Donohooauto LLC

Donohooauto LLC

8122 Helena Rd, Pelham, AL 35124

Used 888-473-5481

We offer a huge veriety of quality Pre-Owned Vehicles. We are your best choice for the greatest value.

Great service/selection/atmosphere

by from Montgomery, AL |

Went to purchase a Lexus IS 250 and they had over twenty in stock; all were in great condition. I chose two to test drive and it couldn't have been an easier process. I just told Catherine {one of the girls up front}which make and model (which was easily looked up on one of their computers in the lobby) and she had someone pull it up immediately. After the test drive she referred me to a salesman who was very attentive to my needs and helped me to drive away with the car that day. I would highly recommend shopping for your luxury car at Donohoo Auto, it is a one of a kind dealership and I will definitely be back to meet my future car needs. I was more than happy and satisfied with my experience.

June 29, 2012

Colleen, Thank you so much for the kind words. Katherine and team work hard to make your experience pleasant and hassle free. Hope to see you next time around!! Sincerely Chris Donohoo

great service!

by from Laplace, LA |

I am currently shopping a new car. James has always been prompyt with a reply when i had questions about the new cars he had there at DOnaahoo!

Negotiations In Progress...Update To Follow

by from South Carolina |

Let me begin by saying, I have not purchased a vehicle from this dealer YET. I've been in negotiations with a salesman for about a week and a half now and have had some trouble with the sales price, shipping cost (I live in South Carolina), and non-responsive communication. At first I requested delivery of the car and was told a sales price that included delivery cost. Then when I mentioned I would be willing to drive there and pick it up (toting along my 4 week old newborn, hence why I requested delivery originally), the salesman stated that he would not reduce the sales price based on how much the shipping cost was/is. My sales price stayed the same whether or not I traveled to Donohoo or had the car delivered to me. This situation has forced my accpetance of the shipping costs to be included in my sales price...which I completely disagree with from a business stand point. As for the non-responsive communication, I have requested pictures that I have not received and have had to call/re-email the salesman many times to receive a response. I certainly understand being busy, but for a dealer who prides themselves on "customer service", I expect more. Lastly, according to the carfax on a good amount of the cars listed in Donohoo inventory, it's showing some form of damage/accident noted. While the vehicle I'm interested in has a clean carfax, I'm having a separate pre-purchase inspection done by the manufacturer before purchase, based on my concerns that Donohoo is purchasing vehicles from an "accident/damaged auction"...I suggest you do the same before purchase. More to follow once my transaction is completed, purchased or not.

November 15, 2014

We are sorry that you were not happy with our customer service. There was over 15 emails of correspondence from you and request for several pictures beyond the tens of pictures on our website. I only found twice where our sales rep failed to respond within 4 hours, though our salesperson could have done a better job on getting the requested pictures. We respectfully disagree about the cost of shipping. We offered a lower price with no shipping. When you were told the bottom price, shipping or not, that was reduced from our listed price and represented a reduction that would accommodate for shipping. Your assertion that we are purchasing vehicles from an "accident/damaged auction" is not true. We purchase at the same venues that all other major dealerships purchase, and we believe our vehicles' quality is up to par with these other dealers. I can appreciate your particularity regarding the vehicle you want to purchase, and I respect that, but given the high demands you have for a used vehicle, we would suggest you find somewhere closer to you where you can see the vehicles for yourself and be thoroughly satisfied with the condition yourself before you purchase. Good luck in your purchase, and sorry we were not able to meet your needs.

Purchased 2 Vehicles Here

by from Memphis,TN |

I have purchased 2 Vehicles from DonohooAuto without ever stepping foot onto their dealership. They made the process easy and delivered each vehicle in the condition advertised. I will always look here when shopping for a vehicle. Great service, great prices and overall a great experience.

Wonderful car buying experience

by from Dallas, TX |

I found the car I was looking for at Donohoo Auto while researching cars online. The price was much better than other dealers were offering for similarly equipped cars and its mileage was very low. There were quite a few pictures included with the listing, and I was able to view the car's Carfax report for further confirmation that the car was as presented. I live some 600 miles from Birmingham but have a friend there whom I asked to go check out the dealership and test drive the car for me. She reported back that the dealership was clean and busy, my salesman Edwin was courteous and professional, and that the car was in great shape. I contacted Edwin to put a deposit on the car and set in motion the process to purchase it. Edwin was very thorough in explaining Donohoo's deposit policy, and we were able to conduct the entire transaction via phone and email. I made arrangements to fly to Birmingham to pick up the car and drive it home. When I arrived at the dealership, the car was waiting out front and all of my paperwork was ready. The car was extremely clean, and everyone I encountered at Donohoo was polite, efficient and professional. I am thrilled with my car and with my experience at Donohoo. I would definitely purchase another car from Donohoo Auto and would highly recommend it to others.

