Donohooauto LLC

Donohooauto LLC

8122 Helena Rd, Pelham, AL 35124

Used 888-473-5481

WE BUY VEHICLES TOO!!! FRIENDLY LOW PRESSURE ENVIRONMENT!!

Great service/selection/atmosphere

by from Montgomery, AL |

Went to purchase a Lexus IS 250 and they had over twenty in stock; all were in great condition. I chose two to test drive and it couldn't have been an easier process. I just told Catherine {one of the girls up front}which make and model (which was easily looked up on one of their computers in the lobby) and she had someone pull it up immediately. After the test drive she referred me to a salesman who was very attentive to my needs and helped me to drive away with the car that day. I would highly recommend shopping for your luxury car at Donohoo Auto, it is a one of a kind dealership and I will definitely be back to meet my future car needs. I was more than happy and satisfied with my experience.

June 29, 2012

Colleen, Thank you so much for the kind words. Katherine and team work hard to make your experience pleasant and hassle free. Hope to see you next time around!! Sincerely Chris Donohoo

Wonderful car buying experience

by from Dallas, TX |

I found the car I was looking for at Donohoo Auto while researching cars online. The price was much better than other dealers were offering for similarly equipped cars and its mileage was very low. There were quite a few pictures included with the listing, and I was able to view the car's Carfax report for further confirmation that the car was as presented. I live some 600 miles from Birmingham but have a friend there whom I asked to go check out the dealership and test drive the car for me. She reported back that the dealership was clean and busy, my salesman Edwin was courteous and professional, and that the car was in great shape. I contacted Edwin to put a deposit on the car and set in motion the process to purchase it. Edwin was very thorough in explaining Donohoo's deposit policy, and we were able to conduct the entire transaction via phone and email. I made arrangements to fly to Birmingham to pick up the car and drive it home. When I arrived at the dealership, the car was waiting out front and all of my paperwork was ready. The car was extremely clean, and everyone I encountered at Donohoo was polite, efficient and professional. I am thrilled with my car and with my experience at Donohoo. I would definitely purchase another car from Donohoo Auto and would highly recommend it to others.

They sell lemons

by from Rome, GA |

My fiancée and I bought a Mercedes from here two weeks ago, when we test drove everything was fine. On the way home back to Rome the car broke down. We have since then had to take it to the Mercedes dealership twice. I go to drive it today, and it won't even start. This has been the biggest headache ever. They sell lemons. I would not recommend buying cars from this dealership. The employees are very nice but I have had this car in the shop more than I've been able to drive it. Total bummer, when I should be so happy to own such a beautiful car.

Bought My Car from 800 Miles Away!!!

by from Meriden, CT |

Okay so I was eyeing this beautiful 335i that was a Manufacturer Buyback. I had some hesitation due to the buyback situation and being branded a lemon but this car came with a CPO warranty good from the next year... so why not? I bought the car sight unseen(risky, I know) but have driven a 335i and had them double check the car. My salesperson was Chris Seay, he always returned my call and most times answered right away! He worked with me well above and beyond what most salespeople would do, especially some guy from CT claiming he wanted to buy a car. Thank You Chris! Every step of the process was awesome, they shipped my car up and quoted 7-14 days... I couldn't wait THAT LONG! My car got here 2 days later.... Not typical I am sure but definitely awesome! Thank You Donohoo I am a very proud owner of an awesome car! BTW: The car was lemoned due to poor fuel delivery, Fuel Injectors. When I received the car I brought it directly to BMW and they replaced all the Fuel Injectors under a Factory Recall and now my car runs perfect!! Took a chance and it really paid off thanks to the help of Chris and everyone there!

Good Communication

by from birmingham, alabama |

Spoke to a sales agent via email while I was at work giving him my trade in information, due to having negative equity in my car, they was not able to help help me, however the call back and communication was good. If you have alot of negative equity in your car I wouldnt suggest shopping here.

