McKee Motors, Inc.

3900 Jonestown Road, Harrisburg, PA 17109

Unsatisfied customer

by from Harrisburg, PA |

Purchased a vehicle here and it turned out to be a huge mistake. My wife found the car on the lot and both her and I took it for a test drive everything seemed fine. The day after we purchased the car we noticed that it would not hold coolant and the power steering went out (the whole steering rack was shot). We went back to the dealership to see if they could help us out in anyway (ex help with discount parts, a partial refund, even a "sorry I knew it was broken when we sold it"), the owners response was that the sale was final and we should expect that from a "cheapie car". He also explained how he expected a 16 year old to by the car instead of someone in their 20's (like it would make a difference). Along with this, he had the audacity to offer to buy the car back for much less than we bought the vehicle (I believe 1/3 the price) if we purchased a more expensive car on his junk lot. In total the car cost us about an extra $1000 just to be drivable. I understand that it was not a new car but I think that's ridiculous to not even be drivable after the first week. I would stay far away from this dealership.

Long time customer!

by from Harrisburg, PA |

Just purchased a 2005 Ford F150 King Ranch from Mckee Motors, couldn't be any happier with the truck. This is the fifth vehicle we purchased here for our household over the years. We were happy with every purchase and that's the reason we keep coming back. We got a good deal with every purchase and never had any problems with any of the vehicles we bought from them, just regular maintenance. At this point if we need a car or a truck we go straight to Mckee Motors. If they don't have exactly what we are looking for they get it for us in a week or two, like this King Ranch. After buying five vehicles here i had to take five minutes and write this review and say thank you to Mckee Motors and their friendly salesmen. WOULD RECOMMEND TO A FRIEND!

Worth the Drive.

by from Washington DC |

Saw a vehicle they just received on cars.Com and they honored the price even though it was hundreds lower than their own website. Worked with me over the phone and submitted all the information my bank needed for me to have payment in less than 24hrs. On the way to their lot I was held up and the salesman waited until after closing to meetc with me and allowed me to test drive and go through the buying process. The vehicle was in great consisting considering the miles. Warranty was decent. Customer service is excellent. Sometimes you have to drive a distance (100 miles for me) to find quality and honesty. McKee Motors best car buying I've had so far.

No pressure, just a pleasant buying experience.

by from The Back Mountain |

I called on a Friday afternoon to make sure the vehicle I was interested in was still available, I asked Bob to take my number and call me if that changed before I got there since it?s a 2 hour ride. He told me he will hold it for me even though I would not arrive until appx 6:30 and their hours are till 7PM. I got there at 6:30 and I was greeted by Dario. He got me the keys and moved a few other vehicles so I could take it for a test drive, they took a copy of my license and off I went. The truck was exactly as described, maybe better. Right after I arrived, another customer arrived to purchase a car, when I got back from my test ride they were doing the paperwork for their purchase and Amir started helping with my paperwork. I finished about 8:30 and even though they were there for an extra hour and a half, everyone was still polite and pleasant, never feeling like I was being rushed. I ended up at a price that was a bit more than I was hoping for (still got a good buy) but was short $146, they never missed a beat and told me to send them a check. I wish all used car purchases were as smooth as this transaction. THANK YOU TO BOB, DARIO AND AMIR!!

rude salesman

by from harrisburg pa |

very rude salesman with a very arrogant attitude who seemed to think i was going to let him have my car for nothing made my car seem like a peice of junk when indeed it is in good nechanical condition

December 7, 2013

We apologize that you were not happy with your trade in value.

Email Response

by from Carlisle, PA |

He sent me a quick reply to an inquiry I made. Seemed willing to help with whatever I needed but I had already purchased another vehicle.

December 7, 2013

Thank you for trying to do business with us, we hope to earn your business someday.

are your phones broke

by from Camphill Pa. |

Called them after a couple of days went by thinking they never received cars.com notice. I talked to a dealer who said to fill out a financial application. Never heard from them since. Guess they don`t need my business. Received loan from another car dealership so they just do not run a good business. Shame on them.

December 7, 2013

We try to reach out to you as quickly as possible, we do apologize for not getting back to you in timely manner.

Be Careful!

by from Boone NC |

Called salesmen about listed truck and described my need for a clean rust free truck( I live in a very snowy climate where they salt the roads heavily). Salesman went out of his way to take pictures and start truck while on phone to verify condition. In pictures truck showed minimal surface rust on some front suspension. Question condition with salesmen and was reassured again that it was a great truck that had been serviced and thoroughly check out and I would be happy with the condition. When questioned on records for servicing they seemed to be misplaced but the oil had been changed for sure I was reassured again. I then got a bank loan and drove 2 hrs and flew 5 hrs then rented a hotel room for the night. Following morning I was graciously picked up at my motel for the sort ride to the small car lot. The truck was set aside as promised, but battery was dead and had to be jumped and brakes were locking up (probably rusty from not being driven?) and large wet spot on rear axle housing near plug( maybe from having fluid checked or stripped treads?) Worst part as feared this truck was well used and frame rust had been painted over(at some point?) and was flaking off when poked. This truck was in decent condition exterior and interior and motor and transmission seemed great, but as I questioned and feared the rust was extensive and far more than a close inspection should have disclosed. Dealer honestly, could have saved me $500+ in expenses and the dealers wasted time picking me up and returning me to the airport to rent a car to drive home. Called car lot owner to request reimbursement for rental car home, was unable to ask or explain and was hung up on! DON'T TRAVEL FROM AFAR TO PURCHASE!

December 7, 2013

We went out of our way to please this customer, which was fine by us. We don't mind going an extra mile to assist our customers, but in fairness we are not responsible to reimburse long distance travel expenses.

Great Service

by from Irvington NJ |

Mckee Motors, thanks for everything you guys were great. Natalie, Dario and Bob you guys are the best. Thanks again from Tommy B.

December 7, 2013

Thank you Tommy, we appreciate your kind response.

Out of State Buyer - Great Experience!

by from Minnesota |

I was shopping online for cars, and saw the one I wanted on their lot. I called them and from the get-go they were straight forward with me and willing to provide me with the info I needed. They were blunt at times, which made me a little hesitant, but it's because they don't hassle around; They tell you how it is. They held the car for me after I bought my ticket out to pick up the car, let my friend come test drive it for an hour and check it all out, picked me up from the airport - went completely out of the way for me, especially considering they could have easily sold this car to a local for less work. I've put 2,500 miles on the car in the first 2 weeks, and have had no issues. They held up to everything they promised on their end. Very satisfied.

December 7, 2013

Thank you for your review. We enjoyed doing business with you. -McKee Motors Staff -