achieve that. She was great!

Great for everything

by from Stony Brook, NY |

I used to contact with several different MINI Cooper dealers by email. From Prestige MINI, I got the most detailed and patient reply. There price is really good. That's the first reason I choose here without even a phone call. Then I decided to have a look at the car myself. But at that time I have to take a train there. When Erin knows about this, she immediately contacted me asking when and where I need pick up. Really convenient for us. After getting there, I can feel they are not eager for selling you a car immediately, but showing everything as it is with patience. Good service is the most important reason that I set up my mind buying a car here. Everything here is great: price of car, professionality of the service and kind sales person... Great experience.

Thanks Erin!

by from Albany, NY |

Couldn't be happier- Thanks Erin! I found the MINI I wanted online at Prestige. The next task was to find a salesperson. Since I was two hours away from the dealership, I read as much as I could about the salespeople. Erin reviews were all outstanding and most importantly, as I found later, accurate. I spoke with Erin on the phone and setup a time to test drive the car. Upon getting to the dealership and meeting Erin in person, I found her to be very knowledgeable about the car. She answered all of my questions completely. More importantly, she let the car sell me. After all, if you want a MINI, you want a MINI :-) After my test drive, I returned home and started the "paperwork" to get the deal done. Erin was always just a quick phone call and/or email away. She was very responsive to even the smallest question and everything went off without a hitch. After taking delivery and returning home, Erin has checked in via email and with a quick call to make sure all was well. I appreciate Erin's friendly professionalism with regard to my recent purchase. I would recommend Prestige and specifically Erin without reservation. Thanks Erin!

Great people and great service

by from Florham Park, NJ |

Erin was awesome! Thanks for all the help! She was friendly and very knowledgeable. I would recommend her to everyone!

Prestige MINI + Motoring Advisor/ Erin Hilyer

by from Montclair, NJ |

I found Erin Hilyer of Prestige MINI to be extremely helpful, knowledgeable, patient, kind, and enthusiastic throughout the car-buying process. With her help and guidance I ended up purchasing a certified/ pre-owned 2013 MINI Cooper Clubman S. Although it's only been a week and a half since I bought the car, I've been very happy with driving/operating it so far. Despite not having driven it a lot of miles yet, I'm ready to say that the hype (from automag journalists, the manufacturer, dealers, etc.) re: owning and driving a MINI is not just hype. It is truly an enjoyable driving experience. In my opinion, it's clearly a well-designed/engineered vehicle. Back to Erin: She was able to answer all my questions re: different models that Prestige MINI had for sale, and she was also very helpful with guiding me through the other parts of the car-buying process (leasing v. buying, finance questions, the CPO features & benefits, etc.) -- not to mention her eagerness to have me test-drive more than one model. It was also a big plus to know that she currently owns more than one MINI herself, and that she thoroughly enjoys driving them. I highly recommend Erin to anyone interested in purchasing a MINI from Prestige.

MINI purchase

by from Manville, NJ |

I called to the dealership and was connected to Erin, what a great connection. I had just had a bad experience with another dealer earlier in the day. We live over an hour away and Erin made sure the vehicle I was interested was still available before driving all that way. When we got there the showroom was full of customers, however Erin was there waiting for us. What a great experience. She was able to attend to every question I had, the knowledge she has about the vehicles is phenomenal. I feel I walked away with a great deal, I did not get that "car salesperson" discomfort. Erin made us feel comfortable and welcomed our business without the "car sales" pressure. I have recommended this dealership already and will continue to recommend Erin. What a beautiful showroom, very customer friendly.

Excellent Experience

by from clifton.NJ |

Bought a used mini from Erin Hilyer. Everything was straightforward and easy. Erin was friendly and accommodating.