My previous review on trading my vehicle

by from Birmingham, AL |

I had written a review titled" Do not bring your car for a trade-in", Talked to the store manager and he apologized for the bad experience and offered to take care of my issue. I accepted and glad that he took care of my concerns and issues. Would be glad to check them out for my next vehicle purchase.

Do not bring your car for a trade-in

by from Birmingham, AL |

I drove my car to the dealer to test drive their vehicles during my lunch break. Dealer asked if I have a trade-in, after replying yes, they took my car to the back so they can assess the trade-in value. After test driving a couple of vehicles, got my key back from salesman, he told me the worth of my car and gave me my keys back. Went back to work. Later that night when I was leaving to go home I had major problems with my car and my check engine light came on. Went back to the dealer the next day asked them to look at my car and see why the check engine light came on. Later, the sales man came back and told me they read 2 messages so they did not want to reset the computer. I had to take my car to a mechanic to diagnose the problem, he did not find any issues with my car after test driving it and did not read the same message as the dealer so he reset the computer. It cost me $100.00 for the mechanic to check the computer and test drive to determine my car was fine. I went back to the dealer with the $100 receipt to get the dealer to cover my cost, so far they have not offered to reimburse me. So now I am writing this review and will post messages on Yelp and any other sites I find, to let people know to be careful trusting this dealer with their potential trade-in.

BMW PURCHASE

by from Lagrange Ga |

In 30 years of buying and leasing cars, I have never had a more enjoyable experience. I found the car I was looking for on the web-site (BMW 750I). Drove 200 miles to see it. When I arrived, I was promptly provided the car for a test drive. Took my time, came back to the dealership, was introduced to a salesman, negotiated for a few minutes (traded in a Mercedes) went into finance within 15 min and was on my way home in less than 3 hours with my 09 BMW. DONOHOO beat the price of their competition by 5000 dollars!! This is the way car buying should be! Professional in every department

September 28, 2013

Thanks for taking time to share your experience, Bruce. We try really hard to respect our customers' time, so it is good hear we are accomplishing that.

How are they still in Business???¿

by from Birmingham |

¿ Bad costumer service!! That?s the way I would sum up my experience with Donohoo. ¿ ¿ I contacted Donohoo three times over four days via 2 different ways to ask for info on an SUV I was ¿interested in purchasing, I never received any form of response. If I have that much frustration trying ¿to BUY a vehicle how bad would their customer service be after my purchase?¿

October 2, 2013

Jenny, I am very sorry to hear about your experience with us. I reached out to you via phone and got your voicemail. We are always working to improve our customer service. Please give me a call if you can spare a moment to discuss. Jay Martin 205.444.9333

New (almost) Acura RLX

by from Louisville, Ky |

Found the car that I had decided I would purchase in Jan ,14 when I thought there would be a few used 2014 models available on line. Donohoo had 2 vehicles already in stock with very low miles. Called on the phone, negotiated a good trade for my vehicle, drove 6.5 hours to the facility. Test drove and was sold. Best car buying experience I've ever had in over 50 years of buying cars.

September 28, 2013

Thanks for the kind words, and we appreciate you sharing your experience with us online.

New Lexus for my Daughter

by from Birmingham, AL. |

Well most of us are not able to just go to the first dealer we see and buy our Daughter a new Lexus. And if we were we could just get it anywhere we would not worry about 500 dollars here or there. These people do not come off of the price do not shop here unless you just like paying to much cause your to lazy to go look. Cause believe me yo will pay over 2000 K more even on used cars.

May 27, 2013

Charles, I am sorry you did not enjoy shopping with us. Believe us, if our prices are too high, we suffer because no one buys the cars. Customers have become too smart to consistently get customers that will overpay for cars. We respect your desire to find the very best deal you can find, and hopefully you find a really nice car at the price you are seeking. Don't let our negotiation policy stand in your way if you do find after you complete your search that the best deal is with us - we would love to have you as a customer.