August 28, 2014

Thank you for taking the time and writing this wonderful review. It can be nerve racking to buy a car based on trust. We thank you for trusting us and we could not be happier that your trust was rewarded with a car you can enjoy. We look forward to working with you again in the future.

They sell lemons

by from Rome, GA |

My fiancée and I bought a Mercedes from here two weeks ago, when we test drove everything was fine. On the way home back to Rome the car broke down. We have since then had to take it to the Mercedes dealership twice. I go to drive it today, and it won't even start. This has been the biggest headache ever. They sell lemons. I would not recommend buying cars from this dealership. The employees are very nice but I have had this car in the shop more than I've been able to drive it. Total bummer, when I should be so happy to own such a beautiful car.

August 28, 2014

I apologize your experience with us was not up to our usual standard. If you have not already, please contact Jay Martin. He is our Sales Manager and will be more than happy to assist you in an effort to fix this issue.

Bought My Car from 800 Miles Away!!!

by from Meriden, CT |

Okay so I was eyeing this beautiful 335i that was a Manufacturer Buyback. I had some hesitation due to the buyback situation and being branded a lemon but this car came with a CPO warranty good from the next year... so why not? I bought the car sight unseen(risky, I know) but have driven a 335i and had them double check the car. My salesperson was Chris Seay, he always returned my call and most times answered right away! He worked with me well above and beyond what most salespeople would do, especially some guy from CT claiming he wanted to buy a car. Thank You Chris! Every step of the process was awesome, they shipped my car up and quoted 7-14 days... I couldn't wait THAT LONG! My car got here 2 days later.... Not typical I am sure but definitely awesome! Thank You Donohoo I am a very proud owner of an awesome car! BTW: The car was lemoned due to poor fuel delivery, Fuel Injectors. When I received the car I brought it directly to BMW and they replaced all the Fuel Injectors under a Factory Recall and now my car runs perfect!! Took a chance and it really paid off thanks to the help of Chris and everyone there!

Good Communication

by from birmingham, alabama |

Spoke to a sales agent via email while I was at work giving him my trade in information, due to having negative equity in my car, they was not able to help help me, however the call back and communication was good. If you have alot of negative equity in your car I wouldnt suggest shopping here.

My previous review on trading my vehicle

by from Birmingham, AL |

I had written a review titled" Do not bring your car for a trade-in", Talked to the store manager and he apologized for the bad experience and offered to take care of my issue. I accepted and glad that he took care of my concerns and issues. Would be glad to check them out for my next vehicle purchase.

August 26, 2014

Thank you for working with us. I hope we worked out all of our initial problems and if you have any questions in the future please do not hesitate to call.

Do not bring your car for a trade-in

by from Birmingham, AL |

I drove my car to the dealer to test drive their vehicles during my lunch break. Dealer asked if I have a trade-in, after replying yes, they took my car to the back so they can assess the trade-in value. After test driving a couple of vehicles, got my key back from salesman, he told me the worth of my car and gave me my keys back. Went back to work. Later that night when I was leaving to go home I had major problems with my car and my check engine light came on. Went back to the dealer the next day asked them to look at my car and see why the check engine light came on. Later, the sales man came back and told me they read 2 messages so they did not want to reset the computer. I had to take my car to a mechanic to diagnose the problem, he did not find any issues with my car after test driving it and did not read the same message as the dealer so he reset the computer. It cost me $100.00 for the mechanic to check the computer and test drive to determine my car was fine. I went back to the dealer with the $100 receipt to get the dealer to cover my cost, so far they have not offered to reimburse me. So now I am writing this review and will post messages on Yelp and any other sites I find, to let people know to be careful trusting this dealer with their potential trade-in.

BMW PURCHASE

by from Lagrange Ga |

In 30 years of buying and leasing cars, I have never had a more enjoyable experience. I found the car I was looking for on the web-site (BMW 750I). Drove 200 miles to see it. When I arrived, I was promptly provided the car for a test drive. Took my time, came back to the dealership, was introduced to a salesman, negotiated for a few minutes (traded in a Mercedes) went into finance within 15 min and was on my way home in less than 3 hours with my 09 BMW. DONOHOO beat the price of their competition by 5000 dollars!! This is the way car buying should be! Professional in every department

September 28, 2013

Thanks for taking time to share your experience, Bruce. We try really hard to respect our customers' time, so it is good hear we are accomplishing